Women of Xal [Mystery] [Political] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Steam]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ProjectTrinity
Regular
Completed: Women of Xal
Projects: From Our World To Yours
Tumblr: projecttrinity
Deviantart: ProjectTrinity
Soundcloud: TeamProjectTrinity
Discord: PlotTwistStudios #1794

Women of Xal [Mystery] [Political] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Steam]

#1 Post by ProjectTrinity »

Gentlemen and Ladies Good Evening!
Apologies for all that delaying!

STEAM RELEASE | ITCH.IO RELEASE | $20 USD

I do apologize to everyone who waited for this game to come out back during its earliest Kickstarter days. But, it's finally here, and almost every feature we promised half a decade ago made it. (Minus the story being completed in a single game and, you know, coming out at the end of 2019.) Here are the fun features and story details you all came for!

Story Synopsis:

This is Xjena. She will be your guide throughout your stay in Xal. She doesn't know it yet, but she, alongside you, will be thrown into a web of mysteries, politics, and, of course, romance for days. But, for now, like her, you're just entering this world for a power grab. Is it to help the downtrodden? Is it to be evil? Something more in-between? Will she even care remotely about the overarching plot? Not up to me or the game to decide! That's between you, and the countless amount of options on how you go about your day.

Features:
  • 10 Hour Campaign, and far longer if you like exploring every corner of a VN. We have one fan who has played it 100+ hours and still finding stuff?
  • 110+ Tracks for the soundtrack, over 600 sprites, 7 pages of CGs, and a dozen animated cutscenes with voice acting. Because who needs sanity?
  • Choices are not binary, and one good deed does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.
  • Who let me be in charge of how many choices you get in this game? Apparently there's over 600 menu choices?
  • Xjena has just as much a personality as you, so she interacts with the world not as a silent protagonist, but a woman with plenty agency.
    The world and its characters will not revolve around Xjena or her schedule. It's up to the player to be involved in their lives.
  • The game engine said there's over 200,000 words. But let's say there's 75k and assume 125k of that is from coding branching paths, probably.
  • Reading is good for you anyways.
  • The writer for this description page is also the head and main writer for the game's script. This is either a bane or a boon, depending on the reader.
  • In a stunt we'll probably, hopefully never do again, you can date/befriend 12 full “Romance/Friend” routes that are NOT blocked!
  • That means you can romance multiple people in one playthrough without worrying about being locked out from someone. Why?
  • Because romanceable characters interact with each other due to an incredibly intricate affection system that allows and encourage polyamorous options.
  • ^ End me.
  • More features in the links above! ^^
Soundtrack Sample (Soundcloud)

Gameplay Screenshots:

(Why yes, a whole lot of menu options are around that level of freedom. Not all of them, but certainly a showing of what happens if you leave me unattended too long.)

Next time, I deliver what's promised, not overpromised. This was a soul scratching journey, and now I have to go search for it. The amount of assets from the features list sounds more like an overpromising Kickstarter than a released product with the game having it all in there as advertised. Which, by the way, Kickstarter link. Don't worry, it's an old, inactive campaign that was funded fully. Clicking on it won't lead to any sales or act as any kind of advertising. It's strictly for the curious, or those who want a refresher.

Our next game will be a dating sim that takes place on a fictional mobile dating app. Prepare for that Kickstarter early next year! Just in the preliminaries of getting myself a team and getting some extra income via composing music for others.

Thanks for your interest!
PlotTwist Studios LLC
PS: Yes, we changed our name once we started a legit company, but I have yet to see if changing my name here is possible.