Wings

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#16 Post by PyTom »

Wow, megaupload may be one of the most annoying sites I've ever seen, what with all the popups and the like.

Okay, I've grabbed the files. I think that, now that you assert they are free of copyrighted material, they can be added to the archive. I do have two issues:

- Wingse.zip is missing run_game.py, which is necessary to run it under Linux and Windows. If you'd like me to add that in, I can.

- wings_special_edition.zip is a zip file containing the windows installer. I don't see a need for this, and it makes it harder for windows users to play your game. So is it okay if we just put the exe directly in archives?

Let me know if these changes are okay with you, and I'll add the game to the archive.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#17 Post by lordcloudx »

Of course, all the changes you mentioned are fine. :lol:

umm... if you host it on the ren'ai archives, is it ok for me to use the link there to submit to download.com?
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#18 Post by PyTom »

Okay, I've added Wings to the archive.

Two things:

- The description, which I stole from download.com, is very generic, and could probably apply to many of the games in the archive.

- I don't have a playtime for the game, so if someone could supply that, I'd appreciate it.

Feel free to submit the URL of the files hosted by the archive to upload.com.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#19 Post by mikey »

Playtime was around 20 minutes for me.

Wolfrider

#20 Post by Wolfrider »

12 minutes for me.

And I will download this new version too. I think the direct approach of the suicide theme is the key to the story of 'Wings' but i also will repeat myself: the ending looks like there is a sequel.

Over all, a good work.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

Wings: Special Edition 2

#21 Post by lordcloudx »

New version of wings upgraded to the latest version of ren'py intended to replace all other versions

This includes the original version and an edited version with different artwork and backgrounds, new lines inserted, and a different ending.

All the images have been archived and no windows installer this time.

This is a little side project of mine until Yanagi finishes writing the story for our last release for awhile.

edit: attachment deleted. It's on the ren'ai archives now
Last edited by lordcloudx on Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#22 Post by mikey »

Wow, the new version is really something different, graphics are much more abstract, nice work.
Yay! No windows installer ^_^

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

All my ren'py games

#23 Post by lordcloudx »

I just found out that the last version of wings I upped had errors when you play the original version. I've compiled all my games on this one attachment for ShiraiJunichi

edit: all my games are on the ren'ai archives now so I've deleted the attachment.
Last edited by lordcloudx on Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfrider

Nice!

#24 Post by Wolfrider »

Loli Kotori Kawaii ~ (^_^)

Since the first release of Wings I was sure there will be a 'sequel'. Well, this is not a Sequel but I was close enough.

I feel more this version as an "answer chapter", like the 'Higurashi no naku koro ni' series. The theme is different though; but the feeling is the same: first version leave issues unsolved and the reader keeps guessing, new version ('answer') says the answers to the reader and he sees if his theories were OK or not.

This new version also shows more of the protagonist thoughts, all of them are extremely realistic I must say. And my theory about the 'answer' was right (I'm happy!)

Oh, and the new character art! it looks, (how do i say it?) Ethereal is the word?, that white aura that was like 2D in the first version now envolves the characters in a 3D look, and that without losing the 'simplicity' feeling.

I'm a fan of 'Wings' and you can bet I'm downloading new games of radical Dreamers 2000 as soon as announced.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#25 Post by lordcloudx »

Thanks mikey and Wolfrider.

Wolfrider:
I'm looking forward to when you finish your first ren'py creation too.

Radical Dreamers 2002's next release will be another relatively short kinetic novel not written by me... but I can't make an announcement until the story is finished.

loli Kotori eh? Hee! Admittedly, reading too much of a certain anime blog helped me finalize Kotori's character design... and the expression on that screenshot you took was inspired by Henrietta from Gunslinger Girl

Hmm.... I hope more ppl will read the edited version and give their comparison with the original.

Softdrink9876
Projects: (Getting started on somthing. when i get somthing done, will put it here.)

Re: Wings

#26 Post by Softdrink9876 »

No! i have clicked on the link and it will not take me ot the site to download this! (can anyone help?)

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Showsni »

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Showsni »

Did you read my post? The one immediately above yours? Is that link not working?