Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
FreaQiu

Re: Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

#361 Post by FreaQiu »

Huu.. Cry when finish Rune's route. This game is amazing. Rune is very.. kind. Noo...

sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

#362 Post by sanashi27 »

This was one of the first otome games I've ever played(along with hatoful bf and re:alistair) and really enjoyed it. Thanks for making the game. It was wonderful.
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

MikaYuu is Love, MikaYuu is Life. My OTP <3

Parisa

#363 Post by Parisa »

I just played it and it was amazing. I got the earth-dark ending. I wasn't satisfied with the ending. I should try to get the light ending! I don't like dark ones!!! But I really enjoyed it. Thank you! :)

Elmiwisa
Veteran

#364 Post by Elmiwisa »

I just finished this game recently. I love this game. One of the best free otome game, it triumph even some commercial game. I don't care all that much about the art in general, so I don't mind the lower quality art that much, especially when the story is so lovely and amazing. :D And even better, there is no significant plot holes or unexplained events, which I like too since consistency issue can make or break the story for me; yeah I care about issue like that. :wink: And it is nice that there is no "spoiler" route - even though some path reveal more of the backstory than others, no paths reveal everything that happened.
I find the Fire Path a bit lackluster though, as if it was made in a rush.
Also, I think
Aurelius's intuition is a bit too story-breaking, it is unusually powerful on his own route, yet if it were to be as powerful on other route the story would have been resolved too easily
I think Life True Ending is too much of a tearjerker though, making me sad for days because it is the true ending.
However, I don't get why
Oracle's route is called Water Path? The Oracle was originally a Death Hex Guardian, later gaining the ability from all 6 spheres and also the Eternal Essence. The closest the Oracle have done that have anything to do with water is the ability to rent a boat, which happen on another path altogether.
:?
Overall, my favourite are Water Light, Death Light, and Earth Light endings. Poor Aysel though, she never have a happy ending, except for Air Alternate
which I think is the worst ending for Mina
. Aysel is basically an antagonist without trying to be.

Kagehide
Regular

#365 Post by Kagehide »

I played this game way before i got an account on here and im still such an huge fan of this game wow
"I’ve decided…I won’t run away any more…I’ll fight with my future! I’ll fight with the future that everyone’s made for me! Not for anyone else, but for myself!" -Hinata Hajime

Philophobia

#366 Post by Philophobia »

I made an account just to say this >.>.... OMG... I loved loved LOVED this story :3 There was so many different ways to go! Its truely amazing. I applaud your efforts in this game. Maybe when I have my job back (laid off -_-) I will somehow donate T_T this game.. will keep me entertained for a long time :3 I am going to try and get every possible ending!

Wish me luck!!

Btw.
The road.. with Rune... OMG.. I can't believe what happened to him! They shouldn't treat him like that D: So much pain... I will avenge him!! D: (even though I can't.. because its a game.. I will still try...)

Lunacore

#367 Post by Lunacore »

This was my first Visual Novel ever. After playing it i got a big fan of Vn's.. I played heartstring bugs too because it was from you. I am a realy big fan of you..
Now after i got my new computer i guess i be downloading this game again so i can play it once more from the beginning xD wha.. It sure is an amazing game, i realy love how the artwork is done. Because there may are pictures who are from more quality, but your cg's are having a good look and they are having feelings in them.. And i love how it was written, i did never bore me to read through like in some other visual novels.. And even the secret character was amazing.. Just got to say, this game is amazing and touching.. My favourite was the secret one. xD
Because after all he realy did so much for her.. Even though in the bad end he seems to be a creeper.. But he's still my alltime favourite. He realy deserves her.
But i have to admit i didn't like the true ending because
Well, its good because both can just give each other what they needed. But it just was giving me a wrong feeling.. It made me shiver in a bad way. But i guess it had to be like that.. But well.. Q_Q The ending was just so sad. Was giving me the feeling that everythings messed up..

hananoyounikirei
Projects: The Virgin

#368 Post by hananoyounikirei »

Hello!

This was one of the first VN's I played, and somehow I've only just now made an account on here, so I thought I'd leave some nice feedback for all those who helped me get into this amazing genre! For some reason I stopped trying to get the other paths after I got Caius's because he was really all I was aiming for. *sheepish grin* Anyways, I'm downloading again so I can finish all of it, so I'll probably post again with an in-dpeth review.

Really, I just want to say that for someone who wasn't really sure about the VN genre, this has got to be one of the best VN's to really show them what it's all about. The extensive paths and endings are wonderful, and at the time I was so amazed, thinking this had to be some sort of rarity, that I wouldn't be able to find another VN close to it. Frozen Essence really set my expectations high when it came to finding more, but I am so happy I found this when I did.

As I've only gotten the 'true' ending and Caius's, I may be a bit biased but I just have to say: CAIUS IS SO ADORABLE I LOVE HIS PATH! *ahem* Yeah, well you know, that bed scene was just so FREAKING CUTe and how he got all confused and angry when Mina told him he couldn't feel her up anymore!

Okay, okay, but seriously, I love you, and I love Frozen Essence. I'm downloading one of your other games too! Be back later! *Flys away*

Bouki
Regular

#369 Post by Bouki »

I guess i am, like, 4 years late to the party, but damn this was a masterpiece. The story, well-developed characters, world you've created, nice sense of humor, characters... Did i say characters? Because i thought characters were reaaally good, to the point that they felt like real people. And yeah, i guess that's why i wanted my first post to be about this game 8) Now if you excuse me
I'll go cry some more for Rune. And judging by what people wrote, seems like i'm the only one who likes Rune :lol:

Ordog
Regular

#370 Post by Ordog »

Playing the game again !! For like the 4th time x)

Frozen Essence is a safe choice when you don't know what to do. Plus, since the game is really complex, you can play it again... every year I'd say.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#371 Post by Coren »

It's been a while, but I come bearing fanart!
Haven't drawn in a long time, and I feel great! I love Mina's design.

Naru_san

#372 Post by Naru_san »

What have you done with me? I'm all in tears! My first ending is "true" of Life Path. Yes, he is free now, but I hoped, all time I had a hope that he'll survive! I'm so upset now(
I like your game a lot! To be honest, it is doleful and depressed game, but at the same time it is the whole story as if I read the novel, and not the novella. You did the big and gorgeous job)
Thank you! =^__^=
Sorry for my English >_<

HnubNtuj

#373 Post by HnubNtuj »

Just played this game and got the "True Life" path. Ugh, so sadd. What do I do with these tears? Y-Y

I really liked the Oracle though,
so I'll try to grab his path next
. But damn, this game really surprised me with how long and engaging it was. I really liked the dynamics between the different characters too and how their differing personalities/goals changed and clashed.

Pat yourself on the back 'cus damn, that was a good story. :) [Kinda made an acc just to tell you that.]

babycoffee
Tumblr: purpleflowerpatrol

#374 Post by babycoffee »

Played this game under the suggestion of one of my friends. It was amazing. The storyline was lovely. The soundtrack was omg. I really loved it. Funny though because I ended up with the hidden character the first time I played it. LOL. I cried, btw. Knowing what that hidden character had done to do everything for her... *le sigh* And then playing again for the other endings and knowing hidden character... :'(

Ghost-Rain

#375 Post by Ghost-Rain »

Man, I love this VN! I'm pretty sure that I spent over half of my day going through it. XD Probably due to my rule about picking choices that I (mostly personally) feel like picking. -And not saving at allin my first playthrough.

I just can not get Caius. Oh well. I'm supposed to be going after the one I want last. My heart doesn't like that idea.

I will not resort to the walkthrough. Not yet!

I'm very pleasantly surprised though. This is a very long and engaging VN as a whole, and characters who look like side characters just aren't side characters. They all have personalities, feelings, and they all affect the story as a whole.
"Oracle" Can I just say that I love this ending? This poor guy. He needs some serious love here. :oops: And the 'dress' that isn't really considered a dress. Eeeee~ He even said that she didn't have to wear it. She could throw it out, if she wanted. He is so considerate, but he's just so real and human. I love him. Getting the Death ending after that was interesting. Just didn't know that it was him...even when the White Order members almost pointed it out!
*cough* But of course we can't forget Varian and Aurelius either. I need to make a note to try and find Varian some more. i will find you, Varian! There are more CGs to see. I hardly have any! Dang, I usually don't like players but Aurelius is just...he's lovable too. Having him still chase his girls even with the good ending was nice. It kept it realistic and in his character. He was kind, optimistic, he did put a sword to "Mina's" throat right after she killed one of the White Order and almost killed Aysel. None of his actions felt forced or paradoxical, and he somehow managed to pull of a human personality. Well done~
I still want Caius...and of course I need Rune's secrets too. I have pursued him the least so far. Onward! Towards the CGs and fangirling!
So far I have only been able to choose to save "No one" and Aurelius (bringing Aysel with) in the cave. Grr. I want my Caius. I also want to know what happened to Rune, and just...dang it! Varian. Varian, I need to save you. I will save you I promise. ...I want to know if screwing everyone over in the wishing at the end of the festival leads to the Death path or Caius' :D I think he would be amused by that, but calling him a sadist makes him run away and leave. Hmm. So many questions.
I love all of the characters. Is there fanfiction or fanart somewhere for when I'm finished? I will probably have many more comments once I finish the routes. (Or questions if I give up and look at the walkthrough).

*Update:

I finally got Caius! Man, that took forever. ...That really took to long. Completely worth it though. To be honest, I almost lost my patience with him many times, but I just couldn't. I just couldn't leave him alone. Rune was so right for her (to me), and Aurelius just couldn't be any better. I usually hate characters like that, but he's truly lovely. Caius. I just couldn't leave Caius alone. I really wanted to. It was almost masochistic to try to get him, but I could not leave him alone. I am 100% satisfied with his good ending.

Time to replay multiple routes to get the remaining CGs or try, and of course to get Varian! ...And then to see if focusing on Aysel does anything?
Stares at the gallery wondering if Aysel has anything special.