[Nanoreno 2010] Fuyu no Tabi

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ren

Re: [Nanoreno 2010] Fuyu no Tabi

#16 Post by Ren »

Spoiler tags, please... I didn't even play it yet...
Last edited by Ren on Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Softdrink9876
Projects: (Getting started on somthing. when i get somthing done, will put it here.)

#17 Post by Softdrink9876 »

crud....srry, forgot spoiler tag....ugh...

Ren

#18 Post by Ren »

As I already told you, i managed to finish it yesterday:
Knowing that Ryou is the victim
obviously ruined the effect, for me, as your story seems to rely a lot on that particular element, therefore I can't comment at all on that. I guess
that also guided me pretty fast to the "No one did it here" option, as I could find no discrepancies in any of the alibis, and my instant thought was, well - if the protagonist is dead, the only one with no alibi is Souchirou.
That aside, one thing I'd comment on is that it is noticeable that the script has been written by more than one person. For future releases, I'd recommend working more on the editing phase, to make the transition smoother, and get rid of some errors which detract a bit from the overall quality of the prose.

I liked the art: I think it could have been improved by paying more attention to the anatomy of the characters, and - in some cases - to the colouring. It seems to me that sometimes 'anime' artists tend to place shadows, highlights and lines for the creases in the clothes a bit arbitrarily; thinking more of how it generally looks, instead of how it *should* look considering the light source, the pose of the character and what not.
On the other hand, I understand there must have been some serious time constraints, all these things can be fixed with more time, and a chance to give a second look to one's own drawings.

It is also important to say that Yvan's style is charming enough that I can overlook all these details. :P

The cell shade colouring and some features (big - although not too much so - eyes, spiky hair, delicate and pointy features) are typical elements of anime-styled drawings, but his designs always have a flair to them that distinguishes them from the usual, trite, boring "cute, with big eyes and always smiling inanely" characters a lot of people end up drawing all the time.

I'm guilty of that myself, so it's nice to have someone else to look up to, and to help me get motivated in searching on how to better characterise and give life to the characters.

On the graphic aspect of the game:
I really liked that the text window's colour and CTC indicator changed after the murder,
it was a really nice touch.

My favourite element, though, has to be the music. I enjoyed every single track, and loved the atmospheric progression of the main track (I forget the name, offhand, sorry), from a rather calm mood to a very apprehensive one. The music really helped me in getting in the right frame of mind, even if I knew what was going to happen. I can only imagine what sort of impact it'd have achieved, if I didn't! That's the one element I'd (clearly, undoubtedly and with no intent to be kind, or to make things better than they are) give 10/10 grade to.

I quite enjoyed this game, and I'm glad you managed to finish it like this. I rarely find EVNs that do anything at all for me, lately, so I'm glad I can count on some people to keep on producing pieces which are not only above average on a technical point of view, but are essentially made by people who clearly enjoyed the creative process, and therefore transmit even a small part of that enjoyment to their audience.

Which, in this case, includes me.

Thank you.

Ren

#19 Post by Ren »

LALILULELO

I have no idea as to how to delete my post, sorry.
Last edited by Ren on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#20 Post by sayuri »

Just finished. I took two pages of notes and drew a graph. I still failed though and got the right ending on my fifth try.
At first I though Asuka was the murderer and Kenichi and Kasumi were accomplices. I saw Asuka as a mild mannered wife that didn't want to see her daughter married off for money. Since Souichiru was the one pushing for the marriage she wanted to end his greed through killing him. I thought the fact that they booked the entire lodge was a hint. First Kenichi killed Souichiru and moved the body to Asuka's room. Then he barred the doors except for the front. Around six is when Kenichi disposed of the body, re-entered through the front door that was never barred, and his wife began screaming at 6:30. Finally, the reason nobody knew that the body had changed rooms was because Chiyo and Asuka were only talking through the door, Chiyo would never had seen blood. And, of course, Asuka being from a rich family she has money not related to her husband she could spend on a hotman and woman.

Qookies
Regular

#21 Post by Qookies »

This game is awesome! Any chance this game may get voiced at all? Guessed correct on the first try.
I wasn't surprised that Souichiru was the culprit at all. Somebody was murdered. But there was no victim's body. That means somebody must have hid the body. But the body wasnt it hotel neither near hotel. So the body must have been outside the hotel. But in a perfect place to hide. And that was a cliff.And only Keichi and Kasumi would know around. So they would be only suspects. but When we first arrived to the lodge Souichiro did go for a walk.Kasumi and Keichi didn't know Souichiro from before. And if they would kill him they couldn't get money at all. So Souichiro was the culprit.
I loved it.

Softdrink9876
Projects: (Getting started on somthing. when i get somthing done, will put it here.)

#22 Post by Softdrink9876 »

I also guessed the right answer on my first try :P
was a little sad though b/c there was no happy ending....but i got over it and loved the surprising ending