Lie In My Heart [AVAILABLE ON STEAM] [Mental illness] [Suicide Awareness] [Childhood] [Biographical]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Expressivegame
itch: expressivegames

Lie In My Heart [AVAILABLE ON STEAM] [Mental illness] [Suicide Awareness] [Childhood] [Biographical]

#1 Post by Expressivegame »

--

How would you react to your child's mother ending her own life? Would you make the same choices I made? Would you feel the same regret? How would you support your child through this painful moment of life?

Live my life and learn if your choices are similar to mine

Visit our steam page & review it if you like this project!

If you want to know more about the game here is a very good feedback from Eurogamer!

Synopsis

My daily life brutally collapsed the day Marie, my wife, took her own life.

The violence of the death led to a forensic investigation, to reporters pushing doubt on the nature of what happened… and even though Marie suffered from bipolar disorder, the demons of remorse of our fresh break-up started to show up.

To try to get a grasp of why Marie gave up on life, I keep remembering our life together, the choices I made. It is a necessary evil to find the right words to Théo’s questions, our 5 year-old boy, in order to help him to cope with his mother’s loss.

LIVE MY LIFE AND LEARN IF YOUR CHOICES ARE SIMILAR TO MINE

Key features
  • A narrative, interactive and artistic experience that redefines one’s conception of “what a game is”
  • This game includes sensitive and moving topics inspired by daily life and real events
  • It is both easy to play and deep in its content, and the game’s mechanics create high replay value
  • Beyond its personal story, Lie In My Heart illustrates universal topics such as losing a loved one, coping with mental illness, and helping a child to deal with death
  • Inspired in its visuals and soundtrack by strong cinematographic and musical works (such as David Lynch’s universe, Steven Wilson’s music and the band Tool)
  • Rating : PEGI-16
Concept

Both a visual novel and an adventure game, Lie in My Heart is the exploration of a family tragedy and of the autobiographical possibilities of videogames. The game relies on the concept of « expressive games »: play experiences that give players the opportunity to take someone’s place in order to explore personal psychological and social issues, as well as moral and ethical dilemmas and their consequences. This concept is the result of several years of research carried out by game designer and researcher Sébastien Genvo

Steam page released on August 30th 2019, game available on October 4th 2019

Languages: French, English, Italian

Progress: The development of the game is done, we are still implementing translations, the trailer will be available at the end of the month
--
Game design, art, programing, writing: Sébastien Genvo

Music: David Dupuy, Sébastien Genvo

Publisher: Cogaming Rising
Last edited by Expressivegame on Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

Expressivegame
itch: expressivegames

Re: Lie In My Heart is OUT! [Mental illness] [Suicide Awareness] [Childhood] [Biographical]

#2 Post by Expressivegame »

For those who were interested by the game, here is a very good feedback from Eurogamer :) !

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019 ... -aftermath