The Creation: A Bite For Mankind *updated version

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
wille
Projects: The Creation

The Creation: A Bite For Mankind *updated version

#1 Post by wille »

This is the first visual novel I've done! :D

A one-woman-production.

The elements I used here are of public domain or royalty free. :)

Please comment and tell me how to improve this craft. :)

Thanks!
----
Btw, I have attached a new updated version of this visual novel. :) I think it's better...
Attachments
The Creation - A Bite for Mankind-all.zip
this is an updated version :)
(23.19 MiB) Downloaded 231 times
The Creation - A Bite for Mankind-all.zip
(23.12 MiB) Downloaded 118 times
Last edited by wille on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asphodel
Regular

Re: The Creation: A Bite For Mankind

#2 Post by Asphodel »

Hmm.

I feel like the ending
didn't really address the key choice at all. You get a "and they were punished" or not, but I don't really feel that, well, anything happened.

What I would do is to show a picture of a less-lush area (outside the Garden), and use persistent data (link) to make the Fall irrevocable (link) -- you can't get back into the Garden even by starting a new game. If you try, it just takes you straight to the "you were punished, here's a picture of a desert" screen.

Also, Man should only be present on the desert screen if you successfully persuaded him to try the fruit.
I think this would make the game much cooler.

wille

#3 Post by wille »

Asphodel wrote:Hmm.

I feel like the ending
didn't really address the key choice at all. You get a "and they were punished" or not, but I don't really feel that, well, anything happened.

What I would do is to show a picture of a less-lush area (outside the Garden), and use persistent data (link) to make the Fall irrevocable (link) -- you can't get back into the Garden even by starting a new game. If you try, it just takes you straight to the "you were punished, here's a picture of a desert" screen.

Also, Man should only be present on the desert screen if you successfully persuaded him to try the fruit.
I think this would make the game much cooler.

I see.. Thanks for the response! :) Yes, I know about the ending with Man in the picture, but I think he's supposed to be there for some future reasons (if i can come up with something) or I just really have to remove him there (if i can't)...

----

Hmm.. The laptop I used to do this just died last Saturday. Is there anything I can do to recover the codes? Please help me. :) Thanks!

Jake
Support Hero

#4 Post by Jake »

wille wrote: Hmm.. The laptop I used to do this just died last Saturday. Is there anything I can do to recover the codes? Please help me. :) Thanks!
Depending on how it died, and how it's made, you might find success with removing the hard disk from the laptop, and purchasing a laptop-HDD-to-USB enclosure - a device you put your laptop HDD in to make it accessible from another computer via USB.

Obviously a better approach is generally to back up your important data regularly!
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#5 Post by Samu-kun »

If you did not obfuscate your game data when you compiled the .exe, then you can probably download your game and it'll have your code. Just open the .rpy file.

wille

#6 Post by wille »

Jake wrote:
wille wrote: Hmm.. The laptop I used to do this just died last Saturday. Is there anything I can do to recover the codes? Please help me. :) Thanks!
Depending on how it died, and how it's made, you might find success with removing the hard disk from the laptop, and purchasing a laptop-HDD-to-USB enclosure - a device you put your laptop HDD in to make it accessible from another computer via USB.

Obviously a better approach is generally to back up your important data regularly!

Thanks! I've actually done that but my pc had a problem detecting it. Fortunately, it worked tonight! :) Yay!

wille

#7 Post by wille »

Samu-kun wrote:If you did not obfuscate your game data when you compiled the .exe, then you can probably download your game and it'll have your code. Just open the .rpy file.
I see.. :) Thanks!