★✨ My Multilingual Storybook (Learn to read Japanese, English, and Chinese) [Educational][iOS / Android] ✨★

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

★✨ My Multilingual Storybook (Learn to read Japanese, English, and Chinese) [Educational][iOS / Android] ✨★

#1 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

My Multilingual Storybook
Learn to read Japanese, English, and Chinese

My Multilingual Storybook on the Apple App Store
My Multilingual Storybook on Android
On the Cat Mat Website
On the RenPy Facebook Group

My Multilingual Storybook is a multilingual story game with content in English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. It contains audio from native speakers for English Japanese and Chinese with content made according to learning principles.

How it works:
The audio is synced with the text so as to create an association, the visual elements such as colored and stylized text also make it easier to identify the meaning of text. There is also a lot of repetition of language which is ideal for language learners and quizzes to check for comprehension and understanding of the words. All Japanese and Chinese characters have phonetic characters beside them to aid learners in pronouncing them and at any point in time you can switch languages to hear and read the text in a language you are more familiar with.

Why I made it:
I made it to help teach my daughter to read and, as a teacher with a background in psychology, I have always felt that there was a very limited selection of parallel text books for beginners, especially for for Japanese and English and Chinese and English. I also felt that they would be more accessible, fun and effective in the format of a game. This is exactly the type of game that I would want my daughter or students playing to help them develop their reading skills for a new language.

★ At any point you can switch between English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese
★ Here is an example of the text in Japanese, you can see the Kanji is accompanied by furigana, so readers can learn the hiragana. Similarly, Chinese contains pinyin for Simplified Chinese and Zhuyin Fuhao for Traditional Chinese.
★ There is a quiz to check for comprehension of the keywords.
★ Additionally, there is a quiz to check for recognition of the sight words and key vocabulary.