The Light at the End of the Ocean [Friendship][Ontological Mystery][Point-and-Click][Commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

The Light at the End of the Ocean [Friendship][Ontological Mystery][Point-and-Click][Commercial]

#1 Post by parttimestorier »

itch banner.png
Available now on itch.io and steam!

A young woman wakes up in a lighthouse with a head injury and no memory of the shipwreck that brought her there—or anything else, for that matter. A stone-faced, stoic Lighthouse Keeper assures her that help will arrive soon, but seems unwilling or unable to help her figure out whom or where she is. Help the Lighthouse Keeper’s Guest uncover the mysteries of the island and its inhabitants in this point-and-click visual novel about unlikely friendship and loss of identity.

One playthrough of The Light at the End of the Ocean will take approximately an hour and fifteen minutes. Including all endings and bonus content, the full length is about two hours total.

Content Warnings

Credits

Official Walkthrough

Main Characters
guest profile with lighthouse.png
keeper profile with lighthouse.png
archivist profile with lighthouse.png
Screenshots
1.png
2.png
3.png
I'm so excited to finally release my first commercial project! If you enjoy it, let me know here or on the itch.io page. Thanks for reading!
Last edited by parttimestorier on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

anh0814
Tumblr: https://anh0814.tumblr.com/

Re: The Light at the End of the Ocean [Friendship][Ontological Mystery][Point-and-Click][Commercial]

#2 Post by anh0814 »

I love your art style and the plot! I've had your game on my computer for a while actually hi hi. ❤️ Come to think of it, I'll definitively play it soon!

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes

Re: The Light at the End of the Ocean [Friendship][Ontological Mystery][Point-and-Click][Commercial]

#3 Post by parttimestorier »

anh0814 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:55 am I love your art style and the plot! I've had your game on my computer for a while actually hi hi. ❤️ Come to think of it, I'll definitively play it soon!
Thanks, I hope you enjoy it! The art style isn't mine, the character art is by Dahlia Wilder and the backgrounds were split between a few people - I've got the full credits listed here if you want to check them out. :)
ImageImageImage

parttimestorier
Veteran

#4 Post by parttimestorier »

Update: The Light at the End of the Ocean is now also available on steam as well as itch.io, so I've updated the main post to include the steam link as well. It has a 10% release discount on there right now if you want to check it out!
ImageImageImage

parttimestorier
Veteran

#5 Post by parttimestorier »

Quick update to say that I've spruced up the steam version of the game! It now has achievements! And the demo that was only available on itch.io before is now on the steam page as well, so if that's the platform you prefer, you can check out a little preview before buying it. It also has a 25% discount right now until November 2nd.
ImageImageImage