Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Frozen Essence: V2 uploaded

#46 Post by Cain0425 »

you got all the CG! wow i have hard time geting the dark ending for the fire path and i still need the death path CGS there only ones have hard time with T_T

aya001
Regular

#47 Post by aya001 »

You got all the CG's, Congrast Qoo, I still have a few left, I think I'll have to use the Walkthrough to get them. XD.

BTW, thanks for the walkthrough ^^

Ruruka-chan
Regular

#48 Post by Ruruka-chan »

"I hope you saw the meaning I put behind it. ^_^;"
I think.....or I hope

But I really love Zareh. He has made everything with it she gets free again. And he immediately say that he love her. I love this ending. I wish them would have a child ^^
And Caius ending is really sweet too. I love the game everything is great.^^

Qookies
Regular

#49 Post by Qookies »

I used walkthrough for Rune's 2. The others I got myself.

FoxyYoko
Regular

#50 Post by FoxyYoko »

Your game is really awesome , I just found it =.=
It maked me cry so I can say that you have a very good way in writing , cause I don't cry that much and the art is very very pretty ^.^

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#51 Post by Cain0425 »

i my fav are
1 fav Zareh and 2 fav is Caius they where like hots guys in the game i think i love Zareh even if you say do not love him he still love you and then trap you forever in the realm i still love and i love caius for being a badass and prevert lol
Last edited by Cain0425 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nefferinthia
Regular

#52 Post by nefferinthia »

God, there's so much I want to say right now XD Just, I love you for making this VN. Have my infinite gratitude <3 I've just finished both of Caius' endings and absolutely loved them. I think I'm going for Aurelius next, or maybe Varian. Maybe I'll draw you some fanart soon <3

Alsoo, if you might ever need someone for writing, concept art and maybe even sprites (I can try ^^) I would be delighted to help. Ask me anytime~

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#53 Post by Aleema »

Hmm, if more people think the sounds of "slapping" is too much, I will consider removing more in a new release. I don't plan to just fix that and release it now because if people find things I have to fix, I'll be reuploading more files. I plan to get them all and fix them in one go. There were more problems when it was tested so the sound effects weren't as big a deal.

I got the sound effect idea from Phoenix Wright (and I even wrote "overwright your save" that people pointed out, lol....) One of the testers even to stop playing that I play it too much that "wright" got into my head.
I got what you were doing with them, but I think the problem is mainly the sound effect choice. With Phoenix Wright, the sound is digital and computer generated. On a computer, our human ears can clearly hear that the sound is the slapping of skin, rather than just an accent. So whenever I heard it, and I guess when some others heard it, our minds immediately associated it with someone being slapped. And when no one was slapped, it's confusing. So I recommend a more generic sound, rather than taking it out. :) Maybe something like this or this or this?

FoxyYoko
Regular

#54 Post by FoxyYoko »

>.> God , I have NO IDEEA how to get aurelius >.< I read the walktrought but ... I faled big time like 5 times .. always ending with the
oracle >.>
Last edited by FoxyYoko on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#55 Post by gekiganwing »

Tried Frozen Essence yesterday on my netbook. I got a Python error the first time I tried starting the program, but the second time it worked. (If I see this error again, I'll strive to provide details.)

The opening scenes reminded me a bit of Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (for Sega CD and the original Playstation). Both Frozen Essence and Lunar 2 begin with a girl sealed away from the normal world who has powers that other people fear.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#56 Post by VenusEclipse »

Tried Frozen Essence yesterday on my netbook. I got a Python error the first time I tried starting the program, but the second time it worked.
I believe that's just a corrupted/incomplete file after the download. Riviera got that too when she first downloaded it to test. Glad it worked the second time otherwise I'll be figuring out what went wrong again.
The opening scenes reminded me a bit of Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (for Sega CD and the original Playstation). Both Frozen Essence and Lunar 2 begin with a girl sealed away from the normal world who has powers that other people fear.
Never tried that game, but that makes me want to play it. :)
I'm sure there's other games where the game begins in the same way. That's why I think the beginning of Frozen Essence isn't original, but should be good for the rest of the story.
>.> God , I have NO IDEEA how to get aurelius >.< I read the walktrought but ... I faled big time like 5 times ..
Easiest way is to meet him often in the festival. It takes less to get him. If you see him in the first day of the festival, go south and then go north. Accept his invitation on the second day and then wish for his health. If you go to look for your companions before the festival, you can meet him by going to the haunted house.

And mind adding the spoilers tags to the last bit of your post too? ^_^
I got what you were doing with them, but I think the problem is mainly the sound effect choice. And when no one was slapped, it's confusing. So I recommend a more generic sound, rather than taking it out. :) Maybe something like this or this or this?
Sure, I'll try them. :) Thanks for spending the time to find them, and then uploading them.
Maybe I'll draw you some fanart soon <3

Alsoo, if you might ever need someone for writing, concept art and maybe even sprites (I can try ^^) I would be delighted to help. Ask me anytime~
If you do, just tell me. :) And thanks for the offer! Will keep it in mind.

@ Cain's
1 fav Zareh and 2 fav is Caius they where like hots guys in the game i think i love Zareh even if you say do not love him he still love you and then trap you forever in the realm
I had fun writing the dark one for the hidden character. I was deciding how to end it and boom, his love turned obsession with her worked![/quote]
@Ruruka-chan (hope you put them in spoilers soon when you get my PM).
I was thinking about the MC having a child with one of the guys. I just can't figure out who but I was thinking about her having it with Zareh, but I rather leave it up to the imagination.
And on the poll, someone chose the death path as his/her favorite. I was really itching to find out who that person is. My friend liked it so I asked him, but he chose water. XD

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

#57 Post by Cain0425 »

wow i see the poll and vote and ever one love the water path yay

Qookies
Regular

#58 Post by Qookies »

Well I chose death path. *runs off* I voted 2 times... to death path. *runs off once more*
I thought I got all endings but I didn't get Aurelius' bad ending. *runs off to play*

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#59 Post by Coren »

One thing I'm a bit unsure about is... Since Mina can just die from wounds and poison etc. , why do the White Order people go through the trouble of sealing her instead of just stabbing her or something? It'll be a lot easier.

Ruruka-chan
Regular

#60 Post by Ruruka-chan »

Too bad for me I would have seen the two with a child
And I can now spoiler :mrgreen:
ähm jah I think sometimes I am really silly :lol: