1 Billion Rupiah Girl

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
AzerArcacia
Completed: 1 Billion Rupiah Girl
Projects: Beast Whisper

1 Billion Rupiah Girl

#1 Post by AzerArcacia »

Release Date: 1 September 2010
Genre: Slice of Life, Drama, Action, Romance, Comedy.
Engine Used: Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine (Ren'Py-6.10.2)
System requirements: Windows, Mac, Linux OS
Size: 90 MB

Language: Bahasa Indonesia / English

Story:

It was truly a bad day for Sevin. His day was so hectic for having problems and problems. Or perhaps...it was not...Until he found out a girl lying on the street...

Where to download?

you can find it here

http://renai.us/game/1brg.shtml

or alternatively, you can download it directly here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X6BW98C0

we also recruiting people here,

especially BGM composer and Coder (programmer)
EVE Project Visual Novel:

Current Project:

Beast Whispers
Untold Myth 2nd Tale: Prisoner of Ice

Finished Project:

1 Billion Rupiah Girl
Untold Myth 1st Tale: Earthbreaking Flight

fortaat
Regular

Re: 1 Billion Rupiah Girl

#2 Post by fortaat »

I played up to the Alfred part. Spoilers ahead.

Music - not so subtle midi. Turned it off after the main menu, so maybe it gets better.

Interface - Standard, which is not a bad thing. I think you should change the buttons on the main menu, since their blocky style contrasts against the stylish BG.

English - You have many mistakes, though nothing too drastic. Next time I suggest you recruit an editor from the forum.

Writing:
On more than one occasion, the characters say something in a certain tone, and then you repeat it:

Code: Select all

sevin_angry2 "Do me a favor and kill yourself, jerk!"
    n0 "I gave her a blunt response
We know it's blunt, don't repeat it.

Art:
Characters - They weren't very polished, but it seemed to fit the backgrounds, and the earthly premise. I think a more down to earth design would have helped the atmosphere, which means Sera and Rena would need a more realistic look.
The small sprites on the right corner (I forgot what they're called) were very nice, and made me smile a couple of times.

BG - they're nice, though I didn't like the filter you used.

Story:
Da BOSS - He's yelling too much, he gives punishments, and you never bothered giving him a name. I guess it was suppose to be funny, but he's way too cliche.
I can't take him seriously when he threatens to fire Sevin, which is quite a problem in a story motivated by money issues.

Sevin - I liked the guy. His comedic narration works well, and sets a proper tone for the story.

sevin_think "If I have to die, I have to die in a cool way."
"Like, suddenly a meteor fell right out of the sky and I ram a plane chock full of explosives tight into it."
sevin_angry1 "Boom! Instant hero."
Sera - Some of the things she says are creepy considering the office atmosphere. It doesn't sound like she's joking:

sera_seduce "Aww~ don't worry, I'm gonna give you a 'present' later. Do you want to stop by the 'hotel' later, hmmm?"
    n0 "Sera tried to seduce me by stroking my hair." 
Sarah - She's a classic useless female character. Without Sevin she will literally die.
I hated her.
You hinted that she's telepathic, but it reads as "Hey readers, Sarah can read minds! Don't miss this clue!".

I stopped reading when Alfred appeared, and announced the 1 Billion prize. The plot was too much of a generic anime at this point, and I wasn't motivated to keep reading.

Good luck with future releases.

PseudoAngel
Projects: 1 Billion Rupiah Girl

#3 Post by PseudoAngel »

Hi fortaat
first,thanks for playing and thanks again for the critics,we really appreciate it ;)

I won't make excuses about the crappy english,the mistakes are all mine,since we made this in a hurry,and the editors weren't available back then

I agree about the plot being too generic though,i hope we'll do better in our next project :)

Regards

Raijenki
Regular

#4 Post by Raijenki »

Ok, I just finished playing that and I kinda agree with fortaat.

English / Interface:
Lots of english errors, a v1.2 with fixes would be nice.
As for the interface, the main menu screen was pretty good, just the menu itself was bad (try using an imagemap next time).

Sound:
Main menu song was cool, and the anothers one were kinda average, not good neither bad. Just average and enough for the scene.

Art:
There were only emotion facesets. I missed others charsets. I think charsets > facesets. But the expressions of the characters (that Sevin girlfriend and Remi) were hillarious sometimes!
As for the backgrounds, they weren't realistic. But the way they were drawn / coloured was kinda interesting. I enjoyed it.

Story:
No deep development, it went too much superficial. We know nothing about Sevin's past (except he was part of the Kapak Gang), about Sarah (how the heck did she stopped like that in India?) or how Remi and her boyfriend became friends of Sevin. The characters were introduced randomly (Sevin's girlfriend was pretty bleh).

The story went smoothly in some parts (when Sevin spoke to Sarah about those people having "something" inside), but the conclusion of the story is kinda stupid. I mean... "You can throw infinite amount of dollars away, I don't need them, I'll marry you". I mean... In real life, WHO WOULD BE RETARDED TO DO IT? WOULD YOU MARRY SOMEONE YOU KNEW YESTERDAY? Even though it's a game, it's idiot!

Well, the game is mainly cliche, but, personally, I enjoyed playing it. There are another things I won't even bother commenting :P

Aquane
Veteran

#5 Post by Aquane »

Umm... Sevin? That guy.. looks like he has a deformed head... smaller nose and wider cheek and he would be normal XD Cause compared to all the other characters he stands out that way.. Though!

Great game, a few kinks sure sure, I don't feel like reviewing though XD

PseudoAngel

#6 Post by PseudoAngel »

About fixing the grammatical errors and such is exactly our problem ATM,as our best translators/editors are not available because of some real life problems :(

Perhaps for the next release,Sarah should be asking Sevin if she can move in with him? :p

Raijenki
Regular

#7 Post by Raijenki »

Perhaps for the next release,Sarah should be asking Sevin if she can move in with him? :p
I want to see Sarah without clothes :(

LordShiranai
Regular
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest

#8 Post by LordShiranai »

Raijenki wrote:The story went smoothly in some parts (when Sevin spoke to Sarah about those people having "something" inside), but the conclusion of the story is kinda stupid. I mean... "You can throw infinite amount of dollars away, I don't need them, I'll marry you". I mean... In real life, WHO WOULD BE RETARDED TO DO IT? WOULD YOU MARRY SOMEONE YOU KNEW YESTERDAY? Even though it's a game, it's idiot!
In the defense of fiction in general, plot elements that are unlikely to happen in the real world are often successfully included in stories due to suspension of disbelief. A good writer can take something which would likely not happen in the real world and present it in such a way that the audience buys it. Many visual novels have plots which are highly implausible once real world standards are applied to them. Concepts such as choosing love over money, or being spontaneous are common occurrences in many romantic stories.

Heck, go watch Sleepless in Seattle. Do you think that the events of that movie are likely to play out in real life?
Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Vermin Supreme.

Raijenki
Regular

#9 Post by Raijenki »

In the defense of fiction in general, plot elements that are unlikely to happen in the real world are often successfully included in stories due to suspension of disbelief. A good writer can take something which would likely not happen in the real world and present it in such a way that the audience buys it. Many visual novels have plots which are highly implausible once real world standards are applied to them. Concepts such as choosing love over money, or being spontaneous are common occurrences in many romantic stories.

Heck, go watch Sleepless in Seattle. Do you think that the events of that movie are likely to play out in real life?
I'll watch Sleepless in Seattle if you watch Nostalgia Critic.

Did you ever played this Visual Novel to know what I'm talking about? I'm not complaining the fact, but the way it happened.
Choosing love over money (like it happened in the VN) is okay, I don't have nothing against it. But I just don't buy the way it happened.

LordShiranai
Regular
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest

#10 Post by LordShiranai »

To answer your question, I haven't played it yet. I'll probably give it a whirl sometime this week. From what it sounds like though, I guess your disbelief was not successfully suspended.
Raijenki wrote:I'll watch Sleepless in Seattle if you watch Nostalgia Critic.
I love the Nostalgia Critic. A man who loves Animaniacs as much as I do is 100% awesome in my book.
Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Vermin Supreme.

Raijenki
Regular

#11 Post by Raijenki »

To answer your question, I haven't played it yet. I'll probably give it a whirl sometime this week. From what it sounds like though, I guess your disbelief was not successfully suspended.
Do it and then comment~

PseudoAngel

#12 Post by PseudoAngel »

Raijenki wrote: I want to see Sarah without clothes :(
me too :(

hmmm,actually,i've been thinking about having Sarah's age,bra size and height reduced,but everytime i bring that up,my fellow staff are throwing random things at me,ranging from stray cat to desks and chairs :twisted:

Anyway,jokes aside,(
well,i wasn't really joking about my previous statement,actually
)perhaps we should consider changing that part into something more realistic?any suggestions? :?:

Sleepless in Seattle And Nostalgia Critic,added to watchlist~

PS:
Quote from our Ch(i)ef
We made it for first timer vn player in indo. I know that the plot somehow generic but i believe that the presentation isn't am I rite? 'w' . Anyway, the lack of depth development because actually it's a sidestory of raisenXremi story. Well, we haven't finished that one because I'm already busy irl. Maybe someday?' or something like that.

Esphirisa
Regular

#13 Post by Esphirisa »

Hmm, just played it, I think it was pretty good, minus the parts mentioned, for example the lack of twists... the music and the grammar errors didn't affect my VN play much, so I think that those areas weren't too bad. By the way, I love the ending song played during the credits. So much so that I just had to replay the credits a couple of times(weirdo). I like how there are different languages available, and also the backgrounds. Oh, I love Remi and Raisen, and Sarah ishhhh cuteee!

Hm, I think it is fine the way it is... or maybe I watch too much anime. x.X But I do think that the ending can be improved, because it doesn't leave that much of an impact, and though I don't think it's realistic, I think it's feasible. It may be a good idea to include some flashbacks, maybe when Sevin was still in the Gang, his past with Remi & Raisen, Sarah's past when her parents were still there, how Sevin spent money on Rena... Not to forget, perhaps you want to grant Sevin's sister a name? I think it would be good to include a scene set in the future, maybe when Sarah is 20. :lol:

Well, anyway, good job! Hope to see more from you! Are you intending on releasing a new version?

PseudoAngel

#14 Post by PseudoAngel »

Esphirisa wrote:Hmm, just played it, I think it was pretty good, minus the parts mentioned, for example the lack of twists... the music and the grammar errors didn't affect my VN play much, so I think that those areas weren't too bad. By the way, I love the ending song played during the credits. So much so that I just had to replay the credits a couple of times(weirdo). I like how there are different languages available, and also the backgrounds. Oh, I love Remi and Raisen, and Sarah ishhhh cuteee!

Hm, I think it is fine the way it is... or maybe I watch too much anime. x.X But I do think that the ending can be improved, because it doesn't leave that much of an impact, and though I don't think it's realistic, I think it's feasible. It may be a good idea to include some flashbacks, maybe when Sevin was still in the Gang, his past with Remi & Raisen, Sarah's past when her parents were still there, how Sevin spent money on Rena... Not to forget, perhaps you want to grant Sevin's sister a name? I think it would be good to include a scene set in the future, maybe when Sarah is 20. :lol:

Well, anyway, good job! Hope to see more from you! Are you intending on releasing a new version?
Thanks for playing,do you want the Ending song .mp3?

We're currently brainstorming for a whole new story,a darker one,and definitely a better one than this :wink:

Don't know about the new version though,I'll have to ask the other guys,since i don't really do much in the team :)

shuten

#15 Post by shuten »

thank you for all your posts. whether it is critique or positive encouragement.

My name is shuten, and I am the storywriter for the next project

it will be darker, as the concept story goes, and will be written in a better style, we promise. and will be longer indeed.
in our defense, in the last concept it is written in indonesian so some jokes are lost in translation

but now we are going with english as primary language. and our writer and editor are prepared to do our utmost to
meet your expectation

as before, please, do support us in our next endeavor.