Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ Arc I - Summer Lights v2.0

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

Re: Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ Arc I - Summer Lights v1.0

#91 Post by Sakurazaki »

Three chapters or Arcs.
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#92 Post by Cain0425 »

well many parts of the game are there going to be?

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#93 Post by Sakurazaki »

Just three parts. It's a fairly short game.

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#94 Post by Cain0425 »

okay

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#95 Post by Sakurazaki »

VERSION 2.0 UP NOW!

New artwork, new event CGs! More Aquae for you ;p

Rezznik
Regular
Projects: Aquae, Consonance

Re: Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ Arc I - Summer Lights v2.0

#96 Post by Rezznik »

What about my updated hi-rez bgs T-T...?
Online Portfolio:
Background Artist, Musical Supervisor, QA Assurance: Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
To those who are wondering what happened to Consonance, it has been put aside for the time being due to my job situation.

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#97 Post by Sakurazaki »

Your bgs are lovely as always

New announcement for R3: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=7896

and now you can continue the journey of Aquae with the 2nd newly released arc! http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 95#p107995

veenav

#98 Post by veenav »

the mediafire windows link for the 2.0 version is not working, it shows some kind of server error.

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#99 Post by Sakurazaki »

Ok we will get it fixed for you soon.

Rezznik
Regular
Projects: Aquae, Consonance

#100 Post by Rezznik »

Online Portfolio:
Background Artist, Musical Supervisor, QA Assurance: Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
To those who are wondering what happened to Consonance, it has been put aside for the time being due to my job situation.

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#101 Post by Sakurazaki »

Updated Windows v2.0 link

veenav

#102 Post by veenav »

thank you very much for fixing the link.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

#103 Post by kinougames »

Today is a free, bang-out-critiques day, and I'll write as I play, if you don't mind. :)
Opening music was the first thing I heard. It's lovely. Your title page is very nice to look at, and I really like the way the paper almost seems watery. I also adore your logo, but I feel like you might've had better luck making it a slightly more neutral color for the title page because it is a bit electric against the rest of the coloring.

I loved the little opening writing, it's probably the best game opening I've read on here.

As far as technics, you show the same logo twice from beginning of game to the start of the actual game play and it seems awkward. Also, you wrote "studios" incorrectly in Japanese...I would get someone with an extensive knowledge of the language if you're going to use even katakana words, because it should be written "スタジオ”. Also, I feel like it took a long time to get through the self-scrolling words...I would prefer if I had the option to click and make it move by itself just because it got a bit lengthy.

Also, I'm not sure why there is an ellipsis after a question mark...

The music however, was very lovely and appropriate the entire time.

Separately, I like the backgrounds and the sprites, but it has the problem most lined versus unlined art has, it doesn't work together as well as we'd like, but they're still nice.

Erika's pose occasionally seemed unnatural for her facial expression. Not a massive problem, but I thought I should mention it.

I love the dialogue. Definitely some of the best. I also really love the map.

The very 3-D underground background really tore me out of the 2-D style. I would suggest working with painting over that to get a better effect. Also, there are ways to get rid of all the white on a sprite, and I'd do a little research since there are some pieces that are a bit left over.

I like Frain's characterization, however, the writing mentions he has wavy hair and the sprite's hair looks fairly straight to me. Again, a small error, but I feel like it can be avoided with beta work. I also feel like the art for the sprites changes a bit drastically sometimes.

This might just be me, but I feel like the Elder saying "Anyways" is a little odd.

The whole idea that the Frain and Kaizarel are "different" seems a bit overplayed, especially in fantasy games, and to have two characters in a single game who are that way did kind of make me sigh a little bit. Also, "vague" is written as "vauge".

In the festival background, while you're playing the ball game, there's a sign that says "1 ball $1.00", when the game says 5 Aurum. I would have the sign removed or changed.

I ADORED the fireworks background and I hope that all of your backgrounds in the newest game come out that way.

It took me a little while to figure out how to save, and I think that mentioning this early is a good idea, or giving a little "how to play" in game manual.

I'm not sure if this is a night time sound or something, but it was so short that it ended up being really grating after a while of listening to it. It plays when you take Amelia home after Frain falls into the ocean.

Ryrui's accent/dialect seems to change pretty often and awkwardly.

All in all, very good for a starter game, and the music was mostly calming and lovely. I look forward to other works your group will do. :)
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!

IanaBri
Regular

#104 Post by IanaBri »

I have wanted to play this for a long time and I would like to play the second one ...But I have gotten so many viruses from mediafire, megaupload, ect. and gotten in so much trouble because this is my mom's computer that I am afraid to download anything from those websites. Is their an alternative way that I can setup this game and the next one on my comp. like through someone emailing it to me or something? I would really appreciate some assistance.

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#105 Post by Sakurazaki »

Hrm. It is hard for me to upload it somewhere. usually mediafire is very safe, do you have an anti-virus installed?