Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:58 pm
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#16 Post by sake-bento » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:32 pm

azureXtwilight wrote:Played the demo and I say it's great! So how many episodes do you plan, actually?
I'm glad you liked it. ^.^ Current plan is five installments.

I also got a fantastically positive review on Mania.com, which makes me very happy. Stop by and give it a look, should you so desire.
http://www.mania.com/jisei-visual-novel ... 23122.html

User avatar
Jake
Support Hero
Posts: 3826
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#17 Post by Jake » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Server error: user 'Jake' not found

User avatar
tooaya
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:47 am
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#18 Post by tooaya » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:23 pm

Played the demo today, and it looks amazing~ *__* <3 (lol I'm almost tempted to buy the game, if I did it'll be the first VN I purchase >3> )

Anyway, the art's great, and I'm sooooo jealous of Deji's awesome background skills. *drools at the details* The characters got very distinctive personalities, which is very nice. (lawl, Kizaki reminds me of Shiro owo *bricked* ) I think I can learn a lot from playing this game too, from the organization to positions to style...

One thing though, and maybe it's because the game screen's too big to fit on my widescreen laptop: I can't seem to find an auto option, is there one in the game? o_-

User avatar
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:58 pm
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#19 Post by sake-bento » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Jake wrote:Coincidence?
Yes, but I might pretend it isn't. >.> I did give Mikolaj a distinctly Polish name on purpose, though. While he's not SUPER Polish Pride or anything, his background does shape his personality.

tooaya wrote:(lawl, Kizaki reminds me of Shiro owo *bricked* )
Nyahaha...shy guys are fun. >.>

tooaya wrote: One thing though, and maybe it's because the game screen's too big to fit on my widescreen laptop: I can't seem to find an auto option, is there one in the game? o_-
It's an option on the menu screen. By adjusting the auto speed, you turn it on and off.

Muse
Regular
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#20 Post by Muse » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Love the game. It was a fairly short, but still very good. I think I got best ending first time, somewhere over an hour but definitely under two. It wasn't very long, but it was good. The voice acting, writing, and art is excellent.
Well that's what I'm assuming, since you got to figure out who the voice was and you essentially get a job offer with these other special/psychic guys. I arrested the mean-suit-lady whose name escapes me at the moment. I haven't gotten the other two endings yet... I read there are 3 endings, but didn't see anything on this post; so how many are there?
I love the characters, but I've only gotten one ending. Sounds like an interesting plot, and the theme song is awesome!

In some ways it almost felt a bit short, but... If a game is too long, it overstays it's welcome, and this game definitely left me wanting more, which is where a game should leave off... So great job on that! Looking forward to more episodes! :D

User avatar
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:58 pm
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#21 Post by sake-bento » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:40 pm

Muse wrote:Love the game. It was a fairly short, but still very good. I think I got best ending first time, somewhere over an hour but definitely under two. It wasn't very long, but it was good. The voice acting, writing, and art is excellent.
Well that's what I'm assuming, since you got to figure out who the voice was and you essentially get a job offer with these other special/psychic guys. I arrested the mean-suit-lady whose name escapes me at the moment. I haven't gotten the other two endings yet... I read there are 3 endings, but didn't see anything on this post; so how many are there?
There are two distinct endings, and a third sort of variable one. You definitely got the good/best/true ending already. If you fail to guess the culprit correctly, you either get arrested or Detective Gurski takes you off the case. Pretty much a dud ending and not really worth looking at. You can also get arrested if you spend too much time examining the crime scene. There's also a premature ending that comes if you don't build up enough trust with Chance, then you tell her you don't like her idea of some unrelated person being the murderer. There's a little hint in there about her identity, the protagonist, and things to come if you're curious, but it won't make sense until later, and if you've seen the epilogue, then you already have a good idea about Chance's identity.

Muse
Regular
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#22 Post by Muse » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:52 pm

sake-bento wrote:
Muse wrote:Love the game. It was a fairly short, but still very good. I think I got best ending first time, somewhere over an hour but definitely under two. It wasn't very long, but it was good. The voice acting, writing, and art is excellent.
Well that's what I'm assuming, since you got to figure out who the voice was and you essentially get a job offer with these other special/psychic guys. I arrested the mean-suit-lady whose name escapes me at the moment. I haven't gotten the other two endings yet... I read there are 3 endings, but didn't see anything on this post; so how many are there?
There are two distinct endings, and a third sort of variable one. You definitely got the good/best/true ending already. If you fail to guess the culprit correctly, you either get arrested or Detective Gurski takes you off the case. Pretty much a dud ending and not really worth looking at. You can also get arrested if you spend too much time examining the crime scene. There's also a premature ending that comes if you don't build up enough trust with Chance, then you tell her you don't like her idea of some unrelated person being the murderer. There's a little hint in there about her identity, the protagonist, and things to come if you're curious, but it won't make sense until later, and if you've seen the epilogue, then you already have a good idea about Chance's identity.
Thank you very much! I'll look into those last little bits for now anyway, so I appreciate the additional information.

User avatar
Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 8:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#23 Post by Cain0425 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:39 pm

how come when i play the game the guy i play as does not have name? but nice game i did buy it to lol i love your art work

User avatar
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:58 pm
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#24 Post by sake-bento » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:41 pm

Cain0425 wrote:how come when i play the game the guy i play as does not have name? but nice game i did buy it to lol i love your art work
He's a secretive sort of dude. He doesn't like giving out his name. I originally wrote Jisei as a comic, and the entire first chapter went by without his name being mentioned. He does get a name in the second chapter, though.

User avatar
Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 8:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#25 Post by Cain0425 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:01 pm

it comic where can i read it and when the second chapter coming out

User avatar
Esphirisa
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:07 am
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#26 Post by Esphirisa » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:28 am

Tried the demo ^_^ I just love solving mysteries. Good job.

User avatar
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:58 pm
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#27 Post by sake-bento » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:56 pm

Cain0425 wrote:it comic where can i read it and when the second chapter coming out
I can't give a solid release date for the second chapter, but we have already started work on it. ^_- It will be at least a few months, as the next installment will be longer than this one.

As for the comic, I've taken it offline because there have been some changes that would cause the comic and the game to conflict. Also, it's very old and it's somewhat embarrassing to look back on my art from that time. >.>

User avatar
lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:43 am
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#28 Post by lepapillonrouge » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:46 pm

So, I finished the demo...-freaking out-
Edit:
...are you telling me that Kizaki is going out with the mysterious voice? XD
(was looking at their voice actor's websites. Wow, Kizaki's works for Funimation?


YOU GOT KIRBOPHER TO VOICE ACT FOR YOU?!
Oh God. How do you get these connections? Although it has nothing to do with the VN, but I love his animation for LittleKuriboh's Leather Pants.

I'll never see the detective the same again. Never. -shot-
Hopefully I can find the time to buy it. I don't have a credit card or anything, and I doubt my parents would let me use theirs to buy a game -_-;; I wish you guys were coming to Anime Expo.
deviantART
---------------------

User avatar
Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 8:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#29 Post by Cain0425 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:19 pm

okay thanks is there going to be like 3 or 4 games of this?

User avatar
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:58 pm
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual
Contact:

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#30 Post by sake-bento » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:14 pm

lepapillonrouge wrote:
...are you telling me that Kizaki is going out with the mysterious voice? XD
(was looking at their voice actor's websites. Wow, Kizaki's works for Funimation?


YOU GOT KIRBOPHER TO VOICE ACT FOR YOU?!
Oh God. How do you get these connections? Although it has nothing to do with the VN, but I love his animation for LittleKuriboh's Leather Pants.

I'll never see the detective the same again. Never. -shot-
Heh...
Chance's VA works for Bang Zoom, too. : D
I could just say that I'm really that good or my natural charisma attracts talent, but it's more like I'm just really lucky that I know pretty much everyone (especially in FUNimation). As for Kizaki and the mysterious voice, yes the voice actors are dating. If I say anything about the characters, I think that'll be a spoiler, though. XD
Cain0425 wrote:okay thanks is there going to be like 3 or 4 games of this?
Right now, the series is planned to wrap up in five games total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]