RE: Alistair++

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
tooaya
Regular

Re: RE: Alistair (Otome dating sim/stats raising visual nove

#61 Post by tooaya »

....;___; I-I like Derek, that counts as one person favoring the poor guy? :cry:

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

#62 Post by Wintermoon »

lepapillonrouge wrote:
But well...he's not really too bad. Kind of a spoiled coward, but he ...well, at least it was just a spur of the moment kind of anger.
The reason I dislike Derek has nothing to do with the kill-stealing incident. If the game mechanics of the MMO allow kill stealing, then kill stealing is a valid move and Merui is just being a sore loser.

I actually have three reasons for disliking Derek:
1. He tries to get emotionally close to Merui while lying about being Alistair. That makes him a devious scumbag.
2. If you accuse him of being Alistair while not on his path, he tries to weasel his way out of his agreement with Merui. That makes him an oath breaker, which is worse than a devious scumbag.
3. He's a jock. Which is admittedly a shallow reason for disliking him.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#63 Post by sake-bento »

Hey, all. Just wanna give a huuuge thanks from all of us for the feedback and support. We're taking a lot of your comments into consideration as we try to polish up this game and release a more "final" edition. (So if you find any more typos, do share XD.)

We're also currently hosting a fanart contest and
Oda design contest.
It would be a great honor if members from LS contributed. There's more information in tooaya's journal here: http://tooaya.deviantart.com/journal/30685219/

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#64 Post by Aleema »

^___^ I loved playing this. I aww'd. Derek is more my type, but I was immediately drawn to Travis.
Very well-made game, and you deserve all the praise you're getting!!

I agree with adding a date overlay, or having the status menu pop-up every day -- but more importantly, I suggest adding buy buttons to the shops -- the menu choice after selecting an item was very counterintuitive when just browsing.

Forget my suggestions, it's a great game how it is! ;)

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#65 Post by Coren »

I sort of guessed that
Shiro is Fiona after my first playthrough where I got Travis' ending after accusing Derek. I was wondering, "Since I think all 3 guys must play this game one way or the other, and Derek is Alistair and Travis is Oda, that only leaves one person, right?" And then after that, I noticed Fiona's speech style ("Ara...", Japanese for something like "Erm"), and how 'she' is so obsessed about homework, then I sort of convinced myself. So the ending wasn't very surprising, though I liked it when other guys confront Derek when you're confronting him. Especially Travis. That epic MOD POWURS thing was amazing. XD
Last edited by Coren on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

otaku_lady89

#66 Post by otaku_lady89 »

XD Okay, so I haven't played it yet, it's still downloading... V.V I hate my router... but anyway, I hope it works with vista... XD

Red Lilies
Regular

#67 Post by Red Lilies »

Finally got a chance to play this - and it was worth the wait! I loved the art and the concept. Much of the dialog was really well written too. I felt I did figure out Travis' secret way to fast, as well as Derek's, but Shiro
turning out to be Fiona
completely caught me off guard, so much so that I had to read it twice. I didn't see it coming at all. And it made up for my fast guessing on the other two.
I liked the characters a lot, as they really each had their own little quirks that made them seem more really than other characters I have encountered. Travis was easily my favorite, and will I found myself liking Derek as a character, I found him too much of a dislikable person to enjoy his route very much. His motivations never really seemed justified at all especially when
he tries to weasel out of his end of the deal after you accuse him of being Alistar.
I wanted to smack him. >.>
Art was amazing, right up there with some of the professional stuff I've seen, so that made the game all the more enjoyable.
Overall I really, really, superduperly enjoyed the game. Great work, doubled by the fact this was done in two months. Awesome job guys! :D
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops" - Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#68 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Wintermoon wrote:
lepapillonrouge wrote:
But well...he's not really too bad. Kind of a spoiled coward, but he ...well, at least it was just a spur of the moment kind of anger.
The reason I dislike Derek has nothing to do with the kill-stealing incident. If the game mechanics of the MMO allow kill stealing, then kill stealing is a valid move and Merui is just being a sore loser.

I actually have three reasons for disliking Derek:
1. He tries to get emotionally close to Merui while lying about being Alistair. That makes him a devious scumbag.
2. If you accuse him of being Alistair while not on his path, he tries to weasel his way out of his agreement with Merui. That makes him an oath breaker, which is worse than a devious scumbag.
3. He's a jock. Which is admittedly a shallow reason for disliking him.
1. ...xD; Well, actually I'll agree with you on that one.
2. I don't know about you, but when I did that during Travis's path, it just made Travis more awesome. I know, that isn't helping my case much, but the game was awesome...r.
3. Okay, fine, fine, I see your point. (doesn't like them much either)
I guess it's just a matter of taste...or tolerance.

To Kirroha:
EPIC MOD POWERS for the win!
To everyone else who has played the game:
What would you think Oda would look like? I keep seeing a chibi version of the Samurai Warriors version of Oda Nobunaga. With glasses.
deviantART
---------------------

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#69 Post by sake-bento »

lepapillonrouge wrote:To everyone else who has played the game:
What would you think Oda would look like? I keep seeing a chibi version of the Samurai Warriors version of Oda Nobunaga. With glasses.
If you do have an idea, you should enter the contest. XD No copying other designs, though. >.>

NeumanProductions
Regular
Completed: Penpals
Projects: Raven Falls; Zero no Tsukaima: A Familiar's Dilemma (Lost in Production))
Organization: Justice Brothers

#70 Post by NeumanProductions »

Yes, I to really enjoyed the game. Plan on getting all the endings after the end of the month.
"Sometimes...when there's no one around...I only step on the darker ones..." ~Hanako (Katawa Shoujo by 4Leaf Studios)
You know, I sometimes still do that. :)
This Act 1 portion is what hooked me on VNs, so I like to promote them.
Anything I write I post here Deviant Art

IonicMomo
Regular
Completed: Mail Order Bride
Projects: Untitled GxB game

#71 Post by IonicMomo »

This was a really cute and beautiful game! I had a hard time at first getting a good ending, but after a few play-throughs, I understood the pattern and was able to get all the good endings with relative ease. It was also pretty painless to play through multiple times (I liked that it was short and sweet) and I wasn't bothered by having to take time to find all the endings and complete the art gallery. The writing was good and the plot flowed well. I even found myself playing the game over again (or from a saved point towards the end) just to read the endings again. :D

My favorite character was Shiro, probably because I like smart/shy/school-focused guys, and he was the most like my real-life boyfriend :D. When I was on Derek's path, I had a hard time
making myself watch so much TV instead of studying, and go to the mall instead of working on the project, probably because I am a nerd at heart. I figured out that Derek was Alistair, and Travis was Oda pretty early on and before I got their endings, but was surprised that Shiro was Fiona, even though it should have been obvious in retrospect, given that they both care so much about schoolwork.
Anyway, it was a very enjoyable game. The art was excellent and very cute, and the mall was a really cool idea. I liked that the RPG elements were there, but not too complex. I'm not too much of an RPG fan, but I liked the way you incorporated it here, along with the usual VN elements. It created an interesting parallel between Merui's RPG world, and her real life (which, to us, the players, is also an RPG). Not to get too philosophical, but it's kind of a meta-RPG in that case, isn't it? Although it would be nice if I could find a way to become more popular by watching TV in real life. :D
Current Project: Untitled GxB Game, Untitled NaNoRenO 2011
Completed Projects: Mail Order Bride

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#72 Post by carosene »

I couldn't get good endings without the walkthrough, but it was a lot of fun! :D I did like Derek ok (my sister loved him, and let it be noted, she is not an otaku) though I probably liked Shiho the best. X3 Though I thought all the guys were really more likeable than in any otome game I've played. o.o (Though I suppose I haven't played too many...) It was awful when they were hating on each other, 'cause it was like, "Wait, I love you, but I love him too, dammit, can't we work out some polyamorous type situation?" XD
In any case, everything was great, the art was great, the writing was great, the concept was great, the gameplay was great, I really loved everything. :D Keep it up!
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#73 Post by Enerccio »

I enjoyed this game. The characters were fresh, and despite of being otome game, it was fun.
I would like to join Blue Lemma in the front of "We wan't merui fanservice" too.

Oh and minor nitpick, GM as far as I know stands for Game Master, not Global Moderator...
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

LadyPiper

#74 Post by LadyPiper »

I cant seem to get Dereks ending, even with the walkthrough. I buy the dress, make the right choices and have the scores i need to. What am i doing wrong?

mangakaluna
Regular
Projects: Adrift (Artist)

#75 Post by mangakaluna »

I had a TON of fun playing this!!! :D This was fantasticccc, I stayed up late just to unlock all the CGs XD