Akash: Path of the Five [otome][fantasy] [romance][humor]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
truantpixel
Projects: Akash: Path of the Five
Tumblr: akashgame

Akash: Path of the Five [otome][fantasy] [romance][humor]

#1 Post by truantpixel »

Akash: Path of the Five is an otome set in a fantasy world. Players will assume the role of Aurora, a member of a magical race known as the “Al’wan,” or elementals. For nearly a millenia, the number of elemental girls born has dwindled, forcing them to interbreed with humans to save their race from extinction. As the first elemental girl the village of Akash has seen in over 200 years, all eyes are on Aurora while she prepares for her Coming of Age Ceremony. Tensions between her home village and a neighboring village of humans boil over, threatening an all-out war. Players will have the opportunity to cultivate a romance with one of her five classmates, navigate the conflict between the two races, and plan the greatest Coming of Age Ceremony the village of Akash has seen in two centuries.

Romanceable Characters:

Rowan:

Rowan--earth elemental. He's always smiling and joking--the quickest way to his heart is a bad pun. He's not a very serious student; he'd rather be spending his time exercising. Best friends with Sirocco. Voiced by Chris Patton.

Sirocco ("Rocco")

Sirocco--wind elemental. Prefers to be called "Rocco". Sirocco is the village playboy, always ready with a come-on or sleazy line. He gets away with being so obnoxious purely on the strength of his charm. Best friends with Rowan. Voiced by Andrew Love.

Ignatius:

Ignatius--fire elemental. Ignatius is shy and introverted--he spends most of his time drawing. Sirocco and Rowan tease him constantly. Voiced by Brandon McInnis.

Caspian:

Caspian--water elemental. Regal, aloof, and often arrogant, Caspian is a mystery to his classmates and even the village at large. He keeps to himself as he seems to think most are beneath him. Voiced by SungWon Cho.

Lux:

Lux--light elemental. Aurora's best friend since childhood, his massive size belies a gentle spirit. He's kind and helpful to all he meets, and loves to read in his spare time. Voiced by Ray Chase.

Daniel:

A human male who ends up caught in the cross-fire between the human and elemental villages. He's impulsive and brash but a romantic at heart. Voiced by Jason Wishnov.

Media:

PS4 Launch Trailer

CGS:

Screencaps:

Akash: Path of the Five features:
- An original visual novel in the otome style.
- Multiple potential story paths with multiple endings.
- Over 150,000 lines, featuring fully-voiced dialogue.
- Fully customizable main character (MC) name.
- An all-star cast, including Morgan Berry, SungWon Cho, Andrew Love, Brandon McInnis, Chris Patton, Jason Wishnov, Ray Chase, and more.
- 3D backdrops with cinematic effects.
- Original soundtrack by Fat Bard.
- Over 70 beautifully illustrated CGs to collect

Store Links

PS4 (NA): https://store.playstation.com/en-us/pro ... ATHOFTHE05
Steam: https://t.co/wrnnibn2Ev?amp=1 (Out October 1, 2019)
Switch: Coming soon
PS4 (EU): Out September 3, 2019

------

Thank you so much for your consideration. This game has been a labor of love for the last four years, and it's an honor to share it with folks who love otome and VNs as much as I do. I hope you enjoy. :) <3

damonRuru

Re: Akash: Path of the Five [otome][fantasy] [romance][humor]

#2 Post by damonRuru »

Oooohhh... This looks nice!
Quite interesting and i think i can spend myself immersed into the game for quite some time.
I already have set my eyes on two guys ;)
But damn, 1 october? that is soo long!
Btw is this commercial? If yes then how much is it?
I am lurking behind every corner of the world just to seek one special spice for my life.

truantpixel

#3 Post by truantpixel »

damonRuru wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:21 am Oooohhh... This looks nice!
Quite interesting and i think i can spend myself immersed into the game for quite some time.
Thank you so much! Would love to know who you're feeling. :D

It is commercial, though it feels strange to say it that way because we are only a 3 person team. The regular version is $29.99 on PSN, the deluxe version (includes soundtrack, free dynamic theme, and 8 avatars) is $34.99. The steam version will be the same price, $29.99 for base and $34.99 for the deluxe edition which includes DLC (25-track OST, 40 Meme stickers for use in social media featuring Aurora, Lux, Ignatious, Caspian, Rowan, and Rocco in hilarious pose, 4K Wallpaper featuring the main character, special edition CG / Wallpaper featuring the mysterious 6th suitor, and a 44-page digital artbook featuring unseen and unused content, a look into the creative process, hilarious comics, and more)

Switch version will also be $29.99 without a deluxe edition.

Virelai
Regular

#4 Post by Virelai »

This looks incredible! And I can't believe you're only a 3 person team--that's absolutely amazing. I'm really excited and I'll definitely be following this game on Steam!

damonRuru

#5 Post by damonRuru »

truantpixel wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:58 am
damonRuru wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:21 am Oooohhh... This looks nice!
Thank you so much! Would love to know who you're feeling. :D

It is commercial, though it feels strange to say it that way because we are only a 3 person team. The regular version is $29.99 on PSN, the deluxe version (includes soundtrack, free dynamic theme, and 8 avatars) is $34.99. The steam version will be the same price, $29.99 for base and $34.99 for the deluxe edition which includes DLC (25-track OST, 40 Meme stickers for use in social media featuring Aurora, Lux, Ignatious, Caspian, Rowan, and Rocco in hilarious pose, 4K Wallpaper featuring the main character, special edition CG / Wallpaper featuring the mysterious 6th suitor, and a 44-page digital artbook featuring unseen and unused content, a look into the creative process, hilarious comics, and more)

Switch version will also be $29.99 without a deluxe edition.
Oh great! that is soo affordable!
I definitely would be one of the first one to buy it on its release (That is if i didnt forget it by then since its 1 month from now lol xD)
Daniel and Caspian the one that caught my eye btw xD
I am lurking behind every corner of the world just to seek one special spice for my life.

truantpixel

#6 Post by truantpixel »

Thank you all so much! I should clarify that we have contractors for voice acting, additional art, music, etc, but the company is only three people and we worked on it alone for many years until the very end. :) Not to worry, I'll be sure to update when it's actually out for Steam and Switch ;)

truantpixel

#7 Post by truantpixel »

truantpixel

#8 Post by truantpixel »

Apologies for the triple post, but Akash is now out for Switch in NA regions! https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/a ... ive-switch Out in EU 9/26 and Steam 10/1

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#9 Post by Fungii »

Whaaat? An otome on switch with readable english?? Can't wait to have the money to buy it!

Alia
Regular

#10 Post by Alia »

Don't suppose there's going to be a demo?
Can you give a time estimate for the length of a first playthrough?

truantpixel

#11 Post by truantpixel »

Fungii wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:58 pm Whaaat? An otome on switch with readable english?? Can't wait to have the money to buy it!
Thank you so much! :D
Alia wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:31 pm Don't suppose there's going to be a demo?
Can you give a time estimate for the length of a first playthrough?
No demo! I'd say about 3-4 for a first route if you're sitting there listening to all of it and taking your time with your decisions and so on.

Velistra

#12 Post by Velistra »

Bought it on the Switch because I got impatient and I'm going to need a portable game for a few days. Still going to get it on Steam though because I prefer to game on my PC but...now to wait on it do download on my Switch lol.

truantpixel

#13 Post by truantpixel »

Akash is now out on Steam, on sale for $26.99 for a limited time!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1098 ... _the_Five/
Velistra wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:50 pm Bought it on the Switch because I got impatient and I'm going to need a portable game for a few days. Still going to get it on Steam though because I prefer to game on my PC but...now to wait on it do download on my Switch lol.
Thank you so much for your support! :D We hope you enjoy!

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#14 Post by illuminate001 »

Hi! I've been meaning to post about this for awhile, but wanted to start off with first congratulating you on Akash's release! One thing is an english VN...on PS4?! That blows my mind. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before tbh. It makes me wonder if I can someday bring my own VN's to a wider audience as well. ^_^

Also, the sprites/characters especially Rowan... <3 <3 <3 ...very attractive. Whoever your artist is, I sense they are influenced greatly by Tetsuya Nomura, as they draw faces very much like he does circa FF8 era.

I wish I could play the game but I don't have Steam or a PSN account really. Do you not have any plans to be hosted on itch.io?
ImageImage
ImageImage

truantpixel

#15 Post by truantpixel »

illuminate001 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:46 am Hi! I've been meaning to post about this for awhile, but wanted to start off with first congratulating you on Akash's release! One thing is an english VN...on PS4?! That blows my mind. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before tbh. It makes me wonder if I can someday bring my own VN's to a wider audience as well. ^_^

Also, the sprites/characters especially Rowan... <3 <3 <3 ...very attractive. Whoever your artist is, I sense they are influenced greatly by Tetsuya Nomura, as they draw faces very much like he does circa FF8 era.

I wish I could play the game but I don't have Steam or a PSN account really. Do you not have any plans to be hosted on itch.io?
Hey thank you so much! Our artist is Vanna Le--while we didn't use Nomura as a reference this time around I'll always take that as a huge compliment. :D As far as itch.io goes we're looking into it!