Kiwi's Valentine

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mangokiwi.com

Kiwi's Valentine

#1 Post by mangokiwi.com »

Hi all,

Sharing the release of our first Visual Novel. It's called Kiwi's Valentine. Yep, it uses Ren'py, which is very cool, very intuitive.

The Game:
"Help Kiwi find that special someone in this thoroughly enjoyable story game! Choose how to react to many wacky situations as Mango and Kiwi search for true love!"

This game is being offered as a free gift by mangokiwi.com, and we hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends (and let us know what you think!).

Thanks,
mangokiwi.com

Get it from:
http://www.mangokiwi.com/story_games/ki ... entine.htm

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#2 Post by PyTom »

A valentines day game starring a bunch of fruits. Literally. A super-short game of only 688 words, not that there's anything wrong with that, as my current sig quote will attest to. Congratulations on creating your first game!

Two things:

1) Would you mind if we add this to the Ren'Ai Archives (at http://www.renai.us)? If you don't mind let me know quickly, since the

2) Ren'Py 5.4.1 came out yesterday, and fixed a bug that caused Ren'Py to crash when the text_speed parameter was set to something other than the maximum. To work around this you can either:

- Upgrade to Ren'Py 5.4.1
- Set the library.has_cps variable to False, by adding in lines like:

Code: Select all

init:
    $ library.has_cps = False
I'd suggest you make a new release that fixes this, and I apologize for letting this bug slip out. It's totally my fault.

Anyway, congratulations on your release!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Short, short reply

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

To mangokiwi:

Just a quick comment before I download... your site is well designed. Me, I'm s-l-o-w-l-y getting around to correcting the typos on my site, and maybe replacing my template with another.

So says the Taiyaki Fan, who *will* release (at least) a rough version of Drifting Leaves before March.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

mangokiwi.com

Done upgrading

#4 Post by mangokiwi.com »

Hey Py'Tom,

Glad you liked it! Yes, you can add it to the archives. I have upgraded the Ren'Py to 5.4.1 (I just replaced all of the files except the game script, archived image, and sound files with the new files).

Btw, thank you for an awesome tool! I hope to be making many more (longer) games in the future!

Thanks,
mangokiwi.com

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#5 Post by mikey »

^_^ it was funny, especially the expressions of Kiwi, when he always appears to be in some discomfort even if he's happy.
The idea is really great, fruit romance :lol: :lol:
A bit too short for my taste, but as a V-day present, it's perfect.
My girlfriend loved it BTW, that's quite a thing to say as she hardly plays any games (even mine :cry: ).

On a personal note I don't really think this is the kind of game that should be in the Archives, but I've said that with Amatire as well, as I believe it should be with girls/boys you can see. But this has nothing to do with the game as such.

Anyway, good luck, and looking forward to future games (hey, you mentioned it, and people here tend to remember ^_^)

Dre
Regular

#6 Post by Dre »

Haha, I liked it. I got the girl in the end. It was short, really short. But fun none the less. :D

Edit: Happy V-day to all!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#7 Post by rioka »

Happy Valentine's you guys! I'll give this a go later on today. Sounds fun! :D

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#8 Post by PyTom »

I've added it to the archives, and it should make it onto the CD.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Akimaru
Regular

#9 Post by Akimaru »

I'm a bit late, but....the game was short and fun.
I like the fact that you used fruit instead of people.
It suited perfectly with a short game like this.
Anyhow good luck on all your future projects!

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#10 Post by kara24601 »

Like everyone else , I enjoyed this game because it had fruits in it , kiwi looked uncomfortable no matter what , and it is a cute little valentine's day adventure. Since it's "sorta" ren'ai , ( seeing how it has to do with valentine's day / finding kiwi a date ) , I disagree that it doesn't really belong in the archives.