The Life of a Pacifist

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

Re: The Life of a Pacifist

#16 Post by Watercolorheart »

I guess the thing I liked best was the evolving sprites, you really got the feeling that e̶̴̩̣̺̖̟̟̬̖̩ͨ̉ͨ͒̃́ͨ͢vͣͦ̔̎̇̂ͩ̎͐͌҉̰͍̪̩̳̼̮͙̤͔͞ȩ̠̠̻̽ͪ̊̊͝r̷̰̦͓͎͈̖̪͕̮̻̗̪̗͍̜͆͛̎͆͆̂ͮ̉̆́̑̉̆̏̚͠ͅy͋̈̒͑̿ͦͦ̋ͫͦ̾̅̚͏҉͈̝̤͖̻̮̻̹̱t̥̻͎̫̺͙̩̠͆̂̆ͬͦ̾̄̚͜͞h͆ͩ̉ͥͨ҉̧̙̟͉̙̩͓̦̪̞͈̭̣̰͞ī̶̵̯̩͉͔͙͓̇̽ͫͪ͒̿̚͘n̮̺̱̗̳̻̟ͦ͆͛̊̀͜ͅg̶ͭ̉̐̉̐͌̄̀̎̇ͥ̄͊̀ͧ̓̿́҉̷͔̱̖̹͇̻͚͠ ̾͗̀̓̂ͪ͌͌̒̈́͏̝͓͍͍̲̙͖̪̱̬̦͟͟ͅw̼͕̘̯̙͚͎͎̖̖̺̺̦̞̺̔̍̈́͐̈̐ͬͮ͗͜͠ͅa͍̩̟͍̗͎̓ͬ̒ͫͬͧ͂̊ͩ͆ͬ̽ͬ͢͞͝s̛͇͚͉̠̩̣̩̬̯̭͍̮̲͎͇͓̳̫̟̿̔͗̔̏̕ ̶̨̨͖̱͕͈̰̩̲͚͕͉̺͙͔͖̮̈ͭ̋͛̽́̑̉ͪ̔̊̾ͬͧ̈g̼̠̳̟̮̱̫͚͇̼͊ͩͫ̒͊̈̉̾ͩ͐̽ͭͯ͑̃̂̃́̔͜͡͠o̼̻̪͔̦̥̬̟̫̪͈̩̗̯̘ͪ̎ͨͩ̀ͣ͊͂̋̊̌͒̑͘ĩ̡̧̻͇̤̱̠͚͇͎̲͙͓̭͕̗͍͌̈̀̽ͪ̆ͩ̂̾͗̿͛̀͂̚͝n͛̇̂̃̂͏͔͔̲̹̥͙̬͜gͩ͒̒̽̽̊̌ͥ͒͂̂̋ͫ̾̿͌̚̚͏͎̦̳̺̪͟͜ ̵̯̹̭͙̼̣̯̬̟̠̜͍͔̝͔̣̰̄͗̄̍̔̔̃̌ͤ̉̈͑ͨͬ̚͟͢t̊ͯ͛͗̋͏̷͓͇̱̮͕̞͕̮͈̜̙̝̦͇͚̝͖͎o̵͙͔̫̪̲̰̼̰̼̰͎ͨ͗̒̆̆̋̉ͭ͗ͩ̑̽̅͟ͅ ̨͎͚͇̻̦̤͙͔̳̝̦̭̪̀̅͒̌̉̈̀̓ͨ̉̕͝ẖ̸̨̯͈͖̫̌̉̋̌ͤ̾ͮ̏̆͐̅̎̐̌͗̄͌̚͘e̵̻̪̲̪̼̪͙͎͍͕̭̺̹͔̾̆̒̑ͤ̅̎ͬͨ͝ͅͅl̶̢̲͕̥̙̻̙̖̋͊ͮ̂͑ͪ̓͟͝lͮ̔̒͋̿̃ͨ̏̓̐̉̍̃̒͑̾҉͏̶̣̱̬̺̩͉͖̟̠̰̙͎͡ͅ ͕̦̥͓̰̼̠̠̝̣̰͖̜͇̮̄̓̃͂̑̂͗̋̀́̀͜ǐ̜̯͕̘̯̤̮̙̞ͧͭ̿̌̎̽̌͂̒̀͝n̷̝̗̲̘̣̥̗̺͙͈̙͖͙͋̂ͧͩ͒ͧ̎ͮ̀͛͑́ ̛̬̪̳̘̩̦̥̠̝̱͓͈̤̤̲̤ͩ̔̑ͩ̿̾̍͛̑ͥ́ą̛̜̤̟̠͍̼̤̟͕̩͉̠̬̤ͥ̍ͫ̈̀͟͡ ̶͉͎̝̻̦̰̗̻̐̿ͬͯͮͩ͂̿͒ͬͣͮ̈ͭ̈͛ͥ͟ͅḣ̵̸̳̼̻̪͖̝͍͕̳̻̮̦̜̫͌ͣ͗ͮͮͧ̍͋̓ͬͥͥͦ̀͞͠ͅa̵̪͎͕̯͚͚̮̭̙̤͇͈̮̻̹̮͑͊ͥ̌ͥͪͭ̌ͤ̑͌̚͡n̶̢͕̫̘̠̙̺̠͚̲̼̫̭̜̻͕̮̍̈͌ͥ͆͂̆ͯͤ͗ͩ̒͂ͦ̒̚d̴̢̤̦̹̦̜ͣ̑̈́̾̇̂̍ͤ͊̀͢͝b̴͚̭̱̭̺̦̜̻̮͇͋̎ͥ͌̆͊̄̓̔ͤ̋̾ͪ͊̚͜͡a̸̴̮͇̻̰̤̦͔̞ͩ̑͒̊̃̑̓̓̓̈͊̒ͧͣ͆̌̿ͅͅs̨̭̩͇̗̋̌ͣ͑ͯͧͣ́ͣ͗̑̓̒́̚̚͡ḳ̢̜͕͎̱͈͓̺͎͓̳̝͎̃̐̎ͥ̓̌͑͊̐̑̊̒͛̓ͫͨ̔̋ͫẹ̷̢̛͉̟̘̲̹̘͖̙͎̏͛͌̓͑̓̅ͪͫ̀ͩ̚t̵̗̘̘̭̘͓̠̱̞̘̣̙͇͓̲͍͖̫͆ͣͭ̓ͬͫ̿͌͂ͧ͗̇̌͛͗͠͝ ͆͌͛̽̽͒̒ͣ̀҉͔̗̙͍͇̠͉̼̪͕̟̖̣̠́i̴̲̘̹̳̻͉̺̖͈̠̐͆̅͐͑ͥ̿͗̓̏̔ͩ̌̚̕͝͞n̵̲̥̦̭ͬ̓̍̄͢͡ͅ ̧͓̺̩̜̮̻̣̘̳͓̹̣̩̭̦̫̐̓͛̉ͬ̇ͩ̀̋͊ͣ͆ͦͭ̚͢s̥͕̠̖̤̘͙̱ͬͥ̐͒̎̽ͣ̕̕h̬̝̖̩̗̞̦̰͔͕̬͈̦͍̲͇̱͓̯͐͗͛ͣ̀̔̌̿ͦͥ͑̋ͯͣ̒̐͊̀̕͜o̴̴͍̖͚̼͓̲̳̱̰̩͙̝̜͉͇ͮͣ̆ͧ͝r̡͔͕̲̼͔̤̦̯ͣ̓̃̇ͣ͐̃̑̎̍̅̚͘͘tͨ̏͗̆ͪ̅ͫͬ̑͏̵̨̯̯̳͚̲͖̀ ̷̧̗̙̘͚͔̼̃̅ͬ͐ͤ̇̽̎̊̇̌͠t̹͚̗̤̳̎͗̀͂̌̽̀͗̂̈ͦ̈̏̏ͯͮͩ̚̚͘͡͡͡i̢̍͌͆ͣ͂̊͊̃̋ͨ̕͡҉̣̤̭͙̟͎͓̩̣̪͚̰͍̠̤̤̣̬̜m̛͚̯̠̬̰̝͚̻̭͍̞̙̮̖̞̞̘̭̩͛ͮͯ̓̒̎̔ͤ͛͂ͥ̓̒̔̄̋́́̚͜ȩ̵̤̱̜̬͈̮̥͎̘̭̙̘̟̘̥ͮ̏ͩͤͣ̉̑ͭͪ͌̉͞.͌̒ͣ̃̅ͦͧ͌͏̯͇̹̗̳̮̲͚̭͕̠̦̲͡ͅ
I'm not even the same person anymore

Suikama
Regular
Completed: Down on the Corner
Projects: Stories of an Eastern Paradise

#17 Post by Suikama »

BCS wrote:I guess the thing I liked best was the evolving sprites, you really got the feeling that e̶̴̩̣̺̖̟̟̬̖̩ͨ̉ͨ͒̃́ͨ͢vͣͦ̔̎̇̂ͩ̎͐͌҉̰͍̪̩̳̼̮͙̤͔͞ȩ̠̠̻̽ͪ̊̊͝r̷̰̦͓͎͈̖̪͕̮̻̗̪̗͍̜͆͛̎͆͆̂ͮ̉̆́̑̉̆̏̚͠ͅy͋̈̒͑̿ͦͦ̋ͫͦ̾̅̚͏҉͈̝̤͖̻̮̻̹̱t̥̻͎̫̺͙̩̠͆̂̆ͬͦ̾̄̚͜͞h͆ͩ̉ͥͨ҉̧̙̟͉̙̩͓̦̪̞͈̭̣̰͞ī̶̵̯̩͉͔͙͓̇̽ͫͪ͒̿̚͘n̮̺̱̗̳̻̟ͦ͆͛̊̀͜ͅg̶ͭ̉̐̉̐͌̄̀̎̇ͥ̄͊̀ͧ̓̿́҉̷͔̱̖̹͇̻͚͠ ̾͗̀̓̂ͪ͌͌̒̈́͏̝͓͍͍̲̙͖̪̱̬̦͟͟ͅw̼͕̘̯̙͚͎͎̖̖̺̺̦̞̺̔̍̈́͐̈̐ͬͮ͗͜͠ͅa͍̩̟͍̗͎̓ͬ̒ͫͬͧ͂̊ͩ͆ͬ̽ͬ͢͞͝s̛͇͚͉̠̩̣̩̬̯̭͍̮̲͎͇͓̳̫̟̿̔͗̔̏̕ ̶̨̨͖̱͕͈̰̩̲͚͕͉̺͙͔͖̮̈ͭ̋͛̽́̑̉ͪ̔̊̾ͬͧ̈g̼̠̳̟̮̱̫͚͇̼͊ͩͫ̒͊̈̉̾ͩ͐̽ͭͯ͑̃̂̃́̔͜͡͠o̼̻̪͔̦̥̬̟̫̪͈̩̗̯̘ͪ̎ͨͩ̀ͣ͊͂̋̊̌͒̑͘ĩ̡̧̻͇̤̱̠͚͇͎̲͙͓̭͕̗͍͌̈̀̽ͪ̆ͩ̂̾͗̿͛̀͂̚͝n͛̇̂̃̂͏͔͔̲̹̥͙̬͜gͩ͒̒̽̽̊̌ͥ͒͂̂̋ͫ̾̿͌̚̚͏͎̦̳̺̪͟͜ ̵̯̹̭͙̼̣̯̬̟̠̜͍͔̝͔̣̰̄͗̄̍̔̔̃̌ͤ̉̈͑ͨͬ̚͟͢t̊ͯ͛͗̋͏̷͓͇̱̮͕̞͕̮͈̜̙̝̦͇͚̝͖͎o̵͙͔̫̪̲̰̼̰̼̰͎ͨ͗̒̆̆̋̉ͭ͗ͩ̑̽̅͟ͅ ̨͎͚͇̻̦̤͙͔̳̝̦̭̪̀̅͒̌̉̈̀̓ͨ̉̕͝ẖ̸̨̯͈͖̫̌̉̋̌ͤ̾ͮ̏̆͐̅̎̐̌͗̄͌̚͘e̵̻̪̲̪̼̪͙͎͍͕̭̺̹͔̾̆̒̑ͤ̅̎ͬͨ͝ͅͅl̶̢̲͕̥̙̻̙̖̋͊ͮ̂͑ͪ̓͟͝lͮ̔̒͋̿̃ͨ̏̓̐̉̍̃̒͑̾҉͏̶̣̱̬̺̩͉͖̟̠̰̙͎͡ͅ ͕̦̥͓̰̼̠̠̝̣̰͖̜͇̮̄̓̃͂̑̂͗̋̀́̀͜ǐ̜̯͕̘̯̤̮̙̞ͧͭ̿̌̎̽̌͂̒̀͝n̷̝̗̲̘̣̥̗̺͙͈̙͖͙͋̂ͧͩ͒ͧ̎ͮ̀͛͑́ ̛̬̪̳̘̩̦̥̠̝̱͓͈̤̤̲̤ͩ̔̑ͩ̿̾̍͛̑ͥ́ą̛̜̤̟̠͍̼̤̟͕̩͉̠̬̤ͥ̍ͫ̈̀͟͡ ̶͉͎̝̻̦̰̗̻̐̿ͬͯͮͩ͂̿͒ͬͣͮ̈ͭ̈͛ͥ͟ͅḣ̵̸̳̼̻̪͖̝͍͕̳̻̮̦̜̫͌ͣ͗ͮͮͧ̍͋̓ͬͥͥͦ̀͞͠ͅa̵̪͎͕̯͚͚̮̭̙̤͇͈̮̻̹̮͑͊ͥ̌ͥͪͭ̌ͤ̑͌̚͡n̶̢͕̫̘̠̙̺̠͚̲̼̫̭̜̻͕̮̍̈͌ͥ͆͂̆ͯͤ͗ͩ̒͂ͦ̒̚d̴̢̤̦̹̦̜ͣ̑̈́̾̇̂̍ͤ͊̀͢͝b̴͚̭̱̭̺̦̜̻̮͇͋̎ͥ͌̆͊̄̓̔ͤ̋̾ͪ͊̚͜͡a̸̴̮͇̻̰̤̦͔̞ͩ̑͒̊̃̑̓̓̓̈͊̒ͧͣ͆̌̿ͅͅs̨̭̩͇̗̋̌ͣ͑ͯͧͣ́ͣ͗̑̓̒́̚̚͡ḳ̢̜͕͎̱͈͓̺͎͓̳̝͎̃̐̎ͥ̓̌͑͊̐̑̊̒͛̓ͫͨ̔̋ͫẹ̷̢̛͉̟̘̲̹̘͖̙͎̏͛͌̓͑̓̅ͪͫ̀ͩ̚t̵̗̘̘̭̘͓̠̱̞̘̣̙͇͓̲͍͖̫͆ͣͭ̓ͬͫ̿͌͂ͧ͗̇̌͛͗͠͝ ͆͌͛̽̽͒̒ͣ̀҉͔̗̙͍͇̠͉̼̪͕̟̖̣̠́i̴̲̘̹̳̻͉̺̖͈̠̐͆̅͐͑ͥ̿͗̓̏̔ͩ̌̚̕͝͞n̵̲̥̦̭ͬ̓̍̄͢͡ͅ ̧͓̺̩̜̮̻̣̘̳͓̹̣̩̭̦̫̐̓͛̉ͬ̇ͩ̀̋͊ͣ͆ͦͭ̚͢s̥͕̠̖̤̘͙̱ͬͥ̐͒̎̽ͣ̕̕h̬̝̖̩̗̞̦̰͔͕̬͈̦͍̲͇̱͓̯͐͗͛ͣ̀̔̌̿ͦͥ͑̋ͯͣ̒̐͊̀̕͜o̴̴͍̖͚̼͓̲̳̱̰̩͙̝̜͉͇ͮͣ̆ͧ͝r̡͔͕̲̼͔̤̦̯ͣ̓̃̇ͣ͐̃̑̎̍̅̚͘͘tͨ̏͗̆ͪ̅ͫͬ̑͏̵̨̯̯̳͚̲͖̀ ̷̧̗̙̘͚͔̼̃̅ͬ͐ͤ̇̽̎̊̇̌͠t̹͚̗̤̳̎͗̀͂̌̽̀͗̂̈ͦ̈̏̏ͯͮͩ̚̚͘͡͡͡i̢̍͌͆ͣ͂̊͊̃̋ͨ̕͡҉̣̤̭͙̟͎͓̩̣̪͚̰͍̠̤̤̣̬̜m̛͚̯̠̬̰̝͚̻̭͍̞̙̮̖̞̞̘̭̩͛ͮͯ̓̒̎̔ͤ͛͂ͥ̓̒̔̄̋́́̚͜ȩ̵̤̱̜̬͈̮̥͎̘̭̙̘̟̘̥ͮ̏ͩͤͣ̉̑ͭͪ͌̉͞.͌̒ͣ̃̅ͦͧ͌͏̯͇̹̗̳̮̲͚̭͕̠̦̲͡ͅ
oh great now look at what you d̛̜̤̟̠͍̼̤̟͕̩͉̠̬̤ͥ̍ͫ̈̀͟͡ ̶͉͎̝̻̦̰̗̻̐̿ͬͯͮͩ͂̿͒ͬͣͮ̈ͭ̈͛ͥ͟ͅḣ̵̸̳̼̻̪͖̝͍͕̳̻̮̦̜̫͌ͣ͗ͮͮͧ̍͋̓ͬͥͥͦ̀͞͠ͅab̴͚̭̱̭̺̦̜̻̮͇͋̎ͥ͌̆͊̄̓̔ͤ̋̾ͪ͊̚͜͡a̸̴̮͇̻̰̤̦͔̞ͩ̑͒̊̃̑̓̓̓̈͊̒ͧͣ͆̌̿ͅͅs̨̭̩͇̗̋̌ͣ͑ͯͧͣ́ͣ͗̑̓̒́̚̚͡ḳ̢̜͕͎̱͈͓̺͎͓̳̝͎̃̐̎ͥ̓̌͑͊̐̑̊̒͛̓ͫͨ̔̋ͫẹ̷̢̛͉̟̘̲̹̘͖̙͎̏͛͌̓͑̓̅ͪͫ̀ͩ̚t̵̗̘̘̭̘͓̠̱̞̘̣̙͇͓̲͍͖̫͆ͣͭ̓ͬͫ̿͌͂ͧ͗̇̌͛͗͠͝ ͆͌͛̽̽͒̒ͣ̀҉͔̗̙͍͇̠͉̼̪͕̟̖̣̠́i̴̲̘̹̳̻͉̺̖͈̠̐͆̅͐͑ͥ̿͗̓̏̔ͩ̌̚̕͝͞n̵̲̥̦̭ͬ̓̍̄͢͡ͅ ̧͓̺̩̜̮̻̣̘̳͓̹̣̩̭̦̫̐̓͛̉ͬ̇ͩ̀̋͊ͣ͆ͦͭ̚͢s̥͕̠̖̤̘͙̱ͬͥ̐͒̎̽ͣ̕̕h̨̭̩͇̗̋̌ͣ͑ͯͧͣ́ͣ͗̑̓̒́̚̚͡ḳ̢̜͕͎̱͈͓̺͎͓̳̝͎̃̐̎ͥ̓̌͑͊̐̑̊̒͛̓ͫͨ̔̋ͫẹ̷̢̛͉̟̘̲̹̘͖̙͎̏͛͌̓͑̓̅ͪͫ̀ͩ̚t̵̗̘̘̭̘͓̠̱̞̘̣̙͇͓̲͍͖̫͆ͣͭ̓ͬͫ̿͌͂ͧ͗̇̌͛͗͠͝ ͆͌͛̽̽͒̒ͣ̀҉͔̗̙͍͇̠͉̼̪͕̟̖̣̠́i̴̲̘̹̳̻͉̺̖͈̠̬̝̖̩̗̞̦̰͔͕̬͈̦͍̲͇̱͓̯̐͆̅͐͑ͥ̿͗̓̏̔ͩ̌͐͗͛ͣ̀̔̌̿ͦͥ͑̋ͯͣ̒̐͊̀̚̕̕͜͝͞o̴̴͍̖͚̼͓̲̳̱̰̩͙̝̜͉͇ͮͣ̆ͧ͝r̵̡͔͕̲̼͔̤̦̯̪͎͕̯͚͚̮̭̙̤͇͈̮̻̹̮ͣ̓̃̇ͣ͐̃̑̎̍̅͑͊ͥ̌ͥͪͭ̌ͤ̑͌̚͘͘̚͡n̶̢͕̫̘̠̙̺̠͚̲̼̫̭̜̻͕̮̍̈͌ͥ͆͂̆ͯͤ͗ͩ̒͂ͦ̒̚d̴̢̤̦̹̦̜ͣ̑̈́̾̇̂̍ͤ͊̀͢͝b̴͚̭̱̭̺̦̜̻̮͇͋̎ͥ͌̆͊̄̓̔ͤ̋̾ͪ͊̚͜͡a̸̴̮͇̻̰̤̦͔̞ͩ̑͒̊̃̑̓̓̓̈͊̒ͧͣ͆̌̿ͅͅsn̵̲̥̦̭ͬ̓̍̄͢͡ͅ ̧͓̺̩̜̮̻̣̘̳͓̹̣̩̭̦̫̐̓͛̉ͬ̇ͩ̀̋͊ͣ͆ͦͭ̚͢s̥͕̠̖̤̘͙̱ͬͥ̐͒̎̽ͣ̕̕h̬̝̖̩̗̞̦̰͔͕̬͈̦͍̲͇̱͓̯͐͗͛ͣ̀̔̌̿ͦͥ͑̋ͯͣ̒̐͊̀̕͜o̴̴͍̖͚̼͓̲̳̱̰̩͙̝̜͉͇ͮͣ̆ͧ͝r̡͔͕̲̼͔̤̦̯ͣ̓̃̇ͣ͐̃̑̎̍̅̚͘͘tͨ̏͗̆ͪ̅ͫͬ̑͏̵̨̯̯̳͚̲͖̀

boboverlord

#18 Post by boboverlord »

I found this game very interesting again, espectially when each character turns more and more terrible. lol

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#19 Post by LVUER »

What's happened? In my browser, almost all BCS and Suikama's post turned into strange symbols...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

J. Datie
Veteran

#20 Post by J. Datie »

LVUER wrote:What's happened? In my browser, almost all BCS and Suikama's post turned into strange symbols...
Some sort of zany text Zalgo-er, I'd imagine.

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

#21 Post by CaesMRaenes »

Interesting game. I am not going to sleep well because of the
distortion of the characters.
Yeah, those characters you see, LVUER. Google Zalgo and click the first link. >_< It's actually kinda creepy.
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

Esphirisa
Regular

#22 Post by Esphirisa »

Uhh>< I have no idea why but my heart's beating really fast after reading the posts and playing the game...

Mistik
Regular

#23 Post by Mistik »

Was there 2 endings? just trying to make sure I did not miss anything.

The first thing that brought me to the game was pacifism is the title, which promised a different style game. which it was, not a drop of romance. The other notable thing was the pixel art. "<3" is the best way to express my thoughts on that.

Abeiramar
Regular

#24 Post by Abeiramar »

This game is really original and creative. I loved the pixel art!
I got the feeling that the story is backwards in time though: makes more sense if he meets his friends first, goes to the meeting, guy explains how to program stuff as we wants and then he decides to quit because everything is so violent and bloody.
Also,
I think the sprit distortion is because the cat disagrees so much with everything that is strong inner hate is creating illusions and making the others looks ugly...
I'm definitely going to play other games this artist has made :D .

Nykinora

#25 Post by Nykinora »

I really liked this game along with Air Pressure. I like the pixellated retro sprites, and appreciate that the game (like Air Pressure) is doing something different with Ren'Py. As to my interpretation of the game?
For a start, while the game does play around with the idea perception I didn't think it was saying anything nearly so glib as "life is how you see it", or glasses being half empty/full - I think that the game is much smarter than that. The situation the character is placed in is pretty horrible irrespective of how he reacts to it.

Face it - he's working with a bunch of people who think that waterboarding is 'cool' video-game idea. *gag* And I don't think that WE are supposed to see it as anything less than repugnant, regardless of how the character reacts. Even if the character submits, I don't think that OUR perception (as players) of his workplace and work is supposed to automatically shift in line with the characters... I think the title was pretty self-explanatory actually - that the irony is that being a resistant pacifist - means that you're kind of at war. It puts you at odds with other people and actually involves more conflict and difficulty than going along to get along. The other thing that I got out of it was how easy it is for people find it to adjust to things that they are uneasy with or may initially condemn. It's easy to be complacent. To take the pacifist route, you have to fight and resist.

I liked the fact that the resistant ending didn't change the workplace or his work mates, and that he wasn't heaped with any obvious "reward", aside from getting the hell out of there.