The Case of the Mysterious stalker

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran
Completed: Case of the missing bracelet, Case of the mysterious stalker
Projects: Horror/fantasy
Organization: Kaboyashi Square

The Case of the Mysterious stalker

#1 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

It's finally finished and I do mean finally! It's been how long........a year? Long enough I'd say and after all the hold ups and bridges to cross it's done and ready for download! I hope you all enjoy it.

The story starts off in the fall from the last game, which puts Ichigo at senior year. So it's been a long summer..well maybe not long enough lol but a lot has changed since we last saw the characters.( All of the characters from the first game are included along with some new faces) Now for the story: Senior year Ichigo returns to school and just after a few warm welcomes and a few odd ones a mysterious stalker appears attacking the girls on campus and Seiji is accused of being the stalker! Now Ichigo has to uncover the truth, day by day the stalker's crimes grow more violent and time it running out. Is Seiji innocent or has he crossed the line?
Attachments
Seiji star.jpg
stalker case-linux-x86.tar.bz2
(52.28 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
stalker case-mac.zip
(54.67 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
stalker case.zip
(52.19 MiB) Downloaded 636 times

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: The Case of the Mysterious stalker

#2 Post by azureXtwilight »

Aaaaah, I like dectective games :D

The good side, it entertains me, and I can say I'm rooting for Seiji. :D
The not-so good side, it's pretty obvious to guess :3 and you can work your grammar for a bit.

Thank you for the nice little game~ :D

vasudaprime

#3 Post by vasudaprime »

Firstly, congrats on getting this finished. It was a rather fun game to play :). I'll wrap my thoughts in a spoiler tag, just so I don't inadvertently write something outside that I shouldn't.
Good points:
  • The personalities of each of the characters. They seemed distinct from each other and not clones. I liked Kagome's the most - thoughtful and slightly witty :).
  • How the clues were bought into the story, allowing the reader to start to guess at who the culprit might be.
  • How Mitsuomi tried to direct Ichigo's attention on Seiji, and away from himself and Tetsuya.
  • The conversational jokes that came up every so often (e.g. the references to Ichigo & Nanako's relationship). They provided a contrast to the 'darker' plot.
  • The plot for the most part felt believable.
Not-so-good points:
  • A few spelling mistakes. I should've listed these down (sorry), but one of the possible ones was: Sendi. Was that supposed to be Sendai?
  • Grammar: There were quite a few run-on sentences, which made the reading difficult. A few more commas or periods would have helped; this was most apparent when Ichigo's thoughts were on screen.
Some misc thoughts:
  • As far as I can tell, Ichigo found out that Sayu was impregnated by Mr. Azuma from the school records. Does that mean that Sayu (or rather her family) never pressed charges against the teacher? Or did the case go to court and he was found (wrongly?) innocent? If he was found guilty he would surely be anywhere but in that school (i.e. in jail).
  • How long would Tetsuya be able to keep his cool with the police and not own up to being hired by Mitsuomi? I'm guessing not very long when Mitsuomi was bought in. ;)
Anyway, as I said I enjoyed the story, and if the grammar was more polished it would have been a perfect release.

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran

#4 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

Thanks you guys for playing and I am glad that you enjoyed it.
AzureXtwilight it may have been easy to guess "who done it?" but I think you're just good at mysteries my friend. :wink:

Vasudaprime you are correct I did mean to say Sendai, thanks for pointing that out. As for Mr.Azuma and Sayu, the story did make the school newspaper so I'd say the case made it to court. Mr.Azuma did keep his job so the court had to have ruled in his favor.

Tetsuya is an interesting character, he likes nothing more than to hear his name called. He wants all the glory and fame from the crimes. Although, when Mitsuomi arrives things may take a darker turn because when it comes down to it he's just as egotistical as Tetsuya.

My personal thoughts::

The good-
A big part of writing this story was to make sure that the characters were "alive." I didn't want to have two main characters and have the rest mirror's of each other. I didn't want that and I didn't want to base my characters after someone else's or at least not to the point to where the reader could tell where the idea came from. So for those reasons I'm glad that I was about to create enjoyable characters for the game.

I realized early on that the story was going to be dark so I wanted to add in a little comedy to lighten the mood a bit. That isn't always a good idea because inserting comedy at the wrong time, or too much could kill the mood for the rest of the game. I felt that it needed something because I think poor Seiji and Ichigo were about to lose their minds and Kagome wasn't helping.

The most important part of the story for me was to make sure it was believable. Before the cruel intentions and comical characters I had to be sure that there wasn't any loose threads in the story. (At least I hope not) I have my own demons about the story (read below) but I think I was able to create something somewhat mysterious and enjoyable.

The Not-so-good

I admit it, I goofed. Somewhere during the time when I wasn't working on it part of the story got lost. I'm still not sure what was written or what happened to it but I had to go back and revise the story. I think I was able to keep all the key points but I believe I'm missing a scene or two.

I really didn't want to make Nanako into the perfect little girl-next-door type but I couldn't think of any way for her to be included since Kagome was helping Ichigo with the case. I suppose I could have had three leads but there wasn't enough clues for all three of them to find. Adding to that I wanted to add in the possibility that Ichigo could have ended up with Kagome.

Lastly I did want to make the game more interactive. I wanted a more active approach to finding the clues but I suck at programming.

I do have a few questions.

Did anyone get the "perfect" or "love" ending? There are three good endings and one really bad one.

Kagome is Vasudaprime's favorite character, does anyone else have a different one?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#5 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ooooh, I geddit! :D

I like Kagome too and think Ichigo and her make a good pair :D

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran

#6 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

Well that's two for Kagome, anyone else? No one liked spunky little Hanabi? haha

Qookies
Regular

#7 Post by Qookies »

Who would like Hanabi??? :lol:
To be honest I liked YennieXSeiji. And Yennie hid Seiji in her room! Totally amazing!
I got friends ending,love ending and death ending. What's the perfect one?

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran

#8 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

Yennie and Seiji, what a pair they make. Hide the blonde! Yennie surprised everyone with that but now she has to deal with Nanako. haha

I'm not sure if it's titled "perfect" or "forever" but after making the right choices you will get the ending right after the "love" ending.

Here's another pic for you guys, I was going to use this for the menu screen but changed my mind later on.
Attachments
Menua.jpg

Mr.L

#9 Post by Mr.L »

Fun game it was better than I thought it would be. Good work there.

I thought Ichigo was going to get with Kagome when she came to his room wearing nothing but a shirt. I also thought that Seiji was going to end up with Kumiko since he was always drooling over her.

Kanari
Regular

#10 Post by Kanari »

Currently downloading. xD
Excitement fills my entire body... *0*
Or rather... My... Laptop? e_____________e;

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran

#11 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

I'm glad that you liked it, I figured I'd put in a few triangles just to see what people thought.

Mr.L

#12 Post by Mr.L »

I got the Forever ending so that must be it. It was sooo cute reminds me of the first game.

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran

#13 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

Yea you are right that is the "perfect" ending. I forgot what I named it. lol
You know the old saying... girls will be girls haha.