This is our very first try on a visual novel and yes, it's quite simple;
You play the part of Arisa, a high school girl two days before her prom. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a date yet. And in an emergency situation like this, what does she do? Why, calling her male friends, of course.
Tatsuya Keiji Yuuto
Tatsuya, your childhood friend. You have been friends ever since... Yeah, since. You don't really remember. And although your friendship has been sort of one sided ever since your second high school year... He's still you best friend, right?
Keiji, a grumpy first year student you stumble across at the beginning of your last year. He's become your 'lunch buddy', more or less voluntarily, as well as the only guest to your occasional pity parties.
Yuuto, the student council president. You don't really like him, but he seems to be interested in you.
To determine which one would be the best choice, she remembers several situations with each of the 3 guys. Each boy has a story during which you have to make 3 decisions which determine whether your date of choice is available or not.
This is not exactly a 'Dating Game' as there is no dating in it and all the guys are just your friends. Acutally, it is more about an anti social girl trying to at least get one of her friends (and she has only 3.5) to rescue her from an awkward situation.
The game was done with Renpy, the pictures are from bass. Trust us, it’s better than any of us trying to draw. Credit goes to the artists respectively.
Check it out! Arisa will invite you to a pity party otherwise!
Edit: Sorry about the download disappearance. I accidentally uploaded the wrong version and exchanged them yesterday, but went to bed while doing so, so yeah. Sorry about that.
Changes in version 1.2:
- solid textboxes with character pictures above them (aka the characters don't look that short anymore)
- improved menu
- each character's story is selectable in the beginning (although the preferred order remains tatsuya - keiji - yuuto, for continuity's sake)
still no music, I'm afraid. However, if anybody could give us a hint where to find good music for the game, we'll gladly release a version 1.3.
Also, the ending stayed the same. We can't do any fancy prom scenes for we don't have any pictures of them in suits or dresses and I don't think anybody would attend prom in their school uniform...
- Finding a Prom Date- 1.2-all.zip
- Updated version 1.2 - all systems
- (20.29 MiB) Downloaded 42545 times
- Finding a Prom Date- 1.0-win32.zip
- Windows version
- (7.82 MiB) Downloaded 238540 times
- Finding a Prom Date- 1.0-mac.zip
- Mac Version
- (11.03 MiB) Downloaded 2876 times
- Finding a Prom Date- 1.0-linux-x86.tar.bz2
- Linux version
- (7.24 MiB) Downloaded 955 times
Anyways, thanks for sharing!
- Megane Procrastinator
- Posts: 4081
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
- Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
- Projects: At Regime's End
- Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
- Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Story was a bit short ^_^ But I enjoyed the dialogues, however, I am a bi disappointed in the ending... It was too short, I was dying to see what happened in the prom.
Overall, a cute little game. Congrats in releasing your first otome!
- Posts: 342
- Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:55 pm
- Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing
- Location: California
Pretty art, look forward to seeing more from you.
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 2677
- Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 2:11 pm
- Organization: happyB
- Tumblr: happybackwards
However the characters images are too down, leaving a lot of space up...
Keep producing more wonderful VNs .
I went into a mad fury at the end though.
"This is it?!!" I yelled to no one in particular.
I wasn't dissapointed, but I was wishing for more. Are you planning on exanding the game?
But you did a really great job!!
You've found yourself a new stalker...
(jeez, I have so many stalkees, I'll have to make a list)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users