~ Black Pencil ~

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ren

#76 Post by Ren »

Oh, wow!
The style is really cute:3Kinda shoujo manga-ish(my fav) and some particulars like the background page make it look like a professional manga.
Gotta love the girl's eyes>_<;;

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#77 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

I think we're all in agreement here Sunshine- it looks completely awesome!!! You're really talented!

How about linking all of the images in HTML, so you can go directly from one image to the next?

Ren

#78 Post by Ren »

I agree, also if you're interested, i know some comic hosting services:
http://www.smackjeeves.com/ <---Found at the onlinecomics.net, don't know much about it yet...
http://www.comicgenesis.com/ <---Hosts Cursed Wings by Hiromi °w°
http://www.drunkduck.com/ <---This had some problems lately though

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#79 Post by Blue Lemma »

I really like the little cute chibi-ish panels on the last page, too \ ^o^ /
And the fact that mikey likes it even though Yuki isn't wearing glasses means that you are a *really* good manga-ka, snowshine :wink:

Taavimon
Regular

#80 Post by Taavimon »

Yay, more excellent Black Pencil adaptation by snowshine! Keep up the good work.

snowshine
Regular

#81 Post by snowshine »

I feel very happy that all you liked this manga. :oops:

Thanks to PyTom, I edited the previous four pages. He made me realize that exact storyline is very important. It makes this story become more beautiful. Thank you PyTom :)

"How about linking all of the images in HTML, so you can go directly from one image to the next?" This is good idea. I'll do it.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#82 Post by PyTom »

snowshine wrote:Thanks to PyTom, I edited the previous four pages. He made me realize that exact storyline is very important. It makes this story become more beautiful. Thank you PyTom :)
No thanks necessary. I'm just happy I was able to be a part of turning this from something merely very good into something great.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#83 Post by mikey »

I made a "secret" page for this manga on the ATP website until it's completed (then it will be official), so when new images come out, I'll add them and so on. I am also thinking about a slideshow option when the manga is finished, but I'll have to see whether that will work in the design concept. Generally though, I'd like to have it as a zipped download later on.

http://atp.manga.sk/games/bpm/bpm.htm

A question for snowshine, are there any bigger images than the ones we have now? With higher resolution? Because the manga is really beautiful, I'm thinking that perhaps in PNG format they could be a bit larger and all the nice details and big scenes would stand out even more. I wouldn't mind an increase in size because I think we could definitely find a balance between size and picture quality.

PyTom>> Hmmm... what was the "exact storyline"? Was there a problem? I can only think of one, maybe... PM me! :P

BlueLemma>> It's exactly that. Black Pencil was about a certain feeling (loneliness), it had its atmosphere and the point (e4). So it's really exciting to see that essence of the game present in the manga. Yuki's glasses weren't the defining factor here (They actually never are, it's just something I like to add to the games for reasons... I don't even know, it's just me ^_^)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#84 Post by rioka »

Have you guys ever considered she may not have glasses on becuase she's wearing contacts? ;)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#85 Post by mikey »

eclipse wrote:Have you guys ever considered she may not have glasses on becuase she's wearing contacts? ;)
Ah yes, I forgot... that's the River Trap solution :P :P

snowshine
Regular

#86 Post by snowshine »

WOW! WOW! :shock: THAT SITE YOU MADE IS GREAT!! I LOVE YOU MIKEY!!

Yes, I have bigger images with higher resolution. What size do you want? Will I make it in format PNG?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#87 Post by PyTom »

snowshine wrote:Will I make it in format PNG?
PNG is probably a better format for your manga then jpg, as I'm seeing noticable artifacts on the jpg version. The way jpg works makes it really hard to do a white to black (or black to white) transition without "ringing", which manifests itself as a halo of artifacts around any sharp line.

If you do decide to go with PNG, it's best to convert the file to grayscale before saving it. (Why save three colors worth of information when one color will do?)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#88 Post by mikey »

snowshine>> I'm glad you like it!

About the resolution, maybe 800 x (something) would be nice, now they are I think 620 x (something). As PyTom said, there are those blurry artifacts in the pictures because of the JPG compression. If you want, you can also send me the original files and I can try to experiment with them. But I don't want to distract you from drawing, so maybe it's best that we worry about the size and quality when it's all done. I can't wait for the next set of pages ^_^.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#90 Post by musical74 »

I looked through the latest set of pages, snowshine...it looks REALLY great! :) Can really sense the battles he has within himself...everything looks great =)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.