❉ A Fireworks Meeting ❉ [Short ~10 mins long][Romance][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

❉ A Fireworks Meeting ❉ [Short ~10 mins long][Romance][Free]

#1 Post by AsHLeX »

A Fireworks Meeting.png
A Fireworks Meeting.png (36.45 KiB) Viewed 6701 times
A short, simple story about two people who although very much in love, only have one last day to spend together.

Screenshots
screenshot0003.png
screenshot0004.png
screenshot0005.png
screenshot0001.png
screenshot0002.png

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 215 dialogue blocks, containing 2,764 words and 14,622
characters, for an average of 12.9 words and 68 characters per block.
Downloads
Mac: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C_86r ... jPYNxMDvHf
Mac: http://www.mediafire.com/file/np7gktzhp ... c.zip/file
PC: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xJGCA ... VhIY_P9AfC
PC: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7cq0fskmc ... c.zip/file
itch.io DL: https://ashlex.itch.io/a-fireworks-meeting

I would love if you'd give this a try, it won't take very much of your time. It's only a short Kinetic Novel :)
Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Author's note:
After 3 days, it's finally done! Honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I decided to make this as a sort of spur-of-the-moment decision, after some stuff that happened in-real-life broke my heart ^_^". Maybe it's my own way of coming to terms with things... I guess I really am a romanticist, haha. Also, happy belated birthday to me, I guess :) :)
This story is dedicated to all romances out there with bitter-sweet endings.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: ❉ A Fireworks Meeting ❉ [Short ~10 mins long][Romance][Free]

#2 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Hello! I just played your game and here are my thoughts!
First off, I would like to positively let you know you achieved a very bittersweet ending, and it did threaten to make me tear up a bit. The writing was smooth and elegant, the feelings heartfelt and heartwrenching. The chosen backgrounds and arts and music fit the atmosphere nicely. My only real complaint is I am confused as to why they can't be together or why they didn't try, it was sad as if they chose their chosen career paths over the other and I don't quite agree with that, but those are my personal thoughts. The promise beginning and ending with a kiss was heartwrenching, and it was a twist that he found someone else when he seemed to love her more.
Overall, I quite enjoyed this small piece, even if I had a few mixed feelings about it. I am amazed you did so in only 3 days, it was a well thought out story and I encourage you to continue in these endeavors ^^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory

#3 Post by AsHLeX »

Kokoro Hane wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:30 pm Hello! I just played your game and here are my thoughts!
First off, I would like to positively let you know you achieved a very bittersweet ending, and it did threaten to make me tear up a bit. The writing was smooth and elegant, the feelings heartfelt and heartwrenching. The chosen backgrounds and arts and music fit the atmosphere nicely. My only real complaint is I am confused as to why they can't be together or why they didn't try, it was sad as if they chose their chosen career paths over the other and I don't quite agree with that, but those are my personal thoughts. The promise beginning and ending with a kiss was heartwrenching, and it was a twist that he found someone else when he seemed to love her more.
Overall, I quite enjoyed this small piece, even if I had a few mixed feelings about it. I am amazed you did so in only 3 days, it was a well thought out story and I encourage you to continue in these endeavors ^^
Hey, Kokoro Hane! Thanks so much for stopping by and checking it out! And thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to write a review!
I guess I wanted to capture the feeling that romance isn't always enough to make a relationship work. There are often a multitude of reasons why people don't get together/break-up even though they love each other.

I drew a lot of personal inspiration from this game - being an international student who intends to stay back in the country I'm currently in, inter-continental relationships aren't uncommon. I've met people in my situation who broke up just because of the distance, or who won't even try even though they both have feelings for each other.

With the story, the promise started innocently enough - it was meant as a means for two people to enjoy each other's company without being tied down by each other and had a see-how-it-goes attitude - they were still young, perhaps their paths mighhttt cross again? But the years went by and it became clear that they had each settled on their own paths, and their promise just wasn't going to get them anywhere - they were growing deeper and deeper roots in their respective places while their feelings for each other just kept growing stronger. It would probably get to the point where they couldn't "just enjoy" each other's company anymore; the promise was never meant to be sustainable - that's why the girl had included all those clauses in their original promise.

Was the promise something they should have done, given how it would only bring heartbreak in the end? Maybe yes, maybe no, but personally I can see myself doing the same thing if it ever came to it - but then again I tend to make very poor decisions when it comes to romance.

As for him finding someone else, it is possible for someone to like two people at once - or for someone to still like someone but at the same time find another. It was kind of based off how one of my acquaintance had to break up with his then girlfriend because her parents didn't approve and he didn't want to make her choose between him and her parents. He is now married with kids, but there's always that special place in his heart for his first love.
I understand where you're coming from, and I'm not trying to disagree with what you said
I really salute people who can really make it happen despite all the odds, but in my personal experience I just hadn't had the chance to see it happening very much.
Sorry if the reply was unsolicited ^^", feel free to ignore it if it is. I just love hearing the different opinions on romance etc.
Again, thanks so much for taking the time to write out your thoughts! I really appreciate it.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#4 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Oh no trouble for the long reply, thank you for the explanation! Ah, so a lot of personal inspiration went into this. That makes sense, as those experiences tend to shape how we see things. As for me, the experience and what I've witnessed of those close to me is quite different. I do hope a better outcome and luck will come for you someday. And despite everything, it was a very well written VN that I could definitely see your heart in~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by AsHLeX »

Thanks again, Kokoro Hane!