Digital: A Love Story

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
elmedir

Re: Digital: A Love Story

#16 Post by elmedir »

My thoughts on this game are... how to put this...

Something along the lines of :shock: :o :) :D :mrgreen: :wink: with a little bit of :cry: for the ending.
The Acid Queen made me smile.
But I'm a bit confused about the so-called "blinded" animation. Didn't actually see anything. I just
read the 'You're blinded go away' message but then I simply re-entered the Library and downloaded everything so I could read without getting kicked out all the time. I didn't notice anything different about the interface. Is blindness supposed to lock the Notepad? Learned all codes and numbers by heart so I almost never used it.

Asphodel
Regular

#17 Post by Asphodel »

elmedir wrote:But I'm a bit confused about the so-called "blinded" animation. Didn't actually see anything. I just
read the 'You're blinded go away' message but then I simply re-entered the Library and downloaded everything so I could read without getting kicked out all the time. I didn't notice anything different about the interface. Is blindness supposed to lock the Notepad? Learned all codes and numbers by heart so I almost never used it.
Probably you
installed the patch that fixes the vulnerability before she tried to blind you. (It's the OS upgrade to 1.4.1, I believe.)
As long as we're nitpicking...
After *Emilia asks you to go save her brother from ARPANET, if you just keep clicking "reply" you can get her to respond to the news that the gateway is trashed before you actually log on to find that out.

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#18 Post by frederic09 »

hello.

the game is great. but i don't know why, i was especting an end like this :p
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

elmedir

#19 Post by elmedir »

Asphodel wrote:Probably you
installed the patch that fixes the vulnerability before she tried to blind you. (It's the OS upgrade to 1.4.1, I believe.)
I installed it the moment it became available. So that's what it was, thank you.

Blue Sky
Regular
Projects: The Perfect World, Mahou Shoujo Daisuki!

#20 Post by Blue Sky »

How do I get on to the Underground Library? I tried typing in the password given by NauseaHare, and using the dict.hacker, but neither worked. :[

Scout
Veteran
Projects: A Princess of Venus

#21 Post by Scout »

Blue Sky wrote:
How do I get on to the Underground Library? I tried typing in the password given by NauseaHare, and using the dict.hacker, but neither worked. :[
A post on Sector 001 should help.

Blue Sky
Regular
Projects: The Perfect World, Mahou Shoujo Daisuki!

#22 Post by Blue Sky »

Scout wrote:
Blue Sky wrote:
A post on Sector 001 should help.
Thanks! I was stuck for quite a while on that. ^^;

risingdreams
Regular

#23 Post by risingdreams »

...How do I find Paris, exactly?
icon from x_dirge_icons@LJ

Asphodel
Regular

#24 Post by Asphodel »

risingdreams wrote:
(Shhh.)
There are other leads where the name Paris came from. Follow them, talk to people, and Paris will eventually come up.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#25 Post by Blue Lemma »

That was a great experience! You always make games with such interesting concepts and atmospheres, Scout :D
But waaaaaaaaaaah *sniffle* ;_;
It might be cool if there were another system upgrade to have a shortcut program for dialing... especially with all the long distance calls and c0dez @_@
Just one ending, I assume? Also... why can't my dude just recompile Emilia again? :- x
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

risingdreams
Regular

#26 Post by risingdreams »

Asphodel wrote:
risingdreams wrote:
(Shhh.)
There are other leads where the name Paris came from. Follow them, talk to people, and Paris will eventually come up.
Done! Sorry about spoiling.

Asphodel
Regular

#27 Post by Asphodel »

Blue Lemma wrote:It might be cool if there were another system upgrade to have a shortcut program for dialing... especially with all the long distance calls and c0dez @_@
OTOH, that's kind of part of the retro experience.

I would like, however, to be able to open the notepad during the dialing process, so that if I remember the local Sprint number but not the c0dez or long-distance numbers, I don't have to start over / remember to open the notepad before I start.

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#28 Post by ludeshka »

When I downloaded this, I didn't really know if there was more than one possible ending.
If turned out to be the best non-branching thing I've played on this forums.
I have lots of problems playing kinetic novels, because the writing is NEVER as good as a actual book, (Ok, as a GOOD book. I did read actual books that are worse than some kinetic novels I've seen) and when I play,
I'm only okay with lowering my standards for the literary aspects if I'm allowed some kind of input. (I don't know if other players feel this way, I speak for myself alone)

But this? It didn't feel linear. I was frantically doing things all over the place and it felt urgent!

I mean this. I must have spent more than an hour with this, frantically typing NUMBERS, and that was somehow fun and made me feel involved in the story.

You did a great job. Kudos to you.

The message board feel was great, petty forum posters with petty feuds and trekkies. :D

Have you played .Hack G.U? It's an rpg for the ps2. It's set in an MMORPG (it makes sense in context, believe me) and there's a "message board" filled with
users that comment the player character's exploits, and just basically any random topic
that suits their fancy, they post fanart, they ban trolls, etc.
I LOVED the message boards, and wished there were more ways for my character to influence things over there.

I don't mention this implying this game looks like that game (It doesn't, at all), but just because you might like to see how other minds tackled a similar idea. :)

risingdreams
Regular

#29 Post by risingdreams »

ludeshka wrote:When I downloaded this, I didn't really know if there was more than one possible ending.
If turned out to be the best non-branching thing I've played on this forums.
I have lots of problems playing kinetic novels, because the writing is NEVER as good as a actual book, (Ok, as a GOOD book. I did read actual books that are worse than some kinetic novels I've seen) and when I play,
I'm only okay with lowering my standards for the literary aspects if I'm allowed some kind of input. (I don't know if other players feel this way, I speak for myself alone)

But this? It didn't feel linear. I was frantically doing things all over the place and it felt urgent!

I mean this. I must have spent more than an hour with this, frantically typing NUMBERS, and that was somehow fun and made me feel involved in the story.

You did a great job. Kudos to you.

The message board feel was great, petty forum posters with petty feuds and trekkies. :D

Have you played .Hack G.U? It's an rpg for the ps2. It's set in an MMORPG (it makes sense in context, believe me) and there's a "message board" filled with
users that comment the player character's exploits, and just basically any random topic
that suits their fancy, they post fanart, they ban trolls, etc.
I LOVED the message boards, and wished there were more ways for my character to influence things over there.

I don't mention this implying this game looks like that game (It doesn't, at all), but just because you might like to see how other minds tackled a similar idea. :)

Y'know what I really wanted to do, but before playing and RE:Alistair thought it wasn't possible? A game in that style. A game made set in a MMORPG with message boards, or a game set in message boards.

Silverbolt

#30 Post by Silverbolt »

I'm loving this so far, one of the most original ideas I've seen in a while. The problem is I feel like I've reached a dead end.
I've talked to Blue Sky on the underground, but that's as far as I can go. I've tried talking to everyone on the other boards but I get no response or new messages. I don't have a clue on how to find Paris neither.
Did I miss something?