Be A man

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ak5shays

Be A man

#1 Post by Ak5shays »

Dating Sim Visual Novel Game
Storyline:
You interpret the role of a young man who fell in love with a beautiful woman.
Help him to get to the woman.
Play Time ~ 15 - 30 minutes
Endings:3
Platform:Ren'py
Playable on windows, mac, linux
Credit goes to Ak5shays

Download Highly Compressed file:
mirror 1: http://games.renpy.org/game/be-a-man
mirror 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?k578d6l68ek23

Find more info at

http://santabb.friendhood.net/
Last edited by Ak5shays on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Be A man

#2 Post by papillon »

Purely on basis of the title, I'm scared. :)

(okay, must download now)

Edit: Mmm, so, my guess was wrong. Based on nuances of language and common phrases (because "Be a man!" is often something said by people who dislike women and promote a certain kind of aggressive masculinity as the best thing ever) I was guessing that this would be either a very vulgar, raunchy, Newgrounds style story loaded with that kind of masculine behavior, OR a parody in which you played a character attempting to be 'manly' and failing miserably at his goals.

Instead I get the impression that your English skills are not quite that nuanced and the title just means that it's a game where you play as a male character.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#3 Post by LVUER »

There's a show in my country also titled "Be A Man!". In that TV show, men who "aren't too man" are participate in military-like drill and try to... be a man!

I instantly though you are making similar game... It's my fault I know, for making asumption ^_^ I'll download it sometime later.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Applegate »

Swift as a coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon?

It's not bad for a first attempt, but there is definite room for improvement. The character art was nice.

salis
Regular
Projects: Too many~!

#5 Post by salis »

First, congratulations on completing your first visual novel! It wasn’t bad for what it was, but as Applegate said, there’s definitely room for improvement. The overall feeling of the game feels rushed, so here’s a list of a few things you might want to work on:

It was a nice, short story, but there are some typos and mistakes in the dialogue, such as I usually earn money by doing occasional job like being a clown in a kid birthday party. and “She had a meeting to attend to”, that’s wierd.

The art was nice too, but the image of the “unkown girl” in the window doesn’t match the girl’s sprite, which is a little confusing.

Some of the backgrounds were also a bit jarring since the “roof” background was bright pink and blue and the “café” was pixelated. Filters on photos are nice, but try to make them less intense next time.

Also, I played through the game and got all three endings under 5 minutes, and that includes reading the opening tutorial on how to progress through the story. However, I still had fun! Keep working at it and I hope you make more visual novels in the future!
ImageImageImage
If you'd like to contact me, please email me at: sal.com@live.com