Wow, I completely didn't expect that, lol. Thanks.Scout wrote:You don't need to hack anything. Just get more codes from The Matrix.
And it's a good thing that my day job has prepared me for memorising and typing in long strings of numbers! I tend to agree that while it added to the immersion the first few times, by the end of the game I was thinking "surely even in 1988 people were able to automate their modem diallers..."
Third, I understand why you tried to get around "just fork Emelia, then send the fork off with the weapon code," but the core dump would still exist after Emelia's sacrifice and could be conceivably recompiled. The tragedy does lose a lot of its impact when a save file or floppy disk could have avoided it. I guess what I'm saying is that it was kind of jarring to my suspension of disbelief.
Ramidel wrote:Third, I understand why you tried to get around "just fork Emelia, then send the fork off with the weapon code," but the core dump would still exist after Emelia's sacrifice and could be conceivably recompiled. The tragedy does lose a lot of its impact when a save file or floppy disk could have avoided it. I guess what I'm saying is that it was kind of jarring to my suspension of disbelief.
(That said, I agree that it's a bit of a hole that could have been better patched over.)
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:55 am
- Projects: Unnamed Stalker vs Mystery Game! :D
- Location: Midwest USA
- King of Lolies
- Posts: 4538
- Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:57 pm
- Completed: R.S.P
- Location: Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 4029
- Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:41 pm
- Completed: Too many! See my homepage
- Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
- Tumblr: winterwolvesgames
I was joking with her that when Love&Order is finished I'll have to write in the credits/PR "From the award-winning creator of Digital: A Love Story"
http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2010/12/ ... ment-24903
- Mindscrew Driver
- Posts: 1691
- Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:24 am
- Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
- Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
- Organization: Soyasushi Productions
- Tumblr: CorenBaili
- Deviantart: CorenB
- Skype: coren.baili
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:58 pm
- Completed: Haircuts, 99 Luftballons
- Location: New York, NY
Seriously, the story was great, so very touching. The old-school graphics fit the theme, and dialing numbers, though tedious, was very effective in the end at conveying a feeling of desperation.
It's shocking how open the game feels with all the boards and stuff. It almost fools you into thinking it's got multiple paths, when really you have to find the exact thing to do at a certain board.
Even though it was so linear, I really loved the game.
Good work, keep it up! ~
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:00 pm
- Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
- Organization: Happy Backwards
- Location: Osaka