Molly [Nano2020] [Dark Slice of Life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

Molly [Nano2020] [Dark Slice of Life]

#1 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Warning

Story subject covers child abuse with written details. Recommended for 13+.

Download at either itch.io or GameJolt.

Summary

Molly has always tried to be a good girl. Yet no matter what she does, she has never been able to win the affection of her older siblings.

But she'll keep trying.

She has to.

Characters

Our Main Character

Molly

Trying to find the balance between pleasing her parents and her siblings.

The Siblings

Sarah

The oldest. Has never accepted Molly as part of the famiy.

Thomas

Sarah's shadow. Follows her orders, never the instigator.

There are 2 endings.

Our Team

Sunlit-Dreamer: Writer, Programmer, GUI Artist
Akakuroneko: Sprite/CG Artist
banannasquid: BG Artist
ImageImageImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Molly [Nano2020] [Dark Slice of Life]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Heads up, the "credits" button leads to an error.

I really enjoyed this game a lot, it was really sad to read what Molly was going through but it made the ending (once I finally realized what I was supposed to do lol) so much sweeter. All 3 of these kids need hella therapy though.

I did go find your NaNo2015 post and download Bed Time after seeing your comments on itch.io lmao. I'm not sure when I'll get to play it because I'm trying to get through this year's NaNo releases to avoid a backlog but I'm looking forward to it.

I haven't always played your games because I'm too much of a scaredy cat to play most straight horror games, but I've enjoyed all of your games that I did play. I know that this is your last NaNo and that's absolutely your choice but I'm probably going to hold onto the slim hope that we'll see more of your work in the future. (: Thanks for sharing your games with us. <3

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

Re: Molly [Nano2020] [Dark Slice of Life]

#3 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Zelan wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:33 am Heads up, the "credits" button leads to an error.

I really enjoyed this game a lot, it was really sad to read what Molly was going through but it made the ending (once I finally realized what I was supposed to do lol) so much sweeter. All 3 of these kids need hella therapy though.

I did go find your NaNo2015 post and download Bed Time after seeing your comments on itch.io lmao. I'm not sure when I'll get to play it because I'm trying to get through this year's NaNo releases to avoid a backlog but I'm looking forward to it.

I haven't always played your games because I'm too much of a scaredy cat to play most straight horror games, but I've enjoyed all of your games that I did play. I know that this is your last NaNo and that's absolutely your choice but I'm probably going to hold onto the slim hope that we'll see more of your work in the future. (: Thanks for sharing your games with us. <3
Ahh, thanks for that. Fixed it and making new builds now.

Glad you enjoyed it~ It took a bit of trial and error, but I managed to write and code it how I envisioned back in 2015. Yes, most definitely. And Sarah will have a lot of reflecting to do as well.

Good luck getting through all the nanos! And I can type with the utmost certainty that there's nothing to be afraid of. (Unless you count the writing as scary. You'll definitely see a downgrade there.)

Oh don't worry. This may be my final nano. But I plan to make more visual novels in the future, just not mini ones for gamejams anymore. =3
ImageImageImageImage