Zenith Chronicles Demo Contest!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Machus
Regular
Completed: Haircuts, 99 Luftballons

Re: Zenith Chronicles Demo Contest!

#16 Post by Machus »

No Linux version?

Looks like I'll have to try it in Wine...
I'm available as a proofreader, just PM me. Thanks!

~Mau

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#17 Post by Blue Lemma »

Megumi: Huh, interesting info. Didn't know that about Amazon! As for your skill with shooting games, were you able to beat it on easy? It helps to remember that the girl riding Dain is the only vulnerable part of him, so just keep her tiny little body out of harm's way and you'll be safe :) You don't need to keep Dain's whole body out of the way (that would be a nightmare!)

Machus: Let me know if you have success with that please :)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Machus
Regular

#18 Post by Machus »

No luck with WINE.

I'd try a Virtual Machine but I don't wanna go to the trouble of setting one up.

~Mau

Megumi
Regular
Projects: Love Buffet

#19 Post by Megumi »

@Blue Lemma: XD I just wanted to tell you in case the winner is from Spain or something. Because he/she would basically have $20 without using it. A waste.

I have serious problem of eye-hand coordination. XD I died twice on easy. XDDDDDD By the 3rd time, I had basically learnt the places of the monsters. Easier for dodging.

Seriously. Missiles = Evil. I don't know how people enjoys that because I become like this: (ノ ゚Д゚)ノ ======= ┻━━┻
(Even when I was a kid, the 'avoid the missiles, don't let your space boat get hit!' thing was too hard and made me Oo".)

And if there are too many missiles? I get sick. (..no really, like carsick.)

:3 The design was nice though. Dragons~<3
La vie est un rêve, c'est le réveil qui nous tue.

Love Buffet

To read about (crackish) reviews for otome games, click here.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#20 Post by LVUER »

If there's too many missiles, you avoid them like crazy, gunning them down in the progress... in Macross style ^_^ (jk)

I've download the file but it corrupts whenever I try to install it. I'll re-download the file again when I have a chance.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#21 Post by Blue Lemma »

Megumi wrote:And if there are too many missiles? I get sick. (..no really, like carsick.)
Eek! Those games with hundreds of missiles at a time can be overwhelming, so I tried to not go that route.

machus: Darn :( Thanks for letting me know how it went, though.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Ketil

#22 Post by Ketil »

Machus wrote:No luck with WINE.

I'd try a Virtual Machine but I don't wanna go to the trouble of setting one up.
It's not really difficult to set it up in wine. But you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, and/or Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. At least two of them. Winetricks should be able to do it easily.

I use crossover office as I don't want to compile it myself on gentoo, but for unsupported applications, especially applications like this one, is a bit easier to figure out in pure wine.

Machus
Regular

#23 Post by Machus »

Ketil wrote: It's not really difficult to set it up in wine. But you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, and/or Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. At least two of them. Winetricks should be able to do it easily.

I use crossover office as I don't want to compile it myself on gentoo, but for unsupported applications, especially applications like this one, is a bit easier to figure out in pure wine.
The problem is that, when it comes to source code and manually configuring a program, I'm not very good with tweaking around settings and stuff.

~Mau

Ketil

#24 Post by Ketil »

Machus wrote:
The problem is that, when it comes to source code and manually configuring a program, I'm not very good with tweaking around settings and stuff.
This should work(in console)

Code: Select all

wget http://winetricks.org/winetricks
sh winetricks  vcrun6   vcrun2005  vcrun2008
After the second command you should be able to run Zenith Chronicles Demo.