'<3'

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mole-chan
Veteran
Completed: DUAEL, Escape from Puzzlegate
Projects: A Bird with Gold-Mended Wings
Deviantart: mole-chan
itch: moleworks

'<3'

#1 Post by Mole-chan »

edit: Linux version and alternate downloads available. Sorry for the confusion.
Introduction
I'm going to be honest that my announcement is, at best, delayed. I was kind of nervous about posting here, and wasn't even intending to at first. Then I noticed a very large (for me) download count for the final build, and was finally able to figure out where that was coming from - someone had listed my game on the main site.

If I was right, and this is where my traffic was coming from, THANK YOU! C: I'm so very grateful you guys. I honestly didn't think anyone would notice my modest little game. If not, well, oops. XD;

So really, I'm just posting because download counts are quite impersonal, and I want to know what you guys think. I think that's OK. I looked hard, and didn't see anything against it. If there is, feel free to delete this post. :oops:

MOVING ON.
Screenshot

Summary

"Ime, a humanoid computer, suddenly finds herself among the ranks of a local honeypot, a network devoted to attracting and trapping viruses, without any explanation. To make matters even more complicated, there's been rumors of a mysterious virus by the name of "<3", that is said to be able to create the illusion of romantic love. It's a wild romp as some try to uncover its secrets, some to help cure it, and some just to see its effects through until the end!"

Downloads
Windows
Mac
iLiad
Linux

Alternate Downloads
Windows
Mac
iLiad
Linux

Credits
Sound FX: Flash Kit
Ren'py Visual Novel Engine: PyTom
Everything else, art, music, backgrounds, script, was done by me. c:
Last edited by Mole-chan on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: '<3'

#2 Post by azureXtwilight »

Yes, I have played your game and it was very sweet! The art was cute and the music was okay. Yay otome game! However, I feel like Bao's route was a bit too short... I'm unsatisfied...

#3 Post by Guest »

azureXtwilight wrote:Yes, I have played your game and it was very sweet! The art was cute and the music was okay. Yay otome game! However, I feel like Bao's route was a bit too short... I'm unsatisfied...
>w< Thank you. I'm glad the music was at least somewhat okay, considering it's not my strong suit.

and as for Bao's route, that was intentional, but in retrospect, yes, I agree it could have been longer. XD;

Mole-chan
Veteran

#4 Post by Mole-chan »

:'D Hurr. That last one was my post, sorry. So not used to how the forums sign me out automatically...

happysnowXD
Regular

#5 Post by happysnowXD »

I don't know why I feel like laughing everytime I read the summary...maybe I drank too much soda :mrgreen:
but this game looks fun to play -downloading now-

Mole-chan
Veteran

#6 Post by Mole-chan »

happysnowXD wrote:I don't know why I feel like laughing everytime I read the summary...maybe I drank too much soda :mrgreen:
but this game looks fun to play -downloading now-
XD I'd say it's an appropriate reaction. The game is meant to be silly, and rarely takes its premise all that seriously.

I hope you enjoy it~ >w<

celectis
Regular
Projects: Eternal Circle | something else in progress...

#7 Post by celectis »

I agree with Bao's arc being a little shorter than what I had hoped for but the game was surprisingly enjoyable to play! The simplicity to it was also very enjoyable. The BL ending was actually quite unexpected...but of a good sort. Oh hohoho. <3 I think I might have enjoyed Lily's story the best though amazingly. And I rarely even care for GL! Overall nice job. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. (Haha the writing was humorous as well! I SINCERELY DO WONDER WHAT SIZE HIS HARD DRIVE ISSsss)
ArtBlog:Image
Open for Commission~ PM for rates.

Mole-chan
Veteran

#8 Post by Mole-chan »

celectis wrote:I agree with Bao's arc being a little shorter than what I had hoped for but the game was surprisingly enjoyable to play! The simplicity to it was also very enjoyable. The BL ending was actually quite unexpected...but of a good sort. Oh hohoho. <3 I think I might have enjoyed Lily's story the best though amazingly. And I rarely even care for GL! Overall nice job. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. (Haha the writing was humorous as well! I SINCERELY DO WONDER WHAT SIZE HIS HARD DRIVE ISSsss)
X33 Eee, thank you so much!

The BL ending was, admittedly, very last minute. But there was so much subtext between those two as the game was being developed, I found it hard to pass up. c: But I think it worked in the long run.

And I'm glad the writing was good. xD I really had fun with this game, so I'm glad it shows.

celectis
Regular
Projects: Eternal Circle | something else in progress...

#9 Post by celectis »

Haha really? It didn't seem that last moment though! I mean I thought you were setting us up for heartbreak! or even...a threesome hahah! I was amused to death by his Red Ring of Death though. I think your attentions to small details like that was made it really fun to play. :-3 Haha sorry sorry I forgot to mention that in my last post so I had to add. @ A @ Twas my favorite scene as well. <3
ArtBlog:Image
Open for Commission~ PM for rates.

Mole-chan
Veteran

#10 Post by Mole-chan »

celectis wrote:Haha really? It didn't seem that last moment though! I mean I thought you were setting us up for heartbreak! or even...a threesome hahah! I was amused to death by his Red Ring of Death though. I think your attentions to small details like that was made it really fun to play. :-3 Haha sorry sorry I forgot to mention that in my last post so I had to add. @ A @ Twas my favorite scene as well. <3
XD haha, glad to hear it didn't come off that way.

And ohlord a threesome with those guys would be...interesting. xD I can just see Zed and Edwin trying to be all lovey-dovey and Ime bursting in spectacularly.

XD and oh yes, I had more fun than I probably should have with the red ring scene. I actually even did a bit of research for the red-ring/hyperthermia parallel, but never got to use it since our POV character isn't there to see Edwin taking care of it. =A= So yeah, I am a detail freak at times, I guess~ XD;

ebonyskies
Regular
Projects: Visit to Nowhere (WIP) and Pet Project--Cat Girl

#11 Post by ebonyskies »

I really enjoyed this game. =D

My favorite character would probably be Bao, so it was a bit sad that his ending was so short. XD I rather liked Vaqui's ending though. ^_^
Currently in the pre-production stages of creating the VN Visit to Nowhere, a moderately dark modern fairytale. In progress thread will be created once out of the pre-production phase. =D

Plotting: 25%
Concept art: 80%
Demo: 50%

Mole-chan
Veteran

#12 Post by Mole-chan »

ebonyskies wrote:I really enjoyed this game. =D

My favorite character would probably be Bao, so it was a bit sad that his ending was so short. XD I rather liked Vaqui's ending though. ^_^
>w< I'm glad you enjoyed it~

V2Blast
Regular

#13 Post by V2Blast »

I downloaded it a few weeks ago, but still haven't gotten around to playing it (classes have started at college...).
Pie is delicious.

Mole-chan
Veteran

#14 Post by Mole-chan »

V2Blast wrote:I downloaded it a few weeks ago, but still haven't gotten around to playing it (classes have started at college...).
D: Gah, I feel your pain. College tends to kill your free time that way.

Vector_matt

#15 Post by Vector_matt »

Definitely an interesting game. A bit short, but quite fun. (My favorite ending was Lilly's.)

The only thing I didn't like was the absence of a Linux version, but thankfully the windows version works fine with wine.