Heaven's Grave [Otome/GxB Commercial Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
blackcross12
Regular
Completed: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, The Rose of Segunda, Homecoming, Heaven's Grave,
Projects: Best Friends Forever [IP], The Thorns of War [IP], Rise of the Phoenix [IP]
Organization: Blackcross & Taylor
Tumblr: blackcross-taylor
itch: blackcrosstaylor

Heaven's Grave [Otome/GxB Commercial Fantasy]

#1 Post by blackcross12 »

itch.io page: https://blackcrosstaylor.itch.io/heavens-grave

Arha lives a simple life as a shrine maiden at a long-forgotten temple finding joy in her worship, tending her small garden and occasional trips to the nearby village.

Then, one day, the sun does not rise…

It soon becomes apparent, though, that the now-erratic sun is the least of their problems. The wells and rivers are drying up and crops wither in the fields.

The villagers demand answers, but the gods, as ever, are silent. After a night of desperate prayer, Arha awakes – and she is not alone.

Three young men have appeared in the temple, finely dressed and impossibly beautiful, and, what is more, they claim to be gods. Powerless and confused, the four decide to travel to the First Temple to try to restore the balance of Heaven before it is too late.

Accompany three fallen deities on a journey across a dying world, where hope is all man has left.

Arha (name can be changed)
A foundling raised by the temple monks, she is generally kind, understanding and utterly devoted to her gods, though conversation options can allow for more rational, emotional or insolent personality traits.

The Gods
Three of the seven Nakami, comprising of Tai - the commanding, but dependable Sun God, Suiza - the tempestuous, vain God of Water and Kien - the gentle yet distant God of Nature.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Full game features:

191,000 words
40+ atmospheric backgrounds
30+ CGs
3 romance options
7 possible endings

Price: £11.99 (approx $16)

***Please note: this game is set in an apocalypse scenario and thereby contains scenes of non-graphic, infrequent violence and the aftermath of natural disasters. It also contains non-graphic scenes of a romantic/sexual nature***

ss5.jpg
ImageImageImageImageImage

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

Re: Heaven's Grave [Otome/GxB Commercial Fantasy]

#2 Post by NiKaWo »

HI I'M SORRY I MEANT TO COMMENT WITH MY REVIEW (that I shamelessly ripped off myself from steam so I wouldn't need to type it all up again lol) EARLIER BECAUSE I LOVED THIS GAME BUT I WANTED TO FINISH IT FIRST AND I FORGOT.

I loved this game, I initially wasn't that interested in the premise, but because I had loved the studios two other games (Devil and the Deep Blue Sea and The Rose of Segunda) I decided to give it a try. I'm really glad I did, because it was fantastic. The writing has improved from their earlier games (particularly the endings felt less abrupt and were more satisfying) and the story itself was more original and more 'grown up' feeling.

The setting was lush and the lore interesting, I found I actually wanted to know more about Arha's daily duties and her early life. The characters vibrant and good at evoking emotional responses (not just the LIs, though I particularly loved their character development, but the side characters too. Twice in the game I found characters I thought I would hate forever, only to find out that by the end I felt they had managed to redeem themselves). This game was very good about showing the bleakness of humanity while also building a case as to why it should still be saved.

I'm not a huge fan of having a love point system, so that is my one strike against it, but there were lots of choices so you still felt like you had some wiggle room to role play while still at least getting the normal ending or better. That said, it's pretty linear and once you pay through each route once there isn't much incentive to go back and replay and the common route itself feels a bit tedious skipping through with only a few new scenes per LI despite making up more than half the game.

All in all it is well worth it in my opinion, though do keep in mind that the story is a little bit slow to get started (the common route covers 71k words).

Overall Rating 8/10

Great quality as usual, thanks for the fun time!!!

blackcross12
Regular
Completed: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, The Rose of Segunda, Homecoming, Heaven's Grave,
Projects: Best Friends Forever [IP], The Thorns of War [IP], Rise of the Phoenix [IP]
Organization: Blackcross & Taylor
Tumblr: blackcross-taylor
itch: blackcrosstaylor

Re: Heaven's Grave [Otome/GxB Commercial Fantasy]

#3 Post by blackcross12 »

Thanks, NiKaWo, I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed it overall. ^_^
ImageImageImageImageImage