~ Black Pencil ~

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Re: ~ Black Pencil ~

#151 Post by mikey »

It's not as "round" as LSF@5, but looking at the date, I realized today is the 4th anniversary of my first game - the beginning, so to say, for me. So I'm remembering it with this post. :)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#152 Post by monele »

Happy Birthday, eh? :)

vnr4

#153 Post by vnr4 »

Black Pencil reviewed at VNR4.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#154 Post by mikey »

Thank you for reviewing the game. Also, thank you for the views on the VN medium as such. It's actually right now that in the process of making a game which is very dear to me when comments like those - about accepting a VN for what it is - help me. With more time passing and a larger community, it costs more and more energy to not lose track of why one does what he does.

Also, the memories... that engine is actually a CD menu building program that was completely re-purposed by Jet, that sprite of Yuki I got from Magic after I sent a mail to random artists - and he was the only one to reply, even though shortly after he disappeared and I've been trying to contact him ever since. And I remember all the rainy walks with my wife when I took most of the pictures for the story during our vacation in London.

I'm happy to be making games. It's the one thing that completes me, and it all started with this one. So thanks once again - and it seems you've caught me in a really emotional mood today. :oops:

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#155 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

...finally...

...I finally beat it...
...I finally saved Yuki.

Thank you so much for writing this game.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#156 Post by mikey »

Tsundere Lightning wrote:Thank you so much for writing this game.
And thank you for playing it.
And having the patience to play through until ending 4 (if I remember the number right... it's been a while ^_^)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#157 Post by mikey »

So, (now) traditionally, I am remembering the 5th anniversary of the release of my first game. Thank you to everyone who were so kind as to leave some comments or show support, for this game, or the other ones that I did with my teams. And to all who have at one point or another worked with me - I wish there was a better way of saying it than with just some simple words, but I hope you know I really mean them - thank you.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#158 Post by mikey »

I would like to thank Dis and his friends for translating Black Pencil to Hungarian.

It's a special feeling when someone takes the time to work with something someone else has created, and I really feel honored to have the game translated.

I have put it under the following link:
http://atp.manga.sk/pages/bpencil.htm#bphu

Thank you again for all the effort, and all the best for all your future projects!

WiseSilent

#159 Post by WiseSilent »

Nice manga...but the ending make me super sad :( . Oh ya, the ~Black Pencil~ game how do you get the 5/5 ending??? I tested and get 1/5, 3/5, 4/5 ending randomly.
ISTJ English Editor