Head of the Class [18+ BxG College Romance][Partial VO][Windows, Mac & Linux][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
duck-and-wolf
Regular
Completed: Head of the Class
Organization: Duck & Wolf

Head of the Class [18+ BxG College Romance][Partial VO][Windows, Mac & Linux][Free]

#1 Post by duck-and-wolf »

Hey everyone! We’re a husband and wife team who just finished our first adult-themed visual novel: Head of the Class.

This is the first game in a series of games we plan to do called ‘Pick Your Own Destiny’, basically a tongue-in-cheek spoof of the classic game books we all loved as kids. ;)

Because this was our first visual novel and first Ren’Py project, we kept the scope fairly small and tried to focus mainly on quality and polish. The plot is simple, probably a half-hour; only 4500 words or so. It does get pretty explicit towards the end, however, just fair warning :P

It’s a totally free download at GameJolt, located here: https://gamejolt.com/games/HOTC/442372

We’d love to hear your feedback, good or bad! And of course any bugs or typos or anything you find please let us know! Thanks so much for checking it out!
Last edited by duck-and-wolf on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Head of the Class [BxG, college romance, NSFW, adult-content, partial VO, free]

#2 Post by fleet »

Sending you a private message.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

duck-and-wolf
Regular

Re: Head of the Class [BxG, college romance, NSFW, adult-content, partial VO, free]

#3 Post by duck-and-wolf »

Awesome! I will check it now :D

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Head of the Class [18+ BxG College Romance][Partial VO][Windows, Mac & Linux][Free]

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

At one point in my life, I owned a couple dozen CYOA books, and a few other gamebooks. :P They were probably donated years ago... Also, I'm old enough to remember the television series Head of the Class. :P

Consider talking to other people who sell indie games, and who use Patreon and/or Twitter. Discuss how you can use these services in order to support your creative efforts.

duck-and-wolf
Regular

Re: Head of the Class [18+ BxG College Romance][Partial VO][Windows, Mac & Linux][Free]

#5 Post by duck-and-wolf »

gekiganwing wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:06 pm At one point in my life, I owned a couple dozen CYOA books, and a few other gamebooks. :P They were probably donated years ago... Also, I'm old enough to remember the television series Head of the Class. :P
Well then you're the target audience! (Provided you like adult games :P ) Have you played it? I'd love to know what you thought, if so.
gekiganwing wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:06 pm Consider talking to other people who sell indie games, and who use Patreon and/or Twitter. Discuss how you can use these services in order to support your creative efforts.
We definitely have a Patreon page (https://www.patreon.com/duckandwolf) and a new Twitter account (https://twitter.com/ducknwolf, 'duckandwolf' was already taken, haha) :) And I have been putting out indie games under my real name for a loooooong time; some of them have even done quite well and have been featured on Polygon, Rock Paper Shotgun, PC Gamer, etc. I also briefly worked in the AAA games industry in Los Angeles, but found it wasn't exactly to my liking.

This is just my first visual novel and first Ren'Py project (I've really fallen in love with this engine! It's so intuitive <3), and the first game done under this pseudonym due to the adult nature of the content. For my day job I work for an extremely conservative company in the heart of the Bible Belt of the U.S., and I don't think they'd cotton to this sort of thing :P

duck-and-wolf
Regular

#6 Post by duck-and-wolf »

We've just put out the demo for our next game Special Delivery in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=59348, and we'd love to know what y'all think!