Memories of No One

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Moonlog

Memories of No One

#1 Post by Moonlog »

"Ladies and Gentlehens - oops, I mean gentlemen, I come before you to stand behind you and tell you about something I know nothing about." ~ Two Dead Boys

That sounds about the right description for what I am about to say. Despite knowing very little about Renpy or Python (some of you may have seen me popping my head around the forums.) I decided to make a Renpy game. That was two days ago.

It's about ten minutes(I'm assuming, it took me about five minutes but I read five words a second), has two endings and nine menus, there are two characters, you(James) and a girl (Ella) played by the Tsuina character set (some of you have probably seen that one around). To be clear, neither ending is particularly bad, in fact the bad end may be great therapy for the good end.

A short summary:
A young boy ventures to a bridge which is isolated from his town, only to discover somebody is there.

I would say this is a short
horror
/romance, and probably better formatted as a longer game with better characters and actually artwork, but then again, I'd say this is pretty good for a game designed and made in three days. The ending is maybe a bit cliche and there are several hints towards it
or are there...?
Ignore me, I think I have a twist nobody will see coming and it gets to my head.
Hints:
Ella always plays rock. Always.
An explanation of the title: the no one has to do with the ending, because if you died and everyone you knew died, you would be a no one because who would know who you are? Yet somebody does... hence the title.
(There may be some spelling errors I didn't catch, but it's been through lint so many times I can't feel my fingers anymore.)

Everyone feel free to reprimand me, I would deserve it.

So anyway, here you guys go:
Memories of No One-win32.zip
(39.36 MiB) Downloaded 301 times
Memories of No One-linux-x86.tar.bz2
(34.76 MiB) Downloaded 44 times
Memories of No One-mac.zip
(42.49 MiB) Downloaded 68 times

Moonlog

Re: Memories of No One

#2 Post by Moonlog »

Wait, I'm an idiot. (Files above are going to make it impossible to get any ending but good due to jankenpon.)

Heres files with that error fixed. Sorry people who already uploaded it! :oops:
Memories of No One-mac.zip
(42.49 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
Memories of No One-win32.zip
(39.36 MiB) Downloaded 197 times
Memories of No One-linux-x86.tar.bz2
(34.76 MiB) Downloaded 45 times

Phosis
Regular
Projects: The Polaris Account, The Color Of Misery

#3 Post by Phosis »

I thought the presentation was very good. But the dialogue felt kind of all over the place for me, and awkward to read through. Both characters just seemed kind of bi-polar.

The font was nice, the music was nice, the art was nice. I don't know if this was placeholder stuff or what, but it was really good looking. I played the first version you uploaded, so I ran into a few errors, but I am sure they have been fixed already.
If you made the effort to attempt to read this, you have far too much time on your hands. Good job, slacker.

Moonlog

#4 Post by Moonlog »

^

Got it! Get chars some medicine for that!
(As a side note, Ella supposed to be a little bipolar, because seriously, she broke the universes since it should be impossible for her to go to that many universes. Plus it makes the game harder because you don't know whats going to make her mad.)