Vignette [NaNoRenO2021] [Watercress] [KN] [Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TheForeverLoneWolf
Regular
Completed: Lull, Palinurus, Seeds of Sylvia, Fare Thee Well, Our Home., Ah! My Girlfriend is a Demon Summoned from the Depths of Hell!, Cautionary Tale, Ah!! My Roommate is a Succubus Hellbent on World Conquest!!, this was for you., A Field of Flowers and Stars.
Projects: Avitus, Missing Stars
Organization: Watercress, Somnova Studios, Imagibeat Studio
itch: watercress

Vignette [NaNoRenO2021] [Watercress] [KN] [Free]

#1 Post by TheForeverLoneWolf »

Rory, on a particularly stormy night, stumbles upon a surprisingly charming abandoned home. After showing this discovery to their younger sibling, Desdemona, the two pass their time fixing up the place, and adding their own charm. Years pass, people change, friends come and go, but their secret base still quietly remains.

Developed and published by Watercress.

Vignette is available for free on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux on our itch.io store below.

https://watercress.itch.io/vignette

Special thanks to all of the developers who took part in this endeavor. All assets were developed in house, including the background. This marks yet another glimpse into the universe of our flagship game, Avitus (WIP)!

As always, thank you to friends, family, and fans who supported us through this development period!

-Nearly 7000 words

-Voiced dialogue

-100% in-house assets

-8 original musical tracks

-Evolving background

If you want to talk to all of the devs, the Watercress discord is your best bet! If you want to contact Watercress specifically, feel free to PM me, contact me on my twitter/our studio twitter. We are most active on the private channels of our Discord, but please feel free to pop by!

Thank you once again! We hope that you’ll enjoy what we’ve produced, and hope you have a good day!
Feel free to check out some of Watercress' previous or current works. Here's a link to our itch.io, Steam, and our Discord!

tinysamm
Completed: Confession Center, Black Cherries, Scary Gourmet
Projects: Glamour Team Go!
Tumblr: tiny-design
itch: tinysamm

Re: Vignette [NaNoRenO2021] [Watercress] [KN] [Free]

#2 Post by tinysamm »

Adored this game. It was a big standout for me among the NaNoRenO 2021 entries, and I'm glad I got to play it. The artwork was impressive in terms of how much you were able to do with just a single location. That, along with the effective voice direction and audio work brought the narrative to life. I hope you'll make even more games that capture this kind of energy ^^
-tinysamm

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

Re: Vignette [NaNoRenO2021] [Watercress] [KN] [Free]

#3 Post by Morhighan »

Congrats on the release. The background art looks really lovely. May I ask what you mean by "evolving background"? I'm guessing it has something to do with the singular setting? Can't wait to check it out when I have a chance.