Mycorrhiza - A Love Letter to Horror Manga [Horror][Mystery][Animated CGs]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
FulminisIctus
Regular
Projects: Mycorrhiza, LoveSick Darlings, Human Reignition Project, Episicava, Caladria Chronicles, Ah My Girlfriend is a Demon Summoned from the Depths of Hell, Cautionary Tale, Visual Novel Audio Pack Vol 1 and Vol 2

Mycorrhiza - A Love Letter to Horror Manga [Horror][Mystery][Animated CGs]

#1 Post by FulminisIctus »

Mycorrhiza - Welcome to a world of distorted minds

Our horror manga inspired visual novel was just released and I would love to introduce you to it!

Project description

Mycorrhiza is a love letter to horror manga in the form of a visual novel. Some of our biggest inspirations include the works of Junji Ito and Masaaki Nakayama.

While Scott is trying to find a way back home, reality distorts and people’s morals start shifting in cruel and unexpected ways. A peculiar plant transforming animals, a horrifying comedy trend and a strange building trapping people. Each of the three arcs explores different terrors.

As you explore this terrifying world, you'll find out more and more about how and why Scott is trapped in it and what lead up to Scott being spirited away.

The game features a manga aesthetic with CGs and character art drawn by a manga artist, a focus on elaborate audio implementation, as well as an honest attempt to make the game accessible by providing visual audio cues and a dyslexic font option.

Join us on our adventure into despair.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the game!

You can get the game over here: https://fulminisictus.itch.io/mycorrhiza

Screenshots and Gifs

This game was made by:
Game Design, Writing, Audio, Video Compositing, Animation - Tim Reichert
Editing - Sam Capener, Tristan "Wolf" Barber, Shiranui
Proofreading - Tristan "Wolf" Barber
Programming, In-Engine Animations - AlfredPros
Title Screen Art - missyozart
Monster and Death CGs, Sprites, Menu Art, Opening Cinematic Animation - Black Wing Bin Lan (黑翼冰嵐)
Testing - bleep, Deepest Lore, Kevin Gems, Vsevolod Metelskyi, Bluerosee, Sarah Sotelo, Terrororose

Additional assets by:
Cooking Companions Assets (Cabbage and Potato Chompette) - Deer Dream Studios
Kinetic Text Tags - Daniel Westfal
Manga Page Templates - Droakir (Nathan Rackley)
Controller UI Elements - Mikkel Julian 'Arks' Petersen
Unsplash Art Assets - Liv Cashman, Jean-Philippe Delberghe, Susan Q Yin, Call Me Fred, Michael Chambers, Cole Parrant, Karla Alexander, Jonathan Borba, Bannon Morrissy, Francesca Tosolini, Nick Hillier, Nguyen Dang Hoang Nhu, Greg Panagiotoglou, Nathan Anderson, Leila Hdg, Echo Grid, Ben Kim, Jane Duursma, Miha Rekar, Tom Barret, Zachary Shakked, Laura Amelia, Lisa Therese, Jp Valery, Elyne Anthonissen, Gaurav Dhwaj Khadka, Ralph (Ravi) Kayden, Ralph (Ravi) Kayden, Arun Sharma, Gary Meulemans, Kael Bloom, Patrick Tomasso, Daniel Salcius, Martha Dominguez de Gouveia, Damon Lam, Point3D Commercial Imaging Ltd., Khachik Simonian, Francesco Ungaro, Robin Wersich, Peter Herrmann, Chris Bair, Bangkit Ristant, Sven Brandsma, Chris Benson, Prophsee Journals, Matt Artz, Crew, Johanne Kristensen, Priscilla Du Preez, Olga Thelavart, Jay Rembert, Igor bispo, Jannet Serhan, Sarah Mae, Stephen Crowley
I'm a composer and sound designer! You can find more info about my services - and if I'm free to take on a job at the moment - by viewing my commission doc (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i0Z ... sp=sharing)!