Giving Her a Voice [nano2020][Sci-fi][Drama]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Suryce
Completed: Giving her a Voice
Projects: The Menagerie remake
itch: suryce

Giving Her a Voice [nano2020][Sci-fi][Drama]

#1 Post by Suryce »

Synopsis

Giving Her a Voice is a short kinetic sci-fi VN about an antisocial non-binary girl who is given by her rich family an android clone meant to take care of social responsibilities for her. Almost a dream come true, but if the android can do everything for her, then what is the point in the end?

Download

You can download it on Itch.io!

JenneMK
Regular
Completed: The Asoralite Crystal, Quest for the Spirit Sphere!, Eislyn's Apocalypse
Deviantart: JenneMK
itch: JenneMK

Re: Giving Her a Voice [nano2020][Sci-fi][Drama]

#2 Post by JenneMK »

Congrats on finishing NaNoRenO! ^^

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#3 Post by Zelan »

.....wow.

I wasn't expecting a game with this premise to be so genuinely heartwarming - if anything, I was expecting light horror. I was really surprised to find myself tearing up at the end.

I really like your writing. I'm trying to play most of the NaNo releases when they're freshly released, but once those are done I'll probably take a look at your previous stuff and anxiously await new games from you.

Suryce
Completed: Giving her a Voice
Projects: The Menagerie remake
itch: suryce

#4 Post by Suryce »

Congrats on finishing NaNoRenO! ^^
Thank you! That's very nice of you.
.....wow. -snip-
That's high praise, thank you!! I'm glad to hear the story worked that well for you. Maybe I was overly worried about it being too short to really land its emotional climax.

It's interesting to me that the premise gave you the wrong first impression about what the game would be like. Something to take into account for me. Another small worry was in fact whether the story successfully shakes off that initial creepiness factor that I do acknowledge and lean into a bit at first, but sounds like it does alright at least.

My previous stuff can be quite wordier, but I hope you'll like it too!