Ripples Online

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
boki46

Ripples Online

#1 Post by boki46 »

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that Sakevisual's Ripples is now available on Facebook, as a fully playable online game (Facebook app), that you can add to your profile.
http://www.facebook.com/apps/applicatio ... 0984732222
http://apps.facebook.com/vnovel-ripples/

For those of you who don't know what Ripples is about, you can find more information on it (and an online playable version by vNovel Interactive) at Sakevisual's website.
http://www.sakevisual.com/ripples.html

Here's a short teaser introduction:
"A short and sweet visual novel story game, with beautiful art, and featuring voiced characters. Meet Koda, a pessimistic guy with an attitude, as he faces the toughest challenge of his life yet; handling a bubbly girl of his age, with a dare-say..."

If you enjoy playing the game online, please 'like' it, or share the link with your friends.

Thank you.

P.S.: If you'd like to know more about the engine that runs this game online, please PM me, and I'll give you the rundown.

Ren

Re: Ripples Online

#2 Post by Ren »

Tried it during lunch break:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; it; rv:1.9.1.11) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.5.11

I like how the music fades to silence when I change tab, but it doesn't seem to work perfectly (I didn't go to a new tab in the main menu, but it still got interrupted, same for the first few screens of text). Also, scrolling up and down seems to affect the music as well, I don't know if it's intended behaviour.
I'd have liked it if the dubbed lines played as soon as the text itself appeared, I'm kind of used to this, and I lost a couple because the wait (which admittedly is a couple of seconds or so, but I'd rather not wait at all) made me think the line for some reason didn't work.
It seems to me that the transition between sprites when there is a new expression (or a new line) doesn't look so good. On the other hand, the transitions for when Kuu arrives on the scene are quite nice to see.

Looks promising so far, are there any plans for other features, such as readback?

Good luck with the project!

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#3 Post by Starling »

I could be wrong but I think the fading happens when you slide the mouse off of the game. And it'll go back on as soon as you slide it back on.

Personally I like the idea of having VNs on facebook XD~ It's pretty nifty. I also wish that the voices would sound when the dialogue appeared, because it's been a while since I played Ripples and I'd forgotten it was voiced so I clicked to fast and didn't start hearing them till halfway through when I remembered.
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Topagae

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit am

#4 Post by Topagae »

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glazed Donuts
Regular

#5 Post by Glazed Donuts »

The facebook link isn't working for me.