Card Sweethearts (commercial, poker + VN)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Card Sweethearts (commercial, poker + VN)

#16 Post by jack_norton »

I am NOT using my users as testers. I labeled it as beta, and I give a big discount. It's pretty common nowadays, even big AAA titles when go out have still bugs.
Still, did you have any bug? can you explain why you call it "buggy"? Because you've read those people's post, or you found a bug too? In this case, would be very helpful if you could provide us more info thanks :)

And to explain better, isn't like I didn't test it at all. I actually had over 50 people test it (and more are doing it right now), and of those NOBODY had that crashing bug. So I thought the game was fine, but still I clearly wrote in the FIRST LINE:
"I'm very happy to announce that the poker/VN game Card Sweethearts is finally ready for preorders. The game is beta"
and honestly, is stable since statistically from what I know, only 1% of users has that crashing bug.
Of course we want to fix it but without any kind of traceback/log is quite hard, if not impossible :)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#17 Post by Aashtarsrain »

:oops: Sorry ! Just tried it again back from work and it 's working all right now ! Time to learn the rules :lol:

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#18 Post by jack_norton »

But is a different Pc ? Or the same one? BTW thanks to sake-bento I updated the demo with a short tutorial explaining rules (before you play with Tobias) so you might want to try that one :)
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#19 Post by jack_norton »

I found the problem! Is related to memory. I tried (as extreme case) to run it on my netbook with photoshop, notepad, mediaplayer, etc running at same time and it crashed when the poker game started. It wasn't "able" to produce a traceback.txt so no wonder you couldn't send any. Really strange bugs, but now pytom has some clue about what/where to search (is something related to running low on memory).
No wonder it was so hard to find - I usually don't play games with 10 other apps running at same time in background or have computers with low RAM installed :lol:
computer games

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#20 Post by Aashtarsrain »

Yes it's the same pc, I have no clue why it's working now, but it's working and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay awesome, as usual ! Especially the balance between gameplay and story, very interesting and great-looking characters, reminds me of some Hugh Jackman movie with computers and the old tramp-sensei the one in Shenmue. I'm not into poker stuff at all actually, but I think this game can please every gamer nonetheless.

EDIT : Ok, couldn't resist, bought this new game of yours. Another one bites the mouse ! :)
Last edited by Aashtarsrain on Wed May 26, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#21 Post by jack_norton »

I think before you had many stuff (programs or windows services) running in background. Still it's a bug and will be fixed, but is related to having not much memory left on Pc. Glad you liked the game :)
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#22 Post by jack_norton »

Hahahaha actually just today I found the bug by pure chance. I made an attempt to run the game "As Administrator" on my Windows 7 netbook and... worked! So everyone who had troubles can run it in that mode and the game will run without problems.
Of course I've already told pytom who will work on a fix, but meanwhile you can play it that way :)
computer games

Harabec

#23 Post by Harabec »

I found a bug near the end of the game...
This is after I've come back from LA and got fired by Victor. Whenever I go back to his office, it acts like I'm still on Carla's case and it has Dino, Julia and Victor playing poker and it goes through that dialogue again.

As a side question, any hints on how to end the game with Carla? I don't see how there are any other ways to raise your relationship with her at this point since winning games at the end doesn't do anything and I think I picked all the dialogue options to raise it with her during her case... Not sure what I'm missing.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#24 Post by jack_norton »

You're right, I'm working right now to get the Carla's ending and reupload a fixed version. Will post here once it's fully uploaded!
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#25 Post by jack_norton »

I've fixed also a bug happening if you tried to enter a name with the 'h' character in it.
I've reuploaded the corrected game to BMT, but everyone who bought it can also redownload from my own server:
http://www.winterwolves.net/customer/index.php
computer games

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#26 Post by playswithtribbles »

This game looks great! I love poker.

I'll have to give this a try.
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."

Harabec

#27 Post by Harabec »

jack_norton wrote:I've fixed also a bug happening if you tried to enter a name with the 'h' character in it.
I've reuploaded the corrected game to BMT, but everyone who bought it can also redownload from my own server:
http://www.winterwolves.net/customer/index.php
Downloaded it and tested it. When I beat Carla in poker, her relationship does go up now but the window appears for a brief amount of time to the point where you can't even see where the bar increases to. Further, whenever I head to Victor's place, it still acts as if I'm in the middle of Carla's case with Julia, victor and Dino playing poker and you ask Dino bout Maya. I also still have no clue on how to get an ending with Carla. Maxed out her relationship from what I can tell but all I can do is play poker at her hotel and she's never at the stadium.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#28 Post by jack_norton »

You get Carla's ending
only at the end after you are back from LA tournament, and you visit Miko in the coffee but your relationship with her isn't high enough to accept to be his partner. Did you reach that point and you still don't get her ending ?
computer games

Harabec

#29 Post by Harabec »

Gah. That's the problem then. Since my relationship with Miko is high enough, I can't get Carla. Somewhat annoying I'll have to redo all of that again and make sure it's too low but alright. Thanks for the tip, heh.

teankun
Regular

#30 Post by teankun »

I'll take it that ithis has no sex scenes but does its still have nudity?
Looking for single, adult, Asian, female Latter-Day Saint

Anime convention videos at Youtube channel