[Phase Shift]- A Kinetic Novel

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: [Phase Shift]- A Kinetic Novel

#16 Post by MaiMai »

@rimir- Thanks for pointing out the typos! Man, I should be ashamed, English is my first language and I can't even spot my own mistakes. XD

As for how long it took me... Well, it took much longer than a kinetic novel should take in my opinion. I started this project way back in April by myself when I discovered Ren Py'. I hooked my friend into helping me write the script and I basically took care of the programming and art. But I also had school, exams, and RL to contend with and that got in the way. A lot. :|

Art was pretty tricky... I was going to do hand-drawn sprites at first since I didn't have a tablet and I had zero CGing skills. But then I got a tablet, gained a few CGing skills thanks to the help of certain people and hated myself to redo the character sprites. :B And THEN I lost contact with my co-writer for a few weeks so storywise nothing was moving along until he came back and we FINALLY were able to finish it off this month. So it was a lot of work, more than I wanted to do at first, but then I guess this just means that even with the simple things I plan out, hard work is put into it so I don't give people crap to look at. I'm glad you like my story, short as it was. 8)
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

ebonyskies
Regular
Projects: Visit to Nowhere (WIP) and Pet Project--Cat Girl

#17 Post by ebonyskies »

Yeah, it's incredibly easy to get delayed by real world blehy-ness. XD There's just so much that can get out of hand. @____@ Especially if other people are involved in making it.
Currently in the pre-production stages of creating the VN Visit to Nowhere, a moderately dark modern fairytale. In progress thread will be created once out of the pre-production phase. =D

Plotting: 25%
Concept art: 80%
Demo: 50%

rimir
Regular
Projects: Only test projects

#18 Post by rimir »

MaiMai wrote:@rimir- Thanks for pointing out the typos! Man, I should be ashamed, English is my first language and I can't even spot my own mistakes. XD
Well, that's actually harder than it seems because your mind already knows the correct sentences so even when you encounter a typo it just fetches the correct sentence from your memory and displays that to you.
As for how long it took me... Well, it took much longer than a kinetic novel should take in my opinion. I started this project way back in April by myself when I discovered Ren Py'. I hooked my friend into helping me write the script and I basically took care of the programming and art. But I also had school, exams, and RL to contend with and that got in the way. A lot. :|
Only 4 months with all that going on? :shock: ...wow...I started thinking about making one towards the beginning of this month and I still don't have a full story! :oops:

MaiMai
Yandere

#19 Post by MaiMai »

I got some nice fanart of Ai Thao from my friend on DA. Her art is wonderful and she is a better CG artist than me. *_*
Attachments
Ai_Thao_sky_by_chiisai_saruchan.jpg

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#20 Post by carosene »

Wow, what a cute game!
I loved the art, and how many expressions the characters had. The music was really nice too!
I'm looking forward to the sequel!
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

#21 Post by CaesMRaenes »

Um, I tried downloading Phase Shift through the Mac copy but it says that the file is either damaged or corrupted. Help please? =D
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

MaiMai
Yandere

#22 Post by MaiMai »

Hm, this is the first problem for the mac file I've had for this game 'A' I'll try reuploading the mac version this afternoon or tonight on sendspace.

If there are any other errors regarding downloading, please let me know!

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#23 Post by sake-bento »

Yooosh. Finally played this. Yes, I am a slow bento. D:

Really nice! The story is compelling, the characterization is great, and I was really drawn in. I'm looking forward to the sequel even more now. XD I was a little distracted by the characters moving and changing size with every expression. @_@ But that's my only real hangup with it. Great work, and keep it up!

MaiMai
Yandere

#24 Post by MaiMai »

Haha, thanks sake-bento I really appreciate the feedback. I'm a person who likes subtle expressions and movements, but I suppose it might get distracting.

Santander02

#25 Post by Santander02 »

I've just played it and liked it :wink: , the story was really interesting and well written, I thought the heroine was lovely as was the artwork. I also liked how the backgrounds mixed well even if they didn't have the same art-style as the characters, the only thing I didn't like was the main character himself, I honestly didn't like him too much :?

Looking forward to the next chapter ^^

Inuyasha KJ

#26 Post by Inuyasha KJ »

can you check the mac version because It doesn't seem to work

MaiMai
Yandere

#27 Post by MaiMai »

Finally uploaded a new Mac file for [Phase Shift]. I can't tell if it will work or not since I'm PC not Mac 8D So please tell me if it works or not o/

renpao
Regular
Projects: Her Majesty!; •minutiae•

#28 Post by renpao »

Wow...your story was really touching. ;_; I love how nice and simple Ai Thao is; I just love everything about her. Partly because I could also relate to her having a sheltered life. ;__;

Every time I listen to that particular music on the music box now, it reminds me so much of this story. ;_;

Thank you for sharing. I'd love to see it continued. =)
Moved to klonki. I won't be checking this profile anymore. Please direct your PMs over there, thank you!

MaiMai
Yandere

#29 Post by MaiMai »

A little late on my reply because of RL and trying to make a final plot for current project, but thanks for the comment Renpao *_* Ai Thao is one of my favorite OCs ever (then again I draw her the most as well, but) I'm glad she could come across to you as someone nearly three dimensional. I'm really looking forward to writing for her again when I make a sequel (and I want to redo the art for the story at some point in time)

Rutoro
Projects: The Exchange Student

#30 Post by Rutoro »

I just finished playing your game and I must say that I enjoyed it alot! :D

I admit that I was a bit skeptical at first after only reading the intro and looking at the pictures(sorry... no offence) but as soon as I started up the game and actually played it I found that I just couldn't put it down! I loved the story and it togheter with the pretty graphics had me hooked through the whole game! I even found myself playing it a second time even though that was mostly because I feel in love with the music. ^^'

There was still so much unexplained and at the end I found myself wanting more. That's why I dearly hope that you will make a sequel! :D If you do I will definitly play it!

Keep up the good work! :3