Neko no Naku Koro ni

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Norenche
Completed: Neko no Naku Koro ni: Chapter 1

Neko no Naku Koro ni

#1 Post by Norenche »

PROLOGUE

“Himuro Mountain, January 1970”

-Come on, hold on, everything will be all right, push, push!

Some say that in this world, everything is connected and everything has it's reason. A butterfly can move his wings in the Amazonas and its effect can be seen on the other side of the world.

-I can see her head, Oh, my lord, it's...! Keep pushing, darling!

But, how many flaps does it take to unleash a tragedy?

-Only a bit more...

How many tragedies does it take to erase it? Maybe the anwser is easier than you may think.

In an isolated mountain, in the middle of a brutal snowstorm, a baby cries. Right away, the cats cry. When cats cry, blood flows then, and the flesh exists no more.

Everything can be explained, and, if cats hadn't cried, if blood hadn't flown... maybe that person and that girl wouldn't have met far away from there, and they wouldn't shared their laughs at good times... nor cries on bad times.

Then, who can assure us that five years after that it would happen a "small tragedy" by those small flaps? Those unheard cries fed the sadness?

Death or... lethargy? The silent screams of the heart home a big question and, at the same time, want to live again. A lament sounds in the head of that tired and old body. Then, another power is born, an empty body wich cries in silence and seeks power to fill it.

Happyness, Celebration, Society. Everything in that place made by cries. And the cries are heard again, and then, the blood flows again. Seas and seas of blood fill every room of that dommed place and the tragedy is over the place. But nothing happens.

Time pass for everyone and to everyone death awaits, now death came for a person, and to get it from there, blood must flow again...

More blood for the Gods of Blood.

Do you think that you can avoid tragedy, that you can change your destiny?

You think so?

Then I dare you to try...

Neko no Naku Koro ni is a spanish Kinetic Novel with lots of references to several games, mangas and anime. Right now it's only in spanish but we are looking for a translator (to translate it to english) who also knows how Ren'Py works (I'm not in the mood to rewrite all again).

Right now we have the first chapter out of 8 done and released, every chapter is a standalone game, but to understand everything you'll need to go through all 8 chapters.

More info on our blog (it's in spanish): http://nekononakukoroni.blogspot.com/

Writing: Xenógrafo & Norenche
Coding: Norenche
Art: pululon

Norenche

Re: Neko no Naku Koro ni

#2 Post by Norenche »

You have now on the blog a brief description (in spanish, again) of all workers on Bukijito Hotel.

http://nekononakukoroni.blogspot.com/20 ... hotel.html

Also, I'm looking for a translator (spanish to english) who is up to translate a big amount of text (35 pages on word, and it's only the first chapter).

Liminality
Regular
Projects: Sorayume no Kaze BxG VN

#3 Post by Liminality »

Norenche wrote: Also, I'm looking for a translator (spanish to english) who is up to translate a big amount of text (35 pages on word, and it's only the first chapter).
I don't know any Spanish, but if you'd like, I'll ask my friend when he gets back from Mexico if he wants to help you out with that. I definitely can't make any promises since I'm basically just stepping up and volunteering about the only Spanish-speaking person I'm friendly with, but I'll definitely ask him since this project interests me. He might see it as good multilingual writing experience.

Might I ask why you can't translate it yourself, though?

What's the compensation for a translator, especially for such a large project?

How does this differ from the "real" no Naku Koro ni series? Like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and Umineko no Naku Koro ni? What makes this special, especially since it's not made by the same commercial company and therefore doesn't have the same aura we've come to love from the series?
Zuzu of Liminality Project
Game in Progress
Sorayume no Kaze: B x G
See Here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=8627

Norenche

#4 Post by Norenche »

It's not that I can't, it's just that I'm not in the mood, I just finished coding it and we are working on the next chapter, if I must translate and recode all I'l end up crazy.

Since the game itself is a non profit game, I think we can't afford any kind of compensation apart from appear on the credits.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the interest and if he is willing to do it just b/c he wants to, I'll be really thankful, but I won't, obviously, be angry if we doesn't want and I won't force anyone to help :P

About the reference on the "When they cry" series. It's just that we love those two histories and we wanted to make a game that was like those two, a mistery driven history through several chapters, everyone on them rather independent from the other but with an explanation on why there are 8 chapters (wich we can't say yet, you'll know in time). Also, here we don't use any actual character made by 07th Expansion (except two characters in the end of the first chapter, as an epilogue) but we make references to them (like Bakemo Irie, with a lot of similarities with Irie from Higurashi). The whole story behind the game is all new, but as I said, whe make a LOT of references to those two series as well as mangas, anime and othjer games.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#5 Post by Coren »

Sad it's only in Spanish so far. Hmm, When The Cats Cry? I look forward to it. XD

I can understand the Higurashi references, but what's with the School Days references? It seems a bit out of place.

Norenche

#6 Post by Norenche »

We just love it (specially, its bad ends). We tend to use "some" violence against our characters, and also, we love yanderes.

GodTiger

#7 Post by GodTiger »

well I can't wait for it to get translated.

If it were in Italian I could help... seeing how English is my first languege and I've been in Italy for many years now, but grammar may be my achilles' heel.

I love famade game for the When They Cry series XD!