Loser's Romance [Comedy] [Romance] [High School]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
paulyboyx

Loser's Romance [Comedy] [Romance] [High School]

#1 Post by paulyboyx »

A no social skills dating sim.

In the year 2000, you're newly entering high school. You've never had a social life but are determined to get one. For someone of your inexperience, "a social life" means "a girlfriend."

Trouble is, everything out of your mouth is stupid, rude, or corny. It'd take a girl who's just as unpopular not to mind...

Will you date the girl in a torn dress who thinks she's a cartoon princess? The enormous-haired compulsive liar? The roly-poly girl with no impulse control? The only Black girl in school, who's always hiding behind a book? (Or the fifth, secret option?)

• Choose where to hang out to make the most of (or waste) the semester.
  • Shape the highly responsive narrative with your choices. Build your own high school life.
  • Romance any of five distinctly unpopular girls. Each will require figuring out a different strategy.
  • Relive the year 2000.
  • Play as male, female, or nonconforming.
  • Individual runs last an hour. Game is built for replayability, with tons of variant jokes.
  • Original soundtrack and hand-drawn art all by a single developer.
  • You can kiss the dog.

I developed this game by myself: writing, code, music, and art. I'm planning to continue supporting and expanding it in the future.

Coming to Steam October 27th. Wishlist it now at https://store.steampowered.com/app/2175 ... s_Romance/.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Loser's Romance [Comedy] [Romance] [High School]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

:ahem: "In the YEAR TWO THOUSAND..." :D

I know this story is almost finished. That said, hopefully it offers room for character development. I say this because I remember trying to fit in, and realizing that people aren't who I assumed they were.