Lemma Soft Forums

Supporting creators of visual novels and story-based games since 2003.

Visit our new games list, blog aggregator, IRC channel, and Discord (new).
Activation problem? Email pytom@bishoujo.us.
It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Double Romance
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:59 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 129
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie
Story
Image

Somehow you've ended up in an alternate universe where Santa is an actual postal worker and where bad tofu gets put in jail. It seems you've arrived just in time to take part in a dating game show hosted by a two inch tall cream puff. You're the main contestant, and your potential dates appear to be human, but they're a little weird. It's your chance to question, court, and maybe even insult your way to true love and find out who is your best match!

Playtime: 10 min.
Possible Endings: 5
Ages: All
Language: English
Free to play

Image

Credits
Writing, Art, Programming: Shwippie
Music: Teirrah1995
Beta Testing: Yu-nomii
Visual novel tool: Ren'py


Download
Windows
Download : http://www.mediafire.com/?t7svc415d1sai8i
(extract and run the .exe file)

Mac
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?8cncfq8yi3ybfby

Linux
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?4ae1c3l5fk71b87

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:52 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:55 pm
Posts: 136
The art is beautiful! I'm downloading this now. ^^


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:02 am 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 129
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie
Thank you!! >u< Please let me know what you think of it!

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:37 am 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:55 pm
Posts: 136
My computer is lagging so I have to stop playing for now. :( The only comment I have is that it would have been better if the textbox was also customized. ^^ And I was surprised about the voice that played about the creampuff.random,xD

I can't really say much since I haven't played much yet. I will get back to you later. ^^


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:20 am 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 129
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie
Julie wrote:
My computer is lagging so I have to stop playing for now. :( The only comment I have is that it would have been better if the textbox was also customized. ^^ And I was surprised about the voice that played about the creampuff.random,xD

I can't really say much since I haven't played much yet. I will get back to you later. ^^


You're right about the text boxes...I wanted to have them be custom and below the main screen, since the bg has a lot of details, but I thought it'd be better to keep it at 600x800 rather than extend down. I'm still not sure what to do about that, since I'd like all screen resolutions to be able to play.

I appreciate the feedback so far! It really helps me (since I hope to do a more serious sequel to this/may also edit this one once I see what the problems are).

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:20 am 
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Posts: 474
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer
Projects: Cognitive Dissonance, Twinkled Night
Twitter: @10_Salt
Tumblr: yuukipudding
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
Whee~
I've been waiting for this one!
Cute art :3
I'm downloading it now, after I played it I'll tell you what I think~ ^^

_________________


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:31 am 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:28 pm
Posts: 56
Location: USA
Projects: Too many~!
I’ve been waiting with a lot of anticipation for Double Romance, and after playing it, I have to say it's a charming, brilliant little visual novel! It was excellently presented and a delight to play. Fantastic job!

The setup is really interesting and unique and the questions the player is given to ask the characters are fun and full of personality. Learning about them and their world through their answers was a nice twist. I especially loved seeing how different or similar Shwii and Shwinn's answers were when asked the same question. Although there are 5 possible endings, I only managed to get 3 after several play-throughs. I hope you post a walk-through so I can get the others!

The art is amazing! It’s so stylish and cute! The sprites are gorgeous, (very expressive and really well done!) but what I loved most was just staring at all the different details in the backgrounds. Their rooms are just filled with so many cool and quirky items! Also, the theme and minimal use of color throughout the game was really neat, as was the simple, yet intricate detailing in the artwork.

The music got a little repetitive as I played, but the track itself fit the feeling of the game really well. And it was so adorable when Shwippie the cream puffed talked! What a cute voice! I laughed when it started doing jumping jacks. Incredibly amusing! I only wish Shwippie had spoken all of it’s lines.

Double Romance comes off as both innocent and yet slightly ominous at the same time, but I found this combination really enjoyable. I sincerely look forward to more visual novels from you!

_________________
ImageImageImage
If you'd like to contact me, please email me at: sal.com@live.com


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:03 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 129
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie
YuukiCrossPudding wrote:
Whee~
I've been waiting for this one!
Cute art :3
I'm downloading it now, after I played it I'll tell you what I think~ ^^


YAY! Thanks Yuuki, I appreciate it >u<

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:12 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 129
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie
salis wrote:
I’ve been waiting with a lot of anticipation for Double Romance, and after playing it, I have to say it's a charming, brilliant little visual novel! It was excellently presented and a delight to play. Fantastic job!

The setup is really interesting and unique and the questions the player is given to ask the characters are fun and full of personality. Learning about them and their world through their answers was a nice twist. I especially loved seeing how different or similar Shwii and Shwinn's answers were when asked the same question. Although there are 5 possible endings, I only managed to get 3 after several play-throughs. I hope you post a walk-through so I can get the others!

The art is amazing! It’s so stylish and cute! The sprites are gorgeous, (very expressive and really well done!) but what I loved most was just staring at all the different details in the backgrounds. Their rooms are just filled with so many cool and quirky items! Also, the theme and minimal use of color throughout the game was really neat, as was the simple, yet intricate detailing in the artwork.

The music got a little repetitive as I played, but the track itself fit the feeling of the game really well. And it was so adorable when Shwippie the cream puffed talked! What a cute voice! I laughed when it started doing jumping jacks. Incredibly amusing! I only wish Shwippie had spoken all of it’s lines.

Double Romance comes off as both innocent and yet slightly ominous at the same time, but I found this combination really enjoyable. I sincerely look forward to more visual novels from you!


Whoa...Thanks for the detailed feedback!
I'm glad you liked the set up and thought the presentation worked- that's a relief to me :mrgreen:
About the five endings, the other 2 are just there for people trying to game the system haha
You can get them by:
asking only Shwii questions, then choosing Shwinn at the end, and vice versa


I agree about the music...I would have liked more, but the person I was working with was only able to do that much, so I ended up looping it. I tried to find songs from another source but couldn't find anything else that would match.
You liked the voice?! Hahaha that's me. I have no voice acting experience, so I thought I'd limit it, in case of complete fail lol

Thanks so much for all the incredibly kind comments. *tears of joy*

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:49 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:36 pm
Posts: 100
Location: Canada... eh.
Projects: Twinkle Twinkle
OK FIRST OFF. I adored this so much. The concept is cute. The music you chose was excellent for the tone of the VN, but somewhat repetitive after a while. And what is this blasphemy; your VN totally deserved a custom textbox. D:

But meh,...your art is gorgeous and detailed. And rainbows and everything nice in this world. Your writing/dialogue is eccentric but in a good way. Shwii and Shwinn's answers made me giggle. OH YES AND SCHWIPPIE...luls, your voice is absolutely adorable.

...I will be lurking around eagerly awaiting any of your further releases. Heh.

_________________
tumblr.Umbrella Cookie.dA.
Current Project: Twinkle Twinkle.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:06 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 129
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie
aestate wrote:
OK FIRST OFF. I adored this so much. The concept is cute. The music you chose was excellent for the tone of the VN, but somewhat repetitive after a while. And what is this blasphemy; your VN totally deserved a custom textbox. D:

But meh,...your art is gorgeous and detailed. And rainbows and everything nice in this world. Your writing/dialogue is eccentric but in a good way. Shwii and Shwinn's answers made me giggle. OH YES AND SCHWIPPIE...luls, your voice is absolutely adorable.

...I will be lurking around eagerly awaiting any of your further releases. Heh.


Holy cow, you are too kind. I definitely don't deserve all those compliments, but thank you!!
And the pointers you gave me a very smart. It's the second time I've heard the music is repetitive so I know it's an issue for sure.
Can I ask about the text box? D: Um, would it be enough if it was custom, or does it also need to not be covering up the bg? I can make it custom, but I have a problem extending the picture down (since it won't be 600x800 anymore)

Yipee, that really motivates me if I know you're lurking!! lol

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:41 pm 
Regular

Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:47 am
Posts: 43
Completed: Eyes of a Dead Fish
Hi. =)
I just played your game, and totally loved it.
It was pretty short, and that's about the only complaint I have about it. Your art was detailed and monochromatic, a completely different style than I'm used to. It's was definitely refreshing.
Every question I asked to both Shwii and Shwinn had me absorbed. Their world is a strange one, albeit cute and interesting.
Cyclops and stick figure-man. xD Just genius. Also, Shwinn's secret that Shwii told us, now why didn't I think of that during my exams...
Basically their answers had me both amused and thinking.

The characters both have baffling personalities that I would never have guessed by just looking at them first. That's a good thing, since you're supposed to be learning about them. They felt like complete strangers with solid, consistent personalities and you were really becoming friends to them.
I think someone stated this earlier... the rooms are just intriguing. xD I had to sit there, stop and stare at each of them until I was sure I looked at absolutely everything there was. And then did it again.
I just wish that I got to know more about their world. It was a slice of Alice in Wonderland for me, except I liked your atmosphere more. I'm looking forward to your new projects, and thanks for the treat.
Sadly, I had to play this completely silent so I didn't get to hear the music or your voice-overs for the lovely creampuff. =( I'll definitely play it again soon.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:14 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 129
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie
Kuroneko wrote:
Hi. =)
I just played your game, and totally loved it.
It was pretty short, and that's about the only complaint I have about it. Your art was detailed and monochromatic, a completely different style than I'm used to. It's was definitely refreshing.
Every question I asked to both Shwii and Shwinn had me absorbed. Their world is a strange one, albeit cute and interesting.
Cyclops and stick figure-man. xD Just genius. Also, Shwinn's secret that Shwii told us, now why didn't I think of that during my exams...
Basically their answers had me both amused and thinking.

The characters both have baffling personalities that I would never have guessed by just looking at them first. That's a good thing, since you're supposed to be learning about them. They felt like complete strangers with solid, consistent personalities and you were really becoming friends to them.
I think someone stated this earlier... the rooms are just intriguing. xD I had to sit there, stop and stare at each of them until I was sure I looked at absolutely everything there was. And then did it again.
I just wish that I got to know more about their world. It was a slice of Alice in Wonderland for me, except I liked your atmosphere more. I'm looking forward to your new projects, and thanks for the treat.
Sadly, I had to play this completely silent so I didn't get to hear the music or your voice-overs for the lovely creampuff. =( I'll definitely play it again soon.


I really appreciate the lengthy review, Kuroneko ^^
Haha I'm glad all the work on the bg didn't go to waste- I'm honored if you thought it was interesting enough to take a second look! *o*
I'm also ecstatic about what you said about getting to know them (it's hard for me to judge that myself, so I'm relying on comments like yours to know how the characters come across)
Aww a thousand thanks!

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:11 am 
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Posts: 474
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer
Projects: Cognitive Dissonance, Twinkled Night
Twitter: @10_Salt
Tumblr: yuukipudding
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
Kyaaaa!
lol
it's too cute!
I love shwinn!
He's like a cute, (weird) boy
lol
and Shwippie too,
(I laugh when a bug fly near her)
what bug is that? it make her like she's not a cream puff but... a... p**
xDD

Well I love when I ask Shwinn
"If I set your room on fire, what item would you save first?"
He said "....you"
lol! <3
Shwii is cute too!


I love you you draw it, etc.
Hope you'll make another one again.
maybe a sequel? xD

_________________


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Double Romance
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:43 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 129
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie
YuukiCrossPudding wrote:
Kyaaaa!
lol
it's too cute!
I love shwinn!
He's like a cute, (weird) boy
lol
and Shwippie too,
(I laugh when a bug fly near her)
what bug is that? it make her like she's not a cream puff but... a... p**
xDD

Well I love when I ask Shwinn
"If I set your room on fire, what item would you save first?"
He said "....you"
lol! <3
Shwii is cute too!


I love you you draw it, etc.
Hope you'll make another one again.
maybe a sequel? xD


lol it was
a fly near shwippie, so you're kind of right XD

eee thank you >w< I'm so happy you played it!
I know what I want to do for the sequel (it's gonna be a bit different ^^b)

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group