Secret Santa

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: Secret Santa

#16 Post by sake-bento »

I'm happy to see an updated version. I played the original, and I've been waiting rather impatiently for this since then. XD I merged your threads just to keep things neat. Feel free to edit your first post with the new build.

salis
Regular
Projects: Too many~!

#17 Post by salis »

I gave Secret Santa several play-throughs, and it looks like all the errors have been fixed! Yay! Congratulations, EternalDream, on finishing your first VN! Secret Santa is an awesome VN to start with.

The story is adorable, funny, and uplifting! I really love all the characters and their personalities, and the Secret Santa concept is very creative. The challenge to find which gift Haruta likes best kept me playing until I got the “good” ending, so I was definitely hooked. :wink:

The art is really great! The light color palette is nice and easy on the eyes and adds a cheery and pleasant atmosphere to the game. All of the sprites and character designs were equally engaging and expressive. There were a few minor consistency problems, but overall, definitely a job well done!

You have such a wonderful writing style and it kept me reading more. I was impressed with the dialogue between the characters, especially between the MC and Sol, since it felt natural and fluid. There were some typos throughout the game, which gave it a bit of a rushed feeling, but it didn’t detract from the story. (Oh, and just so you know, Akio’s name doesn’t appear when he’s talking during the “good” ending.)

Secret Santa is a delightful little visual novel and I really enjoyed playing it. I’m looking forward to playing your next VN! You’ve gotta give us more! :D
Last edited by salis on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
If you'd like to contact me, please email me at: sal.com@live.com

machinist
Regular

#18 Post by machinist »

awesome just got a good ending
that was cute!
i hope you make other games as well in the future :D

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by SusanTheCat »

This is what I liked about the good ending
Haruta doesn't just claim his undying love for her. He acts more realistically. YAY!
Great story overall.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

DaR
Regular

#20 Post by DaR »

The good ending was adorable, and the okay ending (I see it as okay) was cute as well.
Over all, this was a pretty awesome VN. Congrats on finishing it! :D
I support Mr. Darcy~ <3

ixWishing
Veteran

#21 Post by ixWishing »

i rarely post any comments, but
i have to say, this VN is one of the best that I've seen ~ c: .
i'm excited to know your next project <3
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Esphirisa
Regular

#22 Post by Esphirisa »

LOL this is getting a little ridiculous. Right before I opened the game file, I was thinking up names in case I had to enter one(bingo)... I came up with "Yakumo", " Haruka" and "Nami" (I watch too much animes...) Soon after, I found out "my" best friend is Nami, "my" crush is Haruta... IS THIS WHAT THEY CALL A COINCIDENCE?

Okay... anyway, putting that aside, I had some difficulty reading orange words on the pink background. I think it was when the teacher was speaking. I liked the character profiles a lot. Especially because
Haruta's birthday is on Valentines'
. Rin's and Sol's profiles were painful for the eyes, though. As for the CG Gallery, it lets me know what paths I haven't gone down yet, and having stuff to unlock always makes the game more exciting. Plus every time I see the CGs, I'll start grinning like a(n) pervert idiot. However, it would be nice to have a music gallery. I loved it a lot, the dialogue, like mentioned, is really fluid and makes me feel like I'm "in" the story. The characters are really cute too :3

Then there's some grammatical, spelling blah blah mistakes. They're really minor, but I thought I ought to mention them. Here are some:

Nami - "Oh, by the way, if anyone happends to ask..."

"There are certain classes that student sin different grades get to study together in"

"It would've been over if you didn't leand me a hand back there."

Have a Happy New Year!

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#23 Post by EternalDream »

(Oh, and just so you know, Akio’s name doesn’t appear when he’s talking during the “good” ending.)
Hm... no idea why that happens... <.<;;
This is what I liked about the good ending
Haruta doesn't just claim his undying love for her. He acts more realistically. YAY!
Yeah, I felt that that part needed to change XD
i have to say, this VN is one of the best that I've seen ~ c: .
Thank you, though I'd say it's nothing compared to some of the other VNs around X_X
LOL this is getting a little ridiculous. Right before I opened the game file, I was thinking up names in case I had to enter one(bingo)... I came up with "Yakumo", " Haruka" and "Nami" (I watch too much animes...) Soon after, I found out "my" best friend is Nami, "my" crush is Haruta... IS THIS WHAT THEY CALL A COINCIDENCE?
LMAO This made my day! :D

Thank you for your replies~ From what I can see... people aren't too fond of bright colours so I'll make sure not to use them in my next VN, and also my grammatical and spelling errors... :oops: It's 'cuz I type too fast for my own good... lol

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#24 Post by Coren »

Really cute game! :) I'm so glad I started off putting a Japanese name though, so it sounded less awkward. XD

Couldn't get the good ending. Must try...

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Alex »

Nice story, and the game looks cute...))
Was a bit confused when found that play as a "girl", lol (I've never played GxB games before), but after all, I enjoyed the game. Thanks...))

lilyalex
Regular
Completed: Crazy to be Famous
Projects: Bold Mount

Secret Santa Walk through?

#26 Post by lilyalex »

I'm probably stupid, but I REALLY need walk through, please. :oops:

I played about twenty times(!) :shock: but whatever I try, "MY" ending the same: Haruta don't like chimes, reject camera, thanks for the card, and walks away!!!

Agrrrrrr. I'm desperate!!! :( Anyone can help, please? :cry:

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: Secret Santa Walk through?

#27 Post by sake-bento »

If you have any questions about the game, please post them in the official thread or PM the creator.

lilyalex
Regular

Re: Secret Santa Walk through?

#28 Post by lilyalex »

Okay, thank you, sorry for that!!
(on a quick side note, I'd like to say that your games are awesome and I play Re:Alistair++ very often!!)

lilyalex
Regular

#29 Post by lilyalex »

Wahoo!!! It works! Thank you VERY MUCH!!! (By the way, the song is so amazing! I had tears in my eyes listening to it!)
Last edited by lilyalex on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

machinist
Regular

#30 Post by machinist »

lilyalex wrote:I played sooo many times and I never seem to get a good ending... Is there a kind of walkthrough? Thanks
wake him up
music room
go to infirmary
stay
talk to him
universe
back to the music room
practice outside
wait for sol
go to music room
try to continue
music box