[GxB] Mail Order Bride

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Mail Order Bride

#16 Post by azureXtwilight »

I replayed it and managed to get ending 1, since I always got ending 2. It was so beautiful! How do I get ending 3?

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

#17 Post by Alex »

Try to look through the game code...)) :roll:

IonicMomo
Regular
Completed: Mail Order Bride
Projects: Untitled GxB game

#18 Post by IonicMomo »

Nanally wrote:This game was sweet, I liked the historical aspect and how you explain the situation. I mean, I learnt something x')
I'm glad you liked the historical aspect of the game! I have a freakish love for period romance...so I just pray that the "period" part of it doesn't turn people off too much. (Next time, I might just try hyperlinking some of the history/definitions, so people that aren't at all interested don't have to read about it.)
azureXtwilight wrote:I replayed it and managed to get ending 1, since I always got ending 2. It was so beautiful! How do I get ending 3?
Thanks! I'm glad you liked the first ending. :D

To answer your question (if you haven't already looked at the code):
Well, the third ending is nothing special, but if you're interested in getting it, two conditions must be met:
1. To avoid ending 1, you have to choose at least 2/4 of the following menu options when they come up: "Tell him that I have nowhere to go," "Stay indoors," "You know, I only recently lost my spouse too," "A book about Indian cooking." It can be any two, or you can choose three or all four of these options.
2. To avoid ending 2, you have to chose "I hadn't really thought about it much, to be honest," in the fourth menu.
I hope that's kind of clear.
Current Project: Untitled GxB Game, Untitled NaNoRenO 2011
Completed Projects: Mail Order Bride

machinist
Regular

#19 Post by machinist »

i liked it ^_^ mak emore

CandyStar
Regular
Projects: Unnamed Stalker vs Mystery Game! :D

#20 Post by CandyStar »

Awww! This was cute. I like that it was a different theme than "high schoolers in Japan!!!" haha. And it made me go snuggle my fiance at two points because it was so adorable XP I needed cuddles.
Although, at the end, I hated how the full-screen dialogue would stop halfway, then pick up in the middle. I would always start reading at the top, and it was jarring, especially for such an emotional scene. It would have been better to just start it over at the top every time.
Also I found 2 tpyos.... lesse if I can find them... T_T I can't find them. Waaah. I swear they were there. Blerg.

-Jesse
I'm working on my first visual novel! Boy stalks girl. Girl offers to date boy if boy solves puzzle. Game commences! Click here to encourage meee -> Hooray! Attention!

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

#21 Post by DragoonHP »

The gameplay was very sweet and gripping. I get the ending like this 3 > 2 > 1.

And the historical background added a sort of charm, unexplainable in words but which the games themed in the modern setting lacks.

Hoping to see another VN from you, soon.

Yunome
Regular

#22 Post by Yunome »

This was a really sweet and fun game! I'm glad you decided to make it, since it's obvious that you have talent :D I truly enjoyed playing it, even if it took me a couple tries to get the 'best' ending! :))

Oh! I also laughed when i read the part about the hardships for the travel and saw 'dysentery' among them :)) Oregon trail, everyone always catches dysentery!

Anyway, overall it's a great game and i really enjoyed it :D Keep it up!

Arkon
Regular

Re: [GxB] Mail Order Bride

#23 Post by Arkon »

Just finished playing this game, it was sweet and nice, with bit western-like touch. I posted full lenght review at my blog.

IonicMomo
Regular
Completed: Mail Order Bride
Projects: Untitled GxB game

#24 Post by IonicMomo »

Thanks for the comments everyone (including those I haven't responded to in over a year :P)! I'm glad you enjoyed the game. It's funny, I look back at this with embarrassment because it was very much a freshman effort and something of a rushed job, not to mention it betrays the fact that I'm a total romantic. But I appreciate the encouragement, and I look forward to making more when I have the time.

@ Arkon - Awesome, thanks for review! (And to Google translator for allowing me to read it, more or less!) I've never had anyone review any of my work before, so it's quite an honor for me that you put time into sharing your thoughts about the game. (Am I actually building some Internet cred? Nah...)
Current Project: Untitled GxB Game, Untitled NaNoRenO 2011
Completed Projects: Mail Order Bride

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#25 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

This game is this week's Group Play! http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 53&t=16806

yundun63
Completed: None so far
Projects: None so far

#26 Post by yundun63 »

I love this so much! Thank you for making it :)

Dangertyde
Regular
Projects: Anatidae

#27 Post by Dangertyde »

Despite its brevity (or perhaps because of it, even), I really enjoyed this game. The story is very bittersweet, and I was enthralled to see a historical setting. It brought back a wave of nostalgia when I was still learning about the Oregon Trail... And yes, even playing that game as well. We never really covered the topic of mail order brides in school, though. Figures that they would gloss over such a fascinating aspect. Well, learn something new everyday, eh?
Anyways, great job on this. Thanks for the entertainment!
Just gonna strategically place this over here...
Quack!
/CRASH
/hobbles away

yundun63
Completed: None so far
Projects: None so far

#28 Post by yundun63 »

This reminds me of the movie/book 'Love Comes Softly' :P