Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Frozen Essence: V2 uploaded

#31 Post by azureXtwilight »

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk~

Someone have to give me a walkthrough for this one, I've only manage Caius' and Rune's path and failed to get their dark endings... ><
I'm a sucker at remembering choices I've picked... Grrrr!
How do I get secret guy (and others?) O.O
I love the game so far, I enjoy making Caius
fall from the bed
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

MWAHAHA~
I'll hope you'll forgive me if I feel like kicking the guys at some moments, especially Caius after the heroine saved him... XP
Nice storyline, I think the heroine is sweet and understandable~ This is going to be one of my fave english GXBs ever!
One thing though, why do I get an impression that everyone likes to slap at each other? :P

Qookies
Regular

#32 Post by Qookies »

So done with Hidden Character's,Caius' and Aurelius' paths. I'm doing Varian's. BTW Elites are handsome. Except Vitus. Zareh Oryon and Virgil are really handsome. I wish I was as handsome as they are. Oh well... *goes back to playing*
Last edited by Qookies on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

aya001
Regular

#33 Post by aya001 »

I'm doing aurelius path right now.

And Qoo, you made an spoiler XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.
Zareh is a Hiden character
Well, by now I supose people must know... XD

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#34 Post by ludeshka »

Downloaded!
I'll be back with something more meaningful to say once I've played it.
I was looking forward to playing this :D

aya001
Regular

#35 Post by aya001 »

Now I know how to get the Death path light and dark ending.

For the Light Path:
When Orion get's you and you're about to scape, and the voice tell to get only one person to save, you have to get the NO ONE, for you to be able to do the Death path. After that be totally bitchy, revenge in the White Order, you don't want any guards...
After a while the oracle will bring you prisoners, let all of them go, and in the end you'll get the light path.
For the Death Path:
The same thing, but you don't let them go, or kill them (send them to another world XD) or inprison them, and you'll get this end, I think I got it that way.
Hope this help.

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#36 Post by Arithra »

so far I managed carius light and dark ending and
the oracle :D
too, but i always end up on varians dark path ~.~
could someone please help me?
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#37 Post by sayuri »

azureXtwilight wrote:Eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk~

Someone have to give me a walkthrough for this one, I've only manage Caius' and Rune's path and failed to get their dark endings... ><
I'm a sucker at remembering choices I've picked... Grrrr!
How do I get secret guy (and others?) O.O
I love the game so far, I enjoy making Caius
fall from the bed
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

MWAHAHA~
I'll hope you'll forgive me if I feel like kicking the guys at some moments, especially Caius after the heroine saved him... XP
Nice storyline, I think the heroine is sweet and understandable~ This is going to be one of my fave english GXBs ever!
One thing though, why do I get an impression that everyone likes to slap at each other? :P
To get the secret guy:
Interact with the oracle as much as possible. Be bitchy enough to everyone else at the festival and when asked to save someone pick 'No One'. Be nice to the oracle when you return and huzzah! He's the secret guy. Keep being nice, believe in him, ect. to get the light ending and reject him to get the dark.

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#38 Post by VenusEclipse »

It's official. I freaking love Caius. I am a completion whore so I must resist just playing his path on repeat. Even though I very much liked Varian, hurhur. He's just as much a tsundere as Caius, albeit more cuddly yet not as lulztastic. Yes, Caius' light path was win *_*. I wanted to reach through the screen and hug him
People like him the most. :D His path might not be the favorite but he's the favorite character in the poll I put up, so far. May change some time.
Artwise, of course it's amateurish and I think some simple improvements could have been made, but you still were able to set a good mood with your bgs (lots of blue tones I've noticed) and character emotions were expressed well. (I feel like drawing fanart of the MC :D)
Yes, you noticed right? I still have to improve my art and some art is outdated. I feel I'll take another few months to redo most of the outdated art. Then... the cycle repeats and I'll never finish. I'm getting sick of drawing the game's art actually. XD I already redone some that needed serious improvement before the release. But yes, definitely some areas that are unpolished (like the BGs, and some CGs).

And if you do the art, you have to show me. :D!

Thanks for the rest of the input Mai. I take all the comments with me to decide what to do or not to do in future stuff.
Please get some sleep. 3am in the morning? O_O
f there's one thing I did dislike though... The sound effects. At first I was okay, but then the slapping noise really got on my nerves. I can't help but imagine everyone slapping each other with gloves with that effect unfortunately
One thing though, why do I get an impression that everyone likes to slap at each other?
Hmm, if more people think the sounds of "slapping" is too much, I will consider removing more in a new release. I don't plan to just fix that and release it now because if people find things I have to fix, I'll be reuploading more files. I plan to get them all and fix them in one go. There were more problems when it was tested so the sound effects weren't as big a deal.

I got the sound effect idea from Phoenix Wright (and I even wrote "overwright your save" that people pointed out, lol....) One of the testers even told me that I play it too much that "wright" got into my head.

I liked how they added a "bang" when the characters were loud. Perhaps I didn't anticipate that people found this annoying, and that it sounds like the MC got hit when she didn't. I'll remove some in a more "final" release. But if there's no more problems, I may not reupload a new file. Too many "redownloads" might annoy people. XD So I'll wait until more problems come up. Too early to say since not everyone is finished. :)
That's fine. :D! He needs a wake up call sometimes. Besides, we can't love them all 100% of the time.
That means a lot. :D! You don't know how much.

@Everyone stuck.

I'll make a walk-through. I have to go through the script to figure out which points add up to what. I don't remember all of them 100%. Also, don't expect it too soon. I want to see how to write it effectively and one that doesn't include spoilers.

So just how to get all paths is fine?
Last edited by VenusEclipse on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ruruka-chan
Regular

#39 Post by Ruruka-chan »

I hate the True ending. This is soooo sad, the both can never get together. And I sob oneself to sleep T_T

Quiet_Riot
Projects: Coming Soon to a Theater Near You Summer 2011...

#40 Post by Quiet_Riot »

Loved it!!! I liked the names they really suited each character and were originally without being annoying/odd/qweird
I really liked Caius and Rune. Aurelius bothered me, but then again overly optimistic people tend to irritate me.

Anyways, back to the main point. Loved the game, eagerly awaiting your next release :)

I LOOOOVEEEEEEE if you made a walkthrough! I'm missing 2 of Rune's CGs and like 3 or 4 of Caius.

Also does CG stand for character gallery or something?

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by Cain0425 »

where the walkthrough! i am missing CGs and i still cant get! rune Lignt ending!

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#42 Post by playswithtribbles »

Just wanted to congratulate you on your epic release.

I love Caius the most... Always did have a thing for red-eyes and assassins... Surprisingly though I don't have even one assassin in my game I'm making. :? But I have a thief and a scoundrel or two, or three, :wink: so I guess it evens out...

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for your amazing game. Eagerly looking forward to what else you will do.
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#43 Post by VenusEclipse »

Walkthrough Link

Edit: I'm still working on the rest but it contains what people have trouble with. The rest of it I'll write another day.

What is Done:
Hints to get all the endings without the full guide.
In Depth Path Guide that tell you which choices to pick
I hate the True ending. This is soooo sad, the both can never get together. And I sob oneself to sleep T_T
I hope you saw the meaning I put behind it. ^_^;
Loved it!!! I liked the names they really suited each character and were originally without being annoying/odd/qweird
Yes, there's a meaning behind every character's name. Glad you noticed. :D Googling names meanings helped me out.

And thanks tribbles. :)
Last edited by VenusEclipse on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#44 Post by Cain0425 »

i love this game it really good and make me cry all the time i play it

Qookies
Regular

#45 Post by Qookies »

YAY! GOT ALL CGs!