Angel Beats! A Third View Chapter 01 (V.2 Added)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Link2link8
Regular

Angel Beats! A Third View Chapter 01 (V.2 Added)

#1 Post by Link2link8 »

My first ever visual novel released, I made this with a small team, (one script writer, a few testers) overall I did the rest of the coding graphics and so on

Download on my site page: http://angelbeatsvisualproject.wordpress.com/downloads/

Chapter 01 V.2 Changes:

- Re-done on script nicer and more visual novel like (if that makes any sense) those who played the first version will know what I mean.- Fixed text going into the menu buttons error (I think, if you see the error please tell me asap)

- Added Ooyama into one scene, got a few lines but that’s about it, just wanted to test the graphic out.

- Arranged some SFX for the hell of it (and some issues as well)

- Changed one of the songs to fit the mood better.

- Increased speed of text since I can tell it was really slow.

Notes that need to be taken into account:

- Obviously this is fan made, the story is made so it doesn't effect the main one.

- You need to have watched Angel Beats! Anime to understand the basic concept of the story.

- And enjoy, first visual novel so don't expect too much this is more an introduction to the series where I will be continuing.

Summary from my site:

A third view is based around a character called Inochi Ushina who isn’t in the SSS, the character plays the role as someone who sees the Angel Beats! story from a third person perspective. Unlike everyone else he isn’t one to believe in God, and has ‘regretted something’ he would never forgive himself for in his past life. The story basically goes through the whole Angel Beats! main story line in the background etc, as he tries to live his life like normal in that world.

Story is less towards open paths and more into trying to discover what happens to the main characters around him during all of the events that took place in Angel Beats!, multiple choices leads to him either getting involved with the SSS or not bothering to do anything at all.

This project’s visual novels will be released in a series of chapters, every month or two one chapter is released and so on.

------------------------------------

Replys and thoughts are useful and so, a second version will be made later on based on how everyone thinks this game can be improved here: http://angelbeatsvisualproject.wordpres ... k-section/ tips and so on would e usful since this was made within 1 month and a half -_- next chapter will be much larger BTW.
Last edited by Link2link8 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mghrabiya

Re: Angel Beats! A Third View Chapter 01

#2 Post by Mghrabiya »

first comment i loved it month or two month wait D: oh well worth the wait

LinWest
Regular
Projects: Painted Walls, Pyrexia, & a secret

#3 Post by LinWest »

Oh no! The mac link on megaupload says its unavailable!
Lin West @Deviant Art

Working on:

Link2link8
Regular

#4 Post by Link2link8 »

LinWest wrote:Oh no! The mac link on megaupload says its unavailable!
checking the link it should be working -_- hope it's working...

LinWest
Regular
Projects: Painted Walls, Pyrexia, & a secret

#5 Post by LinWest »

Nope still "temporarily unavailable". I'll check back later since its just temporary.

(I prefer using mediafire for uploading stuff, myself)

EDIT: Haha! Got it to work!
Lin West @Deviant Art

Working on:

Link2link8
Regular

#6 Post by Link2link8 »

LinWest wrote:Nope still "temporarily unavailable". I'll check back later since its just temporary.

(I prefer using mediafire for uploading stuff, myself)

EDIT: Haha! Got it to work!
oh that's good to hear :o started to panic for a Minuit then lol hope you enjoy it!

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#7 Post by cloudyssky »

Pretty damn good.

That ending song always gets me in tears. Also to note, I noticed at least one spelling error.
Overall though, very nicely done.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

ghost_of_razgriz
Regular

#8 Post by ghost_of_razgriz »

Wha..? Wha...? Why... THIS IS AWESOME! :shock:

DOWNLOADING AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!!!

So how many endings are there?? Please tell me all girls are available, esp. Yusa!! :lol:

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#9 Post by Samu-kun »

First thing, please upload here

http://renai.us/

Renai.us accepts fan works, so this qualifies for hosting at Pytom's much more dedicated server. Megaupload is a junky file host, for various reasons.

I'm downloading now. Comments to follow.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#10 Post by Samu-kun »

Please follow the #1 rule of visual novel game development: NEVER, EVER, FORCE SET THE READ SPEED Pytom worked hard on the ren'py engine and gave us nice things like being able to select in the preferences menu how fast the text scrolls. If the text scrolled that slowly in a longer game, I would probably have wanted to strangulate someone. Luckily, the game was extremely short, so it wasn't a fatal problem.

Be careful when selecting some of the backgrounds. When Kanade was leading the narrator back to the dorm, it looked like the both of them were flying in the air because the POV in the background was off. (Kanade would probably have been able to jump that high, but I have my doubts about the narrator)

You might want to take another look at the text wrapping for the message box. Some of the text was obscured by the buttons on the right.

I think the ED was the best part of the game so far.

The first chapter wasn't anything special because it was too short, but maybe if the full game has Kanade as an end girl, I might be a lot more pleased. A lot more pleased!

Link2link8
Regular

#11 Post by Link2link8 »

cloudyssky wrote:Pretty damn good.

That ending song always gets me in tears. Also to note, I noticed at least one spelling error.
Overall though, very nicely done.
Thanks! the music from the show always get to me, it's really good no matter how many times I listen to it.
Samu-kun wrote:Please follow the #1 rule of visual novel game development: NEVER, EVER, FORCE SET THE READ SPEED Pytom worked hard on the ren'py engine and gave us nice things like being able to select in the preferences menu how fast the text scrolls. If the text scrolled that slowly in a longer game, I would probably have wanted to strangulate someone. Luckily, the game was extremely short, so it wasn't a fatal problem.

Be careful when selecting some of the backgrounds. When Kanade was leading the narrator back to the dorm, it looked like the both of them were flying in the air because the POV in the background was off. (Kanade would probably have been able to jump that high, but I have my doubts about the narrator)

You might want to take another look at the text wrapping for the message box. Some of the text was obscured by the buttons on the right.

I think the ED was the best part of the game so far.

The first chapter wasn't anything special because it was too short, but maybe if the full game has Kanade as an end girl, I might be a lot more pleased. A lot more pleased!
Ah sorry new to uploading around here, so I'll upload it later when I get the chance.

As for the forced read speed, I didn't know it was locked/forced so I'll get round to fixing that soz, I know what you mean I didn't noticed that -_- still this is the first thing I have ever released and took a month and a half to make while learning a lot of renpy's features.

Of course I will do some re work on the backgrounds, of course it's hard trying to find the right one out of all of the ones I got, of course chapter 02 will be much longer and I will try to make chapter 01 longer at the same time in V.2 the story is still a long way away thou.

thanks for the honest opinion thou helps a lot.

Ren

#12 Post by Ren »

Samu-kun wrote:First thing, please upload here

Renai.us accepts fan works, so this qualifies for hosting at Pytom's much more dedicated server. Megaupload is a junky file host, for various reasons.

Does it? I had the impression that fanworks were OK only as long as they didn't use official material.
I didn't have the chance to try this yet, but I had the impression the images were taken from the show...

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by DaFool »

Ren wrote: Does it? I had the impression that fanworks were OK only as long as they didn't use official material.
I didn't have the chance to try this yet, but I had the impression the images were taken from the show...
Marry Me Misato I believe had official material and it's listed.

Someone should check out the H section I believe there was a Tru Love Ru, Bleach hentai or something.

Link2link8
Regular

#14 Post by Link2link8 »

Ren wrote:
Samu-kun wrote:First thing, please upload here

Does it? I had the impression that fanworks were OK only as long as they didn't use official material.
that what I was worried about, the backgrounds were from the show just resized and cropped, whereas the character images were taken from the main site and re-created larger and redone completely.

ghost_of_razgriz
Regular

#15 Post by ghost_of_razgriz »

Just finished playing it....

Nice amount of choices, and the animated scene kinda surprised me, it's good!

But sometimes it feels weird. I mean, how come you're using run SFX when you're walking with Kanade?

Overall it's a nice game.