~ Black Pencil ~

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

~ Black Pencil ~

#1 Post by mikey »

edit: you can get Black Pencil here:
http://www.manga.sk/atp/index.html

I am happy to announce, that my very own game project "~ Black Pencil ~" is nearing completion. The game's elements as such are 100% finished and working (gameplay, story, characters and backgrounds) and currently, assembling and editing is underway. As soon as that is finished, the game will be released.

The game is a "bishoujo noir manga" game, I hope you like this concept. It features 5 endings and 14 paths. Estimated playtime is 30 minutes, no save function. Estimated size will be around 30 MB.

Wish us luck, I'll keep you updated.
Last edited by mikey on Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#2 Post by chronoluminaire »

Wow! Looks very cool!
Did you do all the art and programming yourself?? The sample of character art is very impressive.

Very best of luck! Looks like you've got most of the hard bit done. I thoroughly look forward to seeing the game!

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#3 Post by Blue Lemma »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

*drool*

8)

BlackSpider
Regular

#4 Post by BlackSpider »

Looks very nice :).
Wish you all the luck you need :).

Jerails
Veteran

#5 Post by Jerails »

A quote from "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" during an Adam and Eve segment: *Adam turns to face Eve for the first time..* "...DAMN!!"

Now I must ask...where will be avaliable for download? I'm certain Angelfire will kill you mercilessy if you even do so much as host a patch for the game on there...
It's been a while, folks!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by mikey »

15.1.2004, 04:05 CET, ~ Black Pencil ~ is now completely finished and playable!

Now comes the bad news, I will not be able to post/upload the game immediately. Although it has only around 12 MB packed, which is considerably smaller than I expected, I still need access to a broadband connection. Expect it this weekend or early next week.

Oh, man, I'm really devastated. I need some serious sleep...

KOE
Regular

#7 Post by KOE »

Can't wait to try it out!

Eiji
Regular

#8 Post by Eiji »

why dont you see if you can host the d-load on something like Filefront?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by mikey »

Well, unbelievably enough, I have managed to pack it into 3.8 MB, so I'll give it a shot at Angelfire. I'm uploading it as I write this, so hopefully it will be up some time soon. I'll keep you updated.

One thing, I'll just copy this from the readme. Please read it before playing, as the game doesn't utilize a "real" engine and some elements like saving and back do not exist. Also, ESC kills your whole game, so be wary. Better do not touch the keyboard at all. ^_^ I have test-played it and it took me about 20 minutes. A lot of the game relies on atmosphere, so just take your time reading ^_^.

Okie, the rules:

1. The game has no SAVE function. You have to play it all at once. Average playtime can be around 30 minutes.

2. Click ONCE to advance to the next screen. No double-click, as this might quickly bypass a screen. Since there's no BACK function, you will not be able to re-read the information unless you replay the game. Be careful.

3. The ESC key will exit the game. Keep this in mind, as an accidental pressing might ruin your game and you'll have to start over.

When you get to play it, please tell me if it has any bugs, I've tested it on XP and the fonts do not show antialiasing, whereas on Win98 it works. But that's not even a bug. Hope Blue Lemma doesn't mind using his forum for these things. It is just that I haven't found a kind of a "meeting place" for us guys anywhere else.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by mikey »

Finally! It's up, enjoy and tell me what you think. Well, see below...
Last edited by mikey on Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jerails
Veteran

#11 Post by Jerails »

Whoa, in ten hours, it's gone. Taken because of some Terms of Service regulations. Are you certain you read that thing? I don't believe Angelfire allows hosting certain programs. Well, anyway, perhaps you can try to ask around to see if any will allow you to host the game on their site? And...well, I'm not even going there, too risky. But I'm certain there has got to be another way to get it out, ya?
It's been a while, folks!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by mikey »

Whah, they sure are fast. Okie, I'll get to work then.

Grey
Veteran

#13 Post by Grey »

I can host the files temporarily for a while if you like, as I've got some spare space on my site, and I managed to download all the files yesterday.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by mikey »

That'd be great, if you can, just make it available for the time being, I'll try to find a way to host it on a stable site. Thanks!

Grey
Veteran

#15 Post by Grey »

No problem 8)

Just download all these then run the exe file:

BlackPencil.part01.exe
BlackPencil.part02.rar
BlackPencil.part03.rar
BlackPencil.part04.rar