Sentient dogs fight for social standing VN - Aug 23 release

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
quillyquillquill
Regular
Projects: A Summer with the Shiba Inu
Organization: Quill Studios
itch: quill-studios

Sentient dogs fight for social standing VN - Aug 23 release

#1 Post by quillyquillquill »

A Summer with the Shiba Inu is set in a world populated by dogs, ten years in the future.

UPDATE our game is launching tomorrow, August 23!
Steam store: https://store.steampowered.com/app/9160 ... Shiba_Inu/

Set in Canine-da and Tai-paw, choices matter in A Summer with the Shiba Inu. There are 10+ drastically ending variants, with a story script of ~70,000 words.

Additional features such as:
- Dog bark button in preference menu
- Random facts about dogs each time you launch game
- Some other stuff where the game will notice how long you take to make a decision ;)
- Dogs galore!

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv0qNyL5VuQ

Steam Greenlight page:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =881043040

Story features:
  • Technology is ahead of our current world, but us humans can see the parallels and similarities to present time.
  • Why does it seem like Quei-Li knows much, much more about Syd than she lets on? What are her motives?
  • Syd in turn is trying to find out something about Quei-Li and her brother. Why?
  • What is "The System" and the effects of it shaping and binding the lives and value of the dogs on the Island?
  • On a lighter note: Gorgeous art based on real locations and local street food make for a fest of virtual tourism.
Screenshots:

Assets:
(All characters have multiple poses and expressions)
Syd:

Quei-Li:

Max:

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: Sentient dogs fight for social standing VN - Aug 23 release

#2 Post by parttimestorier »

Hey Quilly! I've been really enjoying playing this so far. I like how you gradually uncover the details of how this strange and unique world works, and the dog puns are hilarious! But I'm really stumped on getting the last three achievements I don't have yet: Best Ever Reali-Ti (BERT), Yours Truly, and My Everything (Deluxe). Would you be okay with posting some hints?
At one point, I got to a scene where Quei-li was telling me to use the Feather to absorb her knowledge, and there were two choices that were locked, so I figure they must be something to do with that. But I was just kind of experimenting randomly when I got to that scene, so I'm not even totally sure how to reliably get back to it, let alone unlock the other choices!
ImageImageImage

quillyquillquill
Regular
Projects: A Summer with the Shiba Inu
Organization: Quill Studios
itch: quill-studios

Re: Sentient dogs fight for social standing VN - Aug 23 release

#3 Post by quillyquillquill »

parttimestorier wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:03 pm Hey Quilly! I've been really enjoying playing this so far. I like how you gradually uncover the details of how this strange and unique world works, and the dog puns are hilarious! But I'm really stumped on getting the last three achievements I don't have yet: Best Ever Reali-Ti (BERT), Yours Truly, and My Everything (Deluxe). Would you be okay with posting some hints?
Hey, thanks so much for playing!

BERT: Be always mean to QL (but survive till after ARIna with Xue-la), be perfectly nice to Max, and be the worst doggo you can be otherwise.
Yours Truly: Be great to QL, but be super mean otherwise
My Everything (Deluxe): Be nice, and be perfectly nice to QL :)