Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
aya001
Regular

Re: Frozen Essence

#16 Post by aya001 »

Your desktop??? XDDDD I have no Idea, I only get to that exact point in game, and do the same thing after trying it again and again, but with other paths and characters I got no problem.

When I can enter the page (it says 404 error) I'll download it again, and see how it goes. THANKS for looking that ^^

Meanwhile I'll do the other paths, because I don't seem to have any problem, finished Caius Dark ending.

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#17 Post by VenusEclipse »

I'm reuploading right now so I took down the page until it's done. I'll remove the "reuploading message" from the first post afterwards. You don't have to wait.

And yeah, I was surprised to see a "vana" show up. I wonder what would people think if I chose a more inappropriate name. :)
Last edited by VenusEclipse on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qookies
Regular

#18 Post by Qookies »

aya001 wrote:finished Caius Dark ending.
How did you got it?

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#19 Post by VenusEclipse »

Okay, the reupload process is complete! I feel silly. :D Jake explained to me what the weird thing I saw was.

If you error in the Life path, you have the old version. You need the new file to go through that path, but your saves should be intact.

@ Aleema's review
Haha, glad you liked the music. Any favorite track?
And I didn't think the "slap/hit" sounds were too much, I did take some out actually in the final release but I get what you mean. I guess there's more excess "slaps" than I thought.

I'm glad you enjoyed all paths. Tried to make them as different as possible.

I gave you the responses mostly in the testing phase about everything already so I don't have to make your reply too long. :D You already know what I said.

Also the Death's Dark Ending, big super spoiler....
You kind of obtained "him" in the end, if you think about it that way. So it's like he's the 6th guy you took by force. And dressing him up? Sure! Whatever makes sense in that path. Hehehe.
@ Qookies:
For the Dark Ending....
Go to the other areas that doesn't lead you to the lake. Choose all the choices that lead the main character to expose herself to poison/other plants. Don't cook for him. Then "don't bother explaining the morals" to Caius, and let him sleep in bed (goes against your morals too). XD It should work. Most of these choices affect the MC's thinking.
@aya001
Are you working, or plan on doing another game???? Because, you really are good ^^
I plan to make something different after a break from this. Need a breather. Also I hope you liked your first ending. It's my favorite path.

@Sayuri
and I'm crying. The game is really awesome ^^. I'll go back and play some more and hopefully get a better ending
Awww, that touches me. ^_^

@ Everyone else
Hope you have fun after the download. Tell me if you have problems with crashes, which I hope you don't. I'm sure they're all fixed! Really!
Last edited by VenusEclipse on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aya001
Regular

#20 Post by aya001 »

Downloading again, thanks for it. ^^.

About the first ending I got, Yes I got Caius dark-light ending, Varian Light ending, and "That" ending, and until now is the one I love most, I really liked who the story went following that path. ^^

Well, I'm going to find all the other endings and the CG's I have left.
And I'll be waiting for your next work, until then...rest well ^^

I see that Venus explained how to get Caius Dark ending, I hope you can get it now :)

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

Re: Frozen Essence: V2 uploaded

#21 Post by sayuri »

It's official. I freaking love Caius. I am a completion whore so I must resist just playing his path on repeat. Even though I very much liked Varian, hurhur. He's just as much a tsundere as Caius, albeit more cuddly yet not as lulztastic. Yes, Caius' light path was win *_*. I wanted to reach through the screen and hug him :D.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#22 Post by MaiMai »

A new game hot DAMN *goes to download*
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Melkoshi
Regular
Projects: Jewels of Sytinane

#23 Post by Melkoshi »

When I get back to my pc at home. I'll download this and play it.

Congratulations on being the first VN (outside of a commercial one) that I've taken interest in and will play. The art looks lovly and I will admit, is a key factor to why I am interested.(60+ CGS!? holy...)
--- My DeviantArt.
Game in Progress for demo-teaser:
story(script) = 45%
sprites = 100%
programming(interface) = 35%
CGs = 0%
Backgrounds = 5%
Music/sound = 0%

Qookies
Regular

#24 Post by Qookies »

How do I get Wind Path Dark and Light ending? I always get alternate...
And whose path is death path?

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Cain0425 »

i am have a hard time geting
Aurelius light ending can some one pls help me ever time i want get hes good ending that dame girl that gurd she get me seal away dame it

aya001
Regular

#26 Post by aya001 »

Qookies wrote:How do I get Wind Path Dark and Light ending? I always get alternate...
And whose path is death path?
I don't know about a wind path, you mean the air path????

And about the death path, if you read the reply of Aleema, in the first page, you'll see spoilers of diferent paths that already did, and you'll see the one about the death path.

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Cain0425 »

how get Rune light ending i got all ending for him but that only one i cant get!

Qookies
Regular

#28 Post by Qookies »

Yes I meant the air path. But I passed it and got the light ending.
And is there a Dark Ending for Aurelius?
And how do I get to death path? I'm leaving Rune for last.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#29 Post by MaiMai »

Okay, I just finished the game and
almost completed the Zareh path. Damn that one missing CG :evil: !!!
All right, now down to serious business. I really liked the story and it's much more engaging than most games made here. I felt sad at the sad parts, felt myself being frustrated like the MC. The characters actually evoke an emotional response from me
a lot of angry ones like "ORYON YOU BASTARD. RUNE DON'T BE SUCH A WHINER. Aww, Aysel so cute. AURELIUS DON'T TOUCH ME YOU'RE CREEPY. VARIAN YOU BASTARD. Caius stop being a douche. ZAREH. *o*
Probably not completely appropriate responses and it's obvious I kind of only like one guy, but I'm a weird person so :P

Artwise, of course it's amateurish and I think some simple improvements could have been made, but you still were able to set a good mood with your bgs (lots of blue tones I've noticed) and character emotions were expressed well. (I feel like drawing fanart of the MC :D)

If there's one thing I did dislike though... The sound effects. At first I was okay, but then the slapping noise really got on my nerves. I can't help but imagine everyone slapping each other with gloves with that effect unfortunately :( I think the special effects were okay, but at scenes were the MC gets life essence, it seemed a bit delayed-- not a huge problem though.

In any case, good job at finishing this game since it's inspired me to work on my projects more. You put a lot of effort into this and it shows. You're one of the few people in the VN community to finish a good game worth playing that's for free. That's always a plus :) I hope you get to work on more projects! I could learn a thing or two from you in terms of work ethic.

I hope this all makes sense I'm writing this at three in the morning aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

aya001
Regular

#30 Post by aya001 »

I don't know about the Aurelius dark ending, I still have to begin his path, and the death ending, no Idea, I know who the character is, but not the path you have to take to get it. Sorry. Maybe if Aleema connect to the forum and see this, can explain to you how she got it