Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kanari
Regular

Re: Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

#226 Post by Kanari »

Elemental-Butterfly wrote:lol, yeah... i was wondering who oracle was, so i finished other guys' endings.
Oh, haha, me too. xD

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#227 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

Kanari wrote:
Elemental-Butterfly wrote:lol, yeah... i was wondering who oracle was, so i finished other guys' endings.
Oh, haha, me too. xD
aaaaand... he turned out to be cutest and hottest.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#228 Post by Riviera »

Kanari wrote:
Riviera wrote:Caius is definitely something. He reminded me of something I learned in sociology.

*pop psychology spoilers*
Some people are so insecure/distrustful of someone actually caring about them that they will push them as far as they can to sort of prove to themselves that yes, that person really doesn't care. They'll sabotage the relationship, whether they are aware of it or not, because they think, "If I do THIS they'll leave for sure. Then I'll know they never really cared" just like he does. Luckily, most real life examples aren't as extreme as he is. I think. But I think most of us know at least one person who does stuff like that, to some degree or another. It happens in romantic and non-romantic relationships.
It happens often enough that it's a relationship personality type. He's just, as mentioned, an extreme example.
So... Is Caius what you call an 'emo' person, or whatever? o u o;
Or maybe... A sadist? O:
It'd be a masochist if anything, really, although could be a sadist too. Because really, they're sabotaging themselves by striking out at others. When you get so focused on yourself like that, you don't notice/don't care so much about the effect on them. I guess you could call it emo, but emo tends to be less... aggressive.

I'll get off the psychology train, though. I could go on like this for hours analyzing characters, and it is a testament to the creator that you can pick apart their personalities to such a degree. ;)

I fully agree that the water path was the best and most romantic. I liked Rune as a character the best after that, but Caius's was the second most romantic.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Kanari
Regular

#229 Post by Kanari »

Elemental-Butterfly wrote:aaaaand... he turned out to be cutest and hottest.
Yeah, IKR?! 8D
And, yeah, it was the most romantic, just like Riviera said. <3
The Water Path/Ending should've been the True Ending, in my opinion. ; 3 ;
The True Ending was just too sad. D;
Riviera wrote:It'd be a masochist if anything, really, although could be a sadist too. Because really, they're sabotaging themselves by striking out at others. When you get so focused on yourself like that, you don't notice/don't care so much about the effect on them. I guess you could call it emo, but emo tends to be less... aggressive.

I'll get off the psychology train, though. I could go on like this for hours analyzing characters, and it is a testament to the creator that you can pick apart their personalities to such a degree. ;)

I fully agree that the water path was the best and most romantic. I liked Rune as a character the best after that, but Caius's was the second most romantic.
"Masochist", yes, that's the word I was looking for! ><;
I keep forgetting it, though... > o >;

Totally. ;D
But almost all the endings made me cry. ; 3 ;
Especially Rune's.

Kyminara
Regular

#230 Post by Kyminara »

Riviera wrote:Caius is definitely something. He reminded me of something I learned in sociology.

*pop psychology spoilers*
Some people are so insecure/distrustful of someone actually caring about them that they will push them as far as they can to sort of prove to themselves that yes, that person really doesn't care. They'll sabotage the relationship, whether they are aware of it or not, because they think, "If I do THIS they'll leave for sure. Then I'll know they never really cared" just like he does. Luckily, most real life examples aren't as extreme as he is. I think. But I think most of us know at least one person who does stuff like that, to some degree or another. It happens in romantic and non-romantic relationships.
It happens often enough that it's a relationship personality type. He's just, as mentioned, an extreme example.
As someone who has suffered from this.. umm... bad habit, I do not see a kindred spirit in Caius. This really does not fit his personality or explain why he enjoys his life so much. If anyone in FE fits what you describe, it would be...
Rune, because he is constantly trying to isolate himself from Mina, people, and life in general. He is trying to prove to himself that he has nothing worth living for, and that everyone is better off if he is dead. Isn't that what makes him a "defrosting ice queen"?
Now if you want to use psychology terms, the word you're looking for in Caius is
sociopath.
Not, "anti-social". not "bad boy". Caius is literally unable to care about other people's feelings. Even when he falls in love, it is only out of a selfish desire to never lose something that is precious to him.
I get the impression that Caius fangirls just don't want to acknowledge this, even though it is painfully obvious.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#231 Post by Aleema »

Kyminara wrote:Now if you want to use psychology terms, the word you're looking for in Caius is
sociopath.
Not, "anti-social". not "bad boy". Caius is literally unable to care about other people's feelings. Even when he falls in love, it is only out of a selfish desire to never lose something that is precious to him.
I get the impression that Caius fangirls just don't want to acknowledge this, even though it is painfully obvious.
I agree, but this is a fantasy world -- you have to expand your understanding of how the human brain works to incorporate freakin' magic. As disturbed as Caius is, from what we're given, he does appear to have transformed by the end, with some promise that he won't hurt her (again). I think the attraction is basically that the player "changed" him, even if he's still very disturbed after that transformation. And you should keep in mind that Mina is a life-sapping void of death, not exactly a normal girl here. xD I would say, considering the world and the characters, they're okay for each other and their ending the most secure (she learns how to keep herself protected with the poison).

Kyminara
Regular

#232 Post by Kyminara »

Aleema wrote:
Kyminara wrote:The Air path was also good, but
I really wanted Aysel to be more important in this. She betrays Mina, but then changes her mind. Is there no ending where she is willing to let her rival get taken away?
While I was testing the path, that was the only ending I was getting. xD So I can vouch that it's there.
Hey, thanks for that. A part of me knew the ending was there, but I just couldn't get to it without replaying it from the beginning.
VenusEclipse wrote:@Kyminara: Hmm, I get what you mean. I'll see what I could've added when I go through the game again, and maybe add it. I emphasize on the maybe because it might take too long to include it. :)
I've been through the game so many times that I feel a headache coming on if I were to play it again. I limit how much I do it just so I can stay sane.
I understand. It's more than I expected that you'd even consider adding more after all this time.
sporkysan wrote:@Elemental-Butterfly
Word of god said "Yes."
So I was right! I think I'll cry again just thinking about it. o.o
Aleema wrote:
Kyminara wrote:Now if you want to use psychology terms, the word you're looking for in Caius is
sociopath.
I agree, but this is a fantasy world -- you have to expand your understanding of how the human brain works to incorporate freakin' magic. As disturbed as Caius is, from what we're given, he does appear to have transformed by the end, with some promise that he won't hurt her (again). I think the attraction is basically that the player "changed" him, even if he's still very disturbed after that transformation. And you should keep in mind that Mina is a life-sapping void of death, not exactly a normal girl here. xD I would say, considering the world and the characters, they're okay for each other and their ending the most secure (she learns how to keep herself protected with the poison).
In a way, yes, they are made for each other. Also, I have to admit that ending is really sweet and romantic.
For the addition of magic, though, I think it works as a way to exaggerate the personality of the characters rather than confuse thier nature. In Caius's case, the fantasy world allows him to play his role to the extreme and not be completely shunned by society or locked up for life. It makes him (as well as other characters) seem more vivid and interesting.

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#233 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

Kanari wrote:
Yeah, IKR?! 8D
when i found out that water path wasn't the true ending, i became depressed. TT_TT

Kanari
Regular

#234 Post by Kanari »

Elemental-Butterfly wrote:
Kanari wrote:
Yeah, IKR?! 8D
when i found out that water path wasn't the true ending, i became depressed. TT_TT
So did I! D:
Zareh and Mina's story is just so... Hngh! Dx
'Cause they knew each other since they were really young, and Zareh did so much just to free Mina. ; 3 ;

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#235 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

Kanari wrote:So did I! D:
Zareh and Mina's story is just so... Hngh! Dx
'Cause they knew each other since they were really young, and Zareh did so much just to free Mina. ; 3 ;
yup! What did you really think of the true ending?

Kanari
Regular

#236 Post by Kanari »

Elemental-Butterfly wrote:yup! What did you really think of the true ending?
My personal opinion on the true ending, is that it's not exactly "true ending" material, if you know what I mean.
But that's just me, really. ^ ^

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#237 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

Kanari wrote:
My personal opinion on the true ending, is that it's not exactly "true ending" material, if you know what I mean.
I wanted it to have romance like water path, i think
oracle is hotter than
rune.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#238 Post by Riviera »

My ideal true ending would be a combination of the water (light) ending and the life (true) ending, actually..
Because you'd get all of the backstory, plus Mina would be free of the sphere.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#239 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

Riviera wrote:My ideal true ending would be a combination of the water (light) ending and the life (true) ending, actually..
yes, that would be awesome....because Mina would be complete with her memories, she would be free and get one romantic interest. =D

Kanari
Regular

#240 Post by Kanari »

Elemental-Butterfly wrote:
Kanari wrote:
I wanted it to have romance like water path, i think
oracle is hotter than
rune.
Yeah, I think so, too. x3
Riviera wrote:My ideal true ending would be a combination of the water (light) ending and the life (true) ending, actually..
Oh, yeah, that's right. O:
I never thought about that before. ^ ^;
But which guy would she get? o______________o;