Digital: A Love Story

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

Re: Digital: A Love Story

#31 Post by frederic09 »

Silverbolt wrote:I'm loving this so far, one of the most original ideas I've seen in a while. The problem is I feel like I've reached a dead end.

Did I miss something?
download
and read locally all the posts from the underground and reply
then
sent a message to *Delphi and *Blue Sky, reply to their answer, and when *Delphi ask you to find Paris and will not answer anymore, go to the Gibson BBS. You will see new posts, and watch the Victoria one.
If you see nothing,
try using all your codez, and get new ones from the Matrix, and go after, to the Sector 001. After seeing new topics, go to the GibsonBBS again you should see new messages.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Silverbolt

#32 Post by Silverbolt »

That was it, thanks much!
Emilia... T_T

Cironian
Regular
Projects: Dragon Story

#33 Post by Cironian »

Now that was both very different and very fun. Thanks a lot!

One bug that I noticed:
After recompiling Emilia, I just kept replying to her messages, and she suddenly went "Oh noes, what happened to Paris?" even though I didn't actually connect to the ARPA node in between.

It kind of ruined the surprise of the Reaper outbreak. Maybe you should check the trigger conditions for that one.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#34 Post by Samu-kun »

That was definitely a very original game.

I applaud your programming skills, as I have no idea where I would even begin to make something like this on renpy.

shanou20

#35 Post by shanou20 »

Hi there!!
Someone can help me? I playing to this game and i really, REALLY like it but i've a little problem. I can go to the Underground library, I try the password, I try to hack U.L but it doesn't work.
Help me please :mrgreen:
Hey you!!! Do you want my picture??

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#36 Post by frederic09 »

shanou20 wrote:Hi there!!
Someone can help me? I playing to this game and i really, REALLY like it but i've a little problem. I can go to the Underground library, I try the password, I try to hack U.L but it doesn't work.
Help me please :mrgreen:
a message
in Sector 001 will explain how to get the new password ;)
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

abscess

#37 Post by abscess »

Hello, I'm new here. Since I'm not good with introductions I'll get to the point: I downloaded this game because it was mentioned in a twitter site I check somewhat frequently. I'm a sucker for retro things, so this one struck the right chords on me, but.... I got stuck. Like many of you, I can't find
Paris
for the life of me. Before someone says "check the other posts in this thread," I already have... and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong:
I go to "GibsonBBS," read and reply to Victoria's message (along with Nero, Wintermoot and Paul Wang's), so I have ARPANET's number. Then I go to "Sector 001" to check for any new messages and there are none, send a message to everybody and leave. If I go back to the "Underground Library" the same thing goes on, nothing new. Finally I go to ARPANET but it's no use because I have no password to log into with (and yes, I tried entering stuff like Paris, Mother, *Emilia, etc.... not to mention I also tried with the "dictionary hacker" it's needed to get into GibsonBBS but to no avail).
The red banner has a number to "set up" a "faculty account or report an error" [(805) 524-4741] so I decided to try to connect to it but it says "Unable to connect, blah blah."
And now I'm beggining to think I'm getting real crappy c0dez from The Matrix because they either don't work from the get go or last 2 or 3 dials (maybe it was like that in the beginning but I only realized until now).
I really, really like this game. But it isn't fun bashing my head into stuff like this. Any way to fix this will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Scout
Veteran
Projects: A Princess of Venus

#38 Post by Scout »

abscess wrote:Before someone says "check the other posts in this thread," I already have... and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong:
Maybe you closed it prematurely? The dictionary hacker should get you into ARPANET.

abscess

#39 Post by abscess »

Scout wrote:
Maybe you closed it prematurely? The dictionary hacker should get you into ARPANET.
Nope, it still refuses to work. What exactly happens is:
I go into "ARPANET," open the "dict hacker" then click "Log In" and it flashes "Please enter your password" query real fast and then disappears. It doesn't matter if I wait a few seconds, a minute or click Log In immidiately after executing the dict hacker.
I'm starting to think that my copy somehow got borked during the download or this game just plain hates my computer...

Scout
Veteran
Projects: A Princess of Venus

#40 Post by Scout »

I might be misreading, but it sounds like you're closing it prematurely. You need to leave the dictionary hacker running until it tells you it's found the password-- it'll log you in automatically.

RayRayTea
Regular
Projects: The Stolen Diamond Ring (a mystery VN)

#41 Post by RayRayTea »

A very nice review just appeared on TIG Source, seems it was well received there too :)
nekomura games
Princess Battles, a card-based stat raising sim

abscess

#42 Post by abscess »

Well, it turns out I'm marvelously stoopid! I just had to
wait for the hacker to do its trick...
Thanks, Scout, and sorry for wasting your time. I'll finish the game tomorrow. I'm rooting for a sad end, I love those.

killing_thyme

#43 Post by killing_thyme »

Hi Everyone, especially Scout

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for the game, it's wonderful.
I felt quite emotionally touched by it, and it was a good story excellently told. I'll certainly be reading more of your fiction if it's this well written. I enjoyed sending messages without knowing the content, too.

Secondly, I was a bit stuck right at the end as I didn't realise I could just
log on to the ARPANET using the same number as before.
Created an account here with the intention of asking, but tried one last time and it worked. Yay!

Thanks very much again for a lovely game.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#44 Post by Samu-kun »

Congratulations Scout. Digital just became the very first visual novel that I have ever seen a stranger play. I was walking through the student lounge in my university when I noticed someone playing Digital and talked with him for a bit.

moofsy

#45 Post by moofsy »

I found this game through reddit, and I must say that I found it to be a splendid diversion.

One possible bug I noticed:
When you first access the underground library, you can pm *Delphi, who will "permit your presence out of necessity." When you go back to read *Delphi's public messages though, you are kicked off the system, etc.