Koenchu! Prologue The Tale of the Voice Actress-You,the Sky

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TwilightSummer
Projects: Candy Hearts

Re: Koenchu! Prologue The Tale of the Voice Actress-You,the

#16 Post by TwilightSummer »

Wow this looks very fun!!

Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

#17 Post by Jo'ogn »

Der Tor wrote:Of course there are also many typos that are totally my own fault and that haven't been corrected. We are working on fixing it.
Definitiv! ~q:
Der Tor wrote:we have no proofreaders or beta testers for the German version at all.
[How do you get the scripts for the translation?]
In welcher Form bekommt ihr die Skripte? Es ist sicherlich nicht einfach, aber im Spiel wirkt das recht zusammengestückelt. Hinzukommen Englisch (sorry), Französisch (bon appetite) und Dialekt (Brotzeit)...
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

Ren

#18 Post by Ren »

No proofreaders or beta testers for the Italian version either... I feel your pain.

risingdreams
Regular

#19 Post by risingdreams »

Is it going to be a version in Portuguese?
icon from x_dirge_icons@LJ

Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

boring

#20 Post by Jo'ogn »

I 'played' till the point displayed by the image in the 1st post 1st row, right hand. The interview with the girl.

If you guys put so much effort into a good looking VN, why not caring about a unique plot with unique characters for a change? Until here the 'story' is pretty banal. Even mocking itself for (ab)using overused anime/manga stereotypes:

Protagonist's parents are magically away on business trips all of the time. Making me wonder that Japanese children must be very very independent and self-contained. While over here in Germany the outcries about neglected children (to the point of starving forgotten in their run down homes - no joke!) being born to girls who only accidentally became pregnant grow louder.

Mikoto's parents presumably have died (German translation claims they don't have any). I keep wondering: in Japan they do allow minors to bring up their younger siblings? Where does the money for that come from? Apart from that, Mikoto is still 'bored' enough to bother the protagonist with her daily cooking? She must be a very brave girl. No tension, or stress reflects in her personality at all.

Is there some inherent fear of parents in Japanese ppl so that they are so often avoided (or ridiculed if shown) in games and manga?!

Then of course the boy and the girl are long time childhood friends... *yawn* Translation must be a really tough job, not because of the amounts of content, but because of the amounts of triviality.

In connection to the rollback yes/no? discussion: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... f=4&t=8397
This 'game' doesn't allow rollback, but has a 'log'. I used "auto" (skipping) to save me from clicking. And sometimes a simple rollback to re-read a line I sort of missed would be much more convenient. Esp. as the log lacks a scroll bar.

Sound-wise: the general GUI click has next to the beep a low thud, that should be edited out. For anybody who uses decent speakers or headphones it's like htting them on the head every time one hovers the pointer over a menu.
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#21 Post by Der Tor »

Jo'ogn wrote:[How do you get the scripts for the translation?].
We get the script from Shirow of course (-: We are using Dropbox as well as my Forum and Wikis to collaborate. Personally I used Dragon Naturally speaking (speech to text software) for the parts that i translated because i found it more convenient and faster than having to type. But of course that then amounts to my doing the translation orally - so that had the side effect of my translation ending up with some slang words in it :lol:

The game is a Visual Novel in the truest sense as there are so many different paths and that is something that is not obvious in the demo. You find the demo mundane only because the more exciting paths are not assessable in the demo. Depending on the path you take the game can be pretty mundane or if you get a good ending you'll get famous or if you get a bad ending characters can die (or at least end up in the hospital and go crazy) or (my favorite path) you end up saving the world and rescuing some intergalactic princess :D

And yes some of the story parts are obvious spoofs of some typical anime and visual novel plots :D

So the English full version is out so you might wanna give it a try and if you help with the German translation and i will send you a copy.

Kanari
Regular

#22 Post by Kanari »

I'm kinda having trouble downloading... ^ o ^;
Well, I went to the site thingy, but I didn't know what to click on to download. @ o @;
Must be 'cause I haven't slept yet? u____________u;

EDIT; Never mind, I found it. ^ ^;;;

Celestine
Veteran

#23 Post by Celestine »

I just finished playing your game. I like it. But I have to say because I can't keep it in that Himeno girl (english verz) her voice really irritates me. :roll:
So it worked out good for me playing as Souta who doesn't like her. :lol:

I couldn't hear the radio for the Twins one well. So that was a bit of an issue. The first quiz surprised me, especially the very first Q. Since I was all set up to answer the Q's and then almost blew it. The biggest egg that was funny :lol:

But here's a couple flaws in the game though.

Mikoto voice disappears in the part after the arcade for the english. Just that scene.

In the middle of the typing quiz you can't type any longer. But I wonder if that's because I typed too fast and failed 3 times.

Also the sound of the voices go up real high and then low. So I tried to find a setting in the middle-high where it didn't sound too loud or too quiet. Also Mikoto and Rino voice are really low. So kinda hard to hear them. This is the english speaking dialouge though that I played so I don't know about the japanese verz.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#24 Post by ririruetoo »

Um.... I can't find a site to download from..........

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#25 Post by sake-bento »

thebullet

#26 Post by thebullet »

I just finished playing the prologue, and the game looks well done and a lot of fun:D

I also kept getting errors during the typing game, an error mentioning an .ogg file, perhaps a file missing. It seems to happen whenever I run into an odd character(like an A with a box around it), or after like the 4th-5th word.

What I've been unable to find out is, has the game been finished or is it still in development?
The english website doesn't have much info and the translations of the japanese one aren't really helping either. I've been trying to find it, but all I run into is the demo, no links to shops selling the full version.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#27 Post by gekiganwing »

thebullet wrote:What I've been unable to find out is, has the game been finished or is it still in development?
The english website doesn't have much info and the translations of the japanese one aren't really helping either. I've been trying to find it, but all I run into is the demo, no links to shops selling the full version.
Good question. According to what I see on the Visual Novel Database, the original Japanese edition was finished in 2008. There's been some partial translated editions since then, and complete versions are still listed as "to be announced."

But to be honest, I posted in this thread because I just saw some seemingly good news on Encubed ( http://novelnews.net/2011/06/28/la-area ... r-tailgate ). According to the article, Zero Zigen staff "...are actually coming to Anime Expo this year to sell an English/Spanish/Japanese trilingual release in their Artist Alley booth located in Row C."

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#28 Post by sake-bento »

They've actually been adding more content like other paths and stuff, so there's more than the demo version here. I think it's still in development, but they release online patches for anyone who buys it.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by gekiganwing »

It's been a while since there was news from Zero Zigen. But this morning, I happened to be browsing the worksafe side of DLSite, and it looks like a multi-lingual version of Koenchu *might* be available for sale at http://www.dlsite.com/eng/work/=/produc ... 87885.html . There isn't very much information, so I could be mistaken.

Still trying to figure out if the creators themselves are posting updates. As of this writing, the URL zerozigen.com doesn't seem to be working, but I had no trouble accessing zerozigen.us.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#30 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Hi! this game looks really professional. I tried downloading the demo, but it says the link is broken!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"