Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

Re: Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

#301 Post by KissOfDeath »

Haha I'm on Team Caius as well :lol:
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#302 Post by distorsion »

Me too! Which is very strange given I normally dislike the "psycho @sshole" type...
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

janrrah18
Regular
Projects: My Sweet Revenge,(I can't think of a good title...><)
Organization: Valonia

#303 Post by janrrah18 »

Team Caius!!!!!!!Love his Story...!!!!

Teki10

#304 Post by Teki10 »

I finally played it! Twice so far.
The first ending I got was Zareh's light ending. I ended up crying because I thought he was gonna die... Then I got Caius' Light ending. i bawled my eyes out. There were times when I wanted to throw heavy things at him...There were times when I wanted to hug him.
I LOVED THIS!!!!!!

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#305 Post by michi 18 »

cool. Its a nice game u know

[ Please use standard English such as 'you' instead of 'u'. - PyTom ]
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

kawaii_rozu

#306 Post by kawaii_rozu »

i really love this game.. i love all the endings!! You guys really did a super great job!!!! :D
<3 <3 <3

DeepObsession

#307 Post by DeepObsession »

What more can I say other than just WHAT AN AMAZING GAME YOU HAVE HERE *w*

This game gave me a lot of mixed feelings! haha, I didn't cry in any of the paths and surprisingly I'm a cry baby -3- because I was so caught in everything that was going on! I'm not going to comment on the fighting scenes since pretty much everyone said what I had in mind. Also, I really liked your characters. I don't see why some people are so close-minded and judgmental.
I'm kind of irritated by the fact that some people are like "O.o Caius is a psycho! Zareh is metally sick and obsessed! Rune is too lifeless!" etc... I mean COME ON! What else would you expect? Personally I think you did a great job on creating characters and I loved how Caius came out in every path without changing his personality not even on his paths he would change, well only a little but of course that was meant to happen. And as of Zareh, OH GAWD! SUUUUUUUPER CUUUUUTE! Personally I don't think he's sick, or disgusting, or obsessed. I mean, everything he did for me is just so WOW he truly really loves me! I would like to correspond to his feelings, and even in his dark ending where he forced the kiss on Mina I was like OH GAWD *P* hahaha I love Zareh! and Caius comes 2nd :3 I must say Rune, and Aurelius are on the bottom of my list xD What I liked about Rune was his secret. I can just imagine how painful it is to live eternally and to have to force yourself to not to care about anything to lessen the pain. But to me Zareh was the true ending >w< lol and about Aurelius, you did very well in not changing his personality, it was also realistic because come on, guys who love girls the most don't change that easily to just one girl. and Varian he's my 3rd favorite. I wasn't expecting to get betrayed twice though T-T haha but it was brilliant! I don't think he lacked romance, but to be honest I was expecting a little bit of romance at least -3- but then again, it was realistic. I mean how can you fall in love with someone who (unintentionaly) messed up your life. It is hard for that to happen, but it's not hard to change your opinion on someone like he did at the end of his light ending. and Oryon was just so DAMN HOT! hahaha I hate him so much and yet he's so beautiful! and as I kept on playing finishing all the paths and getting all the CGs I ended up developing some feelings for Oryon >.< lololol but I also like Virgil a lot! He's so cute :3 especially in Aurelius's path.
Oh Gawd! What else is there to say? >w< your game is awesome! I'm looking forward to your next games :B you just earned a fan here :3 Thank you so much for taking your time on making this for us, and GOOD LUCK! on your next games :D

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#308 Post by VenusEclipse »

Thanks guys. It means a lot to me to read those comments.

@DeepObsession
I'm glad you're able to see how I wrote the characters, since I try to be as realistic as I can to their basic characteristics. I think some of the expectations come from the genre tag, and just me not planning out some paths due to my lack of experience writing. Because of that, their characteristics conflict with the plot itself, that's why
Varian's path had almost no romance.
I only recently found out I was a discovery writer, which in summary means I write more by feeling, not by a set plan. I give thanks to Delarem for telling me that, because I was conflicted with how I can't write with a set plan, and how others can do it. There's just different types of writers. That is also my downfall. XD

It's okay to me if others have different thoughts. Sometimes it gives me a different perspective for when I write later. They do recognize the characters in reality are dangerous.
And it makes me really happy when people like you do see and understand why the characters act the way they do, and see the story in the perspective as I intended. That is the best feeling ever.

Again, thanks for all the comments!

keke-chan

#309 Post by keke-chan »

Finally got around to playing this~ Tbh, I wasn't that interested in the plot since I'm more of a fan of slice of life games and usually fantasy ones creep me out but it's summer and I'm bored :P

and LOL I'm so pro, I got the hidden character the first time I played it xD

Well...it wasn't that hard anyway:P
Last edited by keke-chan on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ordog
Regular

#310 Post by Ordog »

xD yeah it wasn't. I think it was called the hidden character because he's wearing a hood.
I had already sent my advice of the game by mail when I finished it, but I want to say it again, I really loved Frozen Essence ! It took you a lot of time, and we can see it (Two years, was it ?)I spent so much time playing it (Since my first language isn't English, I think I'm slower when reading ^^"), so when I finished it, I felt like I needed more xD
I hope you'll be working on something else (A sequel seems hard to do, as you told me) I'll definitely play it.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#311 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I can't get the option to save Aurelius and I followed the walkthrough perfectly. I did the four things needed to save him in the cave, and the choice to save 'no one' came up. Maybe something I did messed me up. I was nice to Aysel and everything. Can anyone help me with this?

Ordog
Regular

#312 Post by Ordog »

Here is what I did to open Aurelius's path
What if I want to see the outside world
You're not what I expected
Ask your questions and go to bed...
Don't peek
Courtyard=> What's going on...
Just thinking where I'd spend my time
Outside world
Aysel
See around town
Don't worry I get overwhelmed by him too
me too
prepare for the festival
you don't have to tell me => Aurelius' first CG
Look around the shops
Go in
Go south to play
Throw snow at him => second CG
Go see the ice sculptures => third CG
Yes, let's see the light together => Fourth
Aurelius' health
ask about Aurelius
then about Aysel => fifth CG (Aurelius lying in the cave)
Choose to save Aurelius!!

If you let Aysel go see the light with him you open the oracle's path. Tell me if it worked !

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#313 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Ah! I didn't say, 'What if I want to see the outside world' or ask about Aysel in the cave. I did ask about Aurelius though. I'm going to try it and see what happens.

Ordog
Regular

#314 Post by Ordog »

I choose those answers because Aurelius and Aysel's path are both linked. (Though I don't think you have to do everything the same as me ^^")

BlindClarity
Projects: Stella Argentea
Organization: Rune Bunny

#315 Post by BlindClarity »

Water path is the one that makes sense as the true ending to me.
One of these days I'm going to have to do a long detailed review on this game but I want to cover it pretty well, and this game is pretty massive. Thanks for sharing this with us.